The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

The issue I have with all this, the entire big picture isn't generally taken in with most scientists any longer. Like medical doctors they have their specific areas of studies and further their specialties. More they are all looking to be Published and are constantly vying for huge grant funds. Then of course they want to author books and curriculum textbooks. Science and Studies have become big business.

While you are not likely familiar with the Midwest, it is not at all unusual for April and May to be cold here, nothing new. We have had blizzards on my Birthday. Easter normally in April is generally very cold here and has been my entire life. I can remember one beautiful Easter when my kids were small and it was actually appropriate for them to wear their Spring Easter outfits.

Then the problems with nature at first blush seem to support the scientists. Still the info is a bit corrupted. We have pesticides that have killed off so many species of insects or greatly lessened their existence. Th en there are bugs that are actually imported accidently. In my area West Nile Virus killed off all the Crows and BlueJays in my area. Nothing to do with climate. Tigers and Elephants are fading from the planet, still more of this has to do with poachers than lack of water or food. I look at all the issues @donaldtoo area had for several years in his nearby lake due to drought for multiple years. Now weather has corrected. We had the same thing with Lake Michigan, it was low for several years, now it is normal again.

My thought is the over generalization of global warming and climate change without thinking of all the variables that contribute to changes on earth. They all contribute.
I so agree with this. The planet has been like this way before man and cars came along.

Cesar R M

The issue I have with all this, the entire big picture isn't generally taken in with most scientists any longer. Like medical doctors they have their specific areas of studies and further their specialties. More they are all looking to be Published and are constantly vying for huge grant funds. Then of course they want to author books and curriculum textbooks. Science and Studies have become big business.

While you are not likely familiar with the Midwest, it is not at all unusual for April and May to be cold here, nothing new. We have had blizzards on my Birthday. Easter normally in April is generally very cold here and has been my entire life. I can remember one beautiful Easter when my kids were small and it was actually appropriate for them to wear their Spring Easter outfits.

Then the problems with nature at first blush seem to support the scientists. Still the info is a bit corrupted. We have pesticides that have killed off so many species of insects or greatly lessened their existence. Th en there are bugs that are actually imported accidently. In my area West Nile Virus killed off all the Crows and BlueJays in my area. Nothing to do with climate. Tigers and Elephants are fading from the planet, still more of this has to do with poachers than lack of water or food. I look at all the issues @donaldtoo area had for several years in his nearby lake due to drought for multiple years. Now weather has corrected. We had the same thing with Lake Michigan, it was low for several years, now it is normal again.

My thought is the over generalization of global warming and climate change without thinking of all the variables that contribute to changes on earth. They all contribute.
you're talking very specified instances on very specific areas. The study was for worldwide.
Remember, many people still claim that global warming/climate change does not exist "because it snowed on my town!".
When the scientists use global numbers.

MOXOMUMD

It was to my family. I was the first one in the family to graduate from High School. (Different times then) I had to get a class ring because they wanted to show it off. It quickly became much less important when I became the first one to graduate from college. I know that I have my HS class ring somewhere but damned if I remember where it might be. I was going to try and find it because I am attending my 50th High School reunion this summer and I wanted to wear it. It must be around here someplace. I still have the tassel from my graduation cap.
I have my dad's ring and tassel packed away. He was the Class of '58, I was '88.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
you're talking very specified instances on very specific areas. The study was for worldwide.
Remember, many people still claim that global warming/climate change does not exist "because it snowed on my town!".
When the scientists use global numbers.

Yes, but examples of worldwide specific instances that continue to be oversimplified by many scientists and alarmists that also stand to garner wealth from those who believe the sky is falling.

Remember Al Gore has earned 10's of millions of dollars from his books, movies and speech gigs and he is just one thumping the sky is falling rhetoric and that is just a drop in the bucket in comparison to him being very vested now in the eco firms. In less than ten years from jumping ship from politics to save the world he is on track to becoming a billionaire. This is big business. Some will jump with both feet into the climate fears others will not. I am cautious with sky fallers and fear mongers like Baker and Sun Myung Moon fear for money ploys. I tend not to jump onto the tracks with any of them, different packaging, similar emotional pleas, end result boatloads of money IMO

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Hi all. Drained. Actually took the day off and we went into Chicago today to celebrate my Birthday. Actually went out last night too so it was a good release from skipping a day at hospital and leaving it to my Mom today. I did talk to the physical therapist today but beyond that I didn't even inquire-needed a day for me.

Family birthday gifts to me. A Vera Mickey cross body and a Fitbit.

CfuBh3gUkAIgZAm.jpg

We had a plan to go to one of my favorite restaurants and to the zoo, taking a train into Chicago but it was rainy and cold. So restaurant was still a go but we Uber'd around when we got off the train 'cause nobody wanted to be wet and cold at the zoo including me.

CfsiTCBXIAEC6w-.jpg

Wasn't quite noon when we were seated.
Cftf1ngWcAA_g-j.jpg

Mediterranean herb appetizer. Chicago Lincoln park

CftfR42XIAAumMi.jpg

I'm missing the salad. I'll look for it. Big but the dressings are amazing poppy seed and then a sour cream garlic.

Followed by the star. Pizza pot pie. Over the top yummy. It comes stuffed with veggies and sausage, mine anyhow.
CftfqpVWEAYx7KB.jpg

Cftft_tXEAQoytu.jpg

Leave the restaurant and here is how eclectic the Lincoln Park neighborhood is.

Chicago doorway theming.

CfteiO_W4AIvZF6.jpg

And around the corner is the very first, tiny hole in the wall Lettuce Entertain You restaurant where they invented the crazed and still popular fad called a SALAD BAR. We ate there for my Birthday last year.

CftX2phW4AEyrrb.jpg

Happy Belated Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!! I definitely approve of the Vera Bradley bag, I have one like it and I love it . And that food looks delicious!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I have my dad's ring and tassel packed away. He was the Class of '58, I was '88.

That is sweet.

I have some very precious things and many more I wish I had. My Mom is a without warning. I have somethings like my Dads Gold Watch, my Grandfather who worked on a railroad-pocket watch. A few things my Dad brought home from and marked Occupied Japan. My Gran's Victrola. Most of the things she tossed or gave away. The thing I am most disappointed in is my Grans Bible.
Throughout the Bible Gran documented generations and generations of Births, Weddings and Deaths from both sides of my Mom's family that was/is massive in the decades in the States. My Mom has no sentimental attachment to anything so just about anything my Sis and I had from our childhoods are in landfills. What I have is from when I was an older teen and started packing away, by that time I was onto the phrase...I threw/gave that away.

betty rose

That is sweet.

I have some very precious things and many more I wish I had. My Mom is a ****** without warning. I have somethings like my Dads Gold Watch, my Grandfather who worked on a railroad-pocket watch. A few things my Dad brought home from and marked Occupied Japan. My Gran's Victrola. Most of the things she tossed or gave away. The thing I am most disappointed in is my Grans Bible.
Throughout the Bible Gran documented generations and generations of Births, Weddings and Deaths from both sides of my Mom's family that was/is massive in the decades in the States. My Mom has no sentimental attachment to anything so just about anything my Sis and I had from our childhoods are in landfills. What I have is from when I was an older teen and started packing away, by that time I was onto the phrase...I threw/gave that away.
I didn't get anything from my family, sister kept everything and passed some stuff to her kids. That kind of things can happen in families. All I asked for was, Mom's recipes....sister kept them , and she said she threw them away. As far as I'm concerned it was the last mean thing she could do to me. Mom was a really good home cook. I would have loved to continue that tradition. Oh well, life goes on....

betty rose

We are back from the doctor. The stone has moved further down, just above the bladder. Hubby goes back in two weeks. If it isn't out, then they will go up with a lazer, and blast the stone.....it's the size of a small pea. Ouch! Check to make sure the ureter isn't damaged put in a stent and hope the rest passes. If not, they will go up and retrieve it, and put in another stent. We are feeling major stress at this point. If they can't get it out, hubby's kidney will shut down, and he will be in big trouble according to the urologist.

Last edited:

Cesar R M

Yes, but examples of worldwide specific instances that continue to be oversimplified by many scientists and alarmists that also stand to garner wealth from those who believe the sky is falling.

Remember Al Gore has earned 10's of millions of dollars from his books, movies and speech gigs and he is just one thumping the sky is falling rhetoric and that is just a drop in the bucket in comparison to him being very vested now in the eco firms. In less than ten years from jumping ship from politics to save the world he is on track to becoming a billionaire. This is big business. Some will jump with both feet into the climate fears others will not. I am cautious with sky fallers and fear mongers like Baker and Sun Myung Moon fear for money ploys. I tend not to jump onto the tracks with any of them, different packaging, similar emotional pleas, end result boatloads of money IMO
Al Gore was just a opportunistic moron trying to get attention. No difference in the other spectrum as Trump.
It was shameful to see Al Gore get the Nobel.
While his mansion wasted more power than 3000 houses combined.

Last edited:

betty rose

Amen, sister.....I so agree..... powers that be.... over the world, want to put a tax on us in America

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom