The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Good morning I'm not enjoying what seems to be the hopefully last gasp of old man winter. There's a thin coating of carp on the ground but at least it looks like the roads are clear. Tonight's dinner Rainbow Groundhog. Brown ground groundhog with red and yellow onions and some minced garlic. remove to a bowl and in the same dutch oven add diced rainbow (red, purple, yellow and orange) carrots, diced (red, yellow and green) peppers, celery and a bit of evoo if needed. Cook until just coated with oil. add in brown rice and groundhog stock a bit of paprika and allspice. Bring to boil reduce and cover let simmer about 40 minutes until with liquid is absorbed serve with a garden salad and bordeaux.
Sympathy like....I'm so sorry. We actually FINALLY got the nice day they've been promising us for WEEKS and never got. It was like...63 degrees and sunny. When we visited the lamb we adopted, we took a hike up the trail to a scenic view and then I rested my hip which was feeling very heavy while DH took the kids to find a good tree to climb. This is the first time this year that the weather has been nice enough to do anything like that. It was gorgeous. First time we could sit outside with just a light jacket on. So I'm sorry your weather took a turn for the worse...maybe mother nature decided it was our turn today for once? Hope your weather warms up soon, though!

Songbird76

No, everything is pretty much the same as it was when I first mentioned it. I'm not always sure that my girls let me know about every change because they feel the because of the way our marriage ended that I shouldn't be involved. Not in a negative sense, but, feel that it is not my responsibility anymore and that they will handle it. About the only time I hear anything is when they have a major disagreement about what to do next and need to vent.
Very considerate of them not to want you to have to deal with it, but probably just as stressful for you because you know there's tension there and that you can't fix it. I'll keep praying for all of you.

Songbird76

No, he had no clue who Shakira is. If it's not classic rock, he doesn't know the artist. And then he pulled a John Travolta with her name.

He also calls tortilla chips tortilia chips. :rolleyes:
My friend in Australia has a grandmother who pulls John Travoltas with a lot of things...like...she was talking about the Bipolar epidemic in Africa...she meant Ebola. And she was telling them all about the delicious p ornographic tomatoes she had eaten...she meant Hydroponic. I get a kick out of "Nanna" stories. She is hilarious!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
My friend in Australia has a grandmother who pulls John Travoltas with a lot of things...like...she was talking about the Bipolar epidemic in Africa...she meant Ebola. And she was telling them all about the delicious p ornographic tomatoes she had eaten...she meant Hydroponic. I get a kick out of "Nanna" stories. She is hilarious!

:hilarious: She has some good material there! :joyfull:

donaldtoo

I don't like the Christmas (brag) letter, look what I've done, how great I am, etc. etc. Annoying. I got a letter every year from an a girl from high school, that was only in my graduating class of 700 kids. Anyway, she sent them every year. I sent he one back a couple years ago, told of the DVC, cruise around the caribbean, etc. We didn't hear from her this Christmas. ;)

:hilarious:
Yep, not a fan of the "Fantastic Family" Christmas form letter either.
People seem to, generally, only write them when things are going well. Then, you don't get one for a few years and later find out that everything went to h**l.
Don't mind the picture cards at all though, with, maybe, a short note. It's just enough, but, not too much. :)

donaldtoo

My husband's aunt sends out a brag letter every year, it has become the joke of the family. Everything is always wonderful and sunny in their and their children's lives. It is like they are living a fairy tale. Her daughter spent some time one year in India (in a really poor and dirty area) and even having her daughter spend time in a slum with dirty drinking water and dying children was somehow a Magical (a word the aunt likes to use in the letters) experience. Her letter is always typed, two full pages front and back, and in 10 point font. And there is always a picture collage included too.

Funny, but, kinda' sad, too.

donaldtoo

You know whats funny? a "small wedding' in my country means at least 50 people...
and a normal one means at least 200 people :greedy::greedy: :hilarious::hilarious:

We invited 250 to our wedding and 225 showed up. It was great and what we wanted. We payed for most of it OOP, and via a loan. My folks payed for the catering, DWifeys mom payed for her dress, and one of DWifeys aunts made both cakes.
I think, total cost, if you included eveything, was about $8,000-ish. We paid $5,000 of that.
Oldest DDs, with about 150 guests, was considerably more, and she didn't even go nearly overboard. We paid for the vast majority, but, it was worth it. Our family had been through a lot over recent years, and it turned out to be one of the most wonderfully memorable days for all of us. Truly fabulous...dare I say...Magical...! ;) :happy: :)

donaldtoo

Goofyernmost

:hilarious:
Yep, not a fan of the "Fantastic Family" Christmas form letter either.
People seem to, generally, only write them when things are going well. Then, you don't get one for a few years and later find out that everything went to h**l.
Don't mind the picture cards at all though, with, maybe, a short note. It's just enough, but, not too much. :)
I only do them as a revenge mission. Someone that sends me that most glorious of letters receives what they think is a family letter, but, it is only to them. I had one this year and the only thing that they left out was that they won the lottery, so I assume they didn't. I sent them one with a lot of details, some true, some 'I think I remember' of my European trip and trans-Atlantic cruise. Along with real and imagined accomplishments of my daughters and grandchildren. And, oh yea, I almost forgot my hole in one on a par 4 hole. I'm almost positive I remember that happening. :angelic::joyfull:

Cesar R M

those saucy perverted tomatoes! always naked and juicy all over! :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

Goofyernmost

Great day indeed. The Orioles are still undefeated, in case you were wondering.
It's probably not going to last. Oops, sorry! My son in law is a die hard Orioles fan and I have unlimited fun with him over that mistake in judgment. :) He is so obsessed with the Orioles that he named is first born son (from another marriage) Brooks! After Brooks Robinson, of course!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom