The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Yep, same here. Couldn't have cared less about a HS graduation ring. I graduated from HS...not that big a deal.
It was to my family. I was the first one in the family to graduate from High School. (Different times then) I had to get a class ring because they wanted to show it off. It quickly became much less important when I became the first one to graduate from college. I know that I have my HS class ring somewhere but damned if I remember where it might be. I was going to try and find it because I am attending my 50th High School reunion this summer and I wanted to wear it. It must be around here someplace. I still have the tassel from my graduation cap.

StarWarsGirl

It's probably not going to last. Oops, sorry! My son in law is a die hard Orioles fan and I have unlimited fun with him over that mistake in judgment. :) He is so obsessed with the Orioles that he named is first born son (from another marriage) Brooks! After Brooks Robinson, of course!
Whatdoyamean mistake! :eek::p Last team in the league to still be undefeated. Last time that happened was 1970. We won the World Series that year.

My brother is named after an Oriole. I yelled to cheer on the player when he was in-utero, and he kicked. That was his name.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Hi all. Drained. Actually took the day off and we went into Chicago today to celebrate my Birthday. Actually went out last night too so it was a good release from skipping a day at hospital and leaving it to my Mom today. I did talk to the physical therapist today but beyond that I didn't even inquire-needed a day for me.

Family birthday gifts to me. A Vera Mickey cross body and a Fitbit.

CfuBh3gUkAIgZAm.jpg

Gabe1

We had a plan to go to one of my favorite restaurants and to the zoo, taking a train into Chicago but it was rainy and cold. So restaurant was still a go but we Uber'd around when we got off the train 'cause nobody wanted to be wet and cold at the zoo including me.

CfsiTCBXIAEC6w-.jpg

Wasn't quite noon when we were seated.
Cftf1ngWcAA_g-j.jpg

Mediterranean herb appetizer. Chicago Lincoln park

CftfR42XIAAumMi.jpg

I'm missing the salad. I'll look for it. Big but the dressings are amazing poppy seed and then a sour cream garlic.

Followed by the star. Pizza pot pie. Over the top yummy. It comes stuffed with veggies and sausage, mine anyhow.
CftfqpVWEAYx7KB.jpg

Cftft_tXEAQoytu.jpg

Leave the restaurant and here is how eclectic the Lincoln Park neighborhood is.

Chicago doorway theming.

CfteiO_W4AIvZF6.jpg

And around the corner is the very first, tiny hole in the wall Lettuce Entertain You restaurant where they invented the crazed and still popular fad called a SALAD BAR. We ate there for my Birthday last year.

CftX2phW4AEyrrb.jpg

Gabe1

So we left stuffed rounded the corner to Starbucks 'cause we were cold and caught another Uber to the Field Museum.

Emperors Terraccotia warriors.
CftkLoVXEAImENE.jpg
\\
Chicago artist interpretation of Ronald McDonald Selfie.

CftiU6TWsAANS8k.jpg

And a plaque, cause they are so proud of their previous achievement.......

CftYJKIW8AA9klU.jpg

And then I passed this as I rounded the corner.

CftkhKXW4AEoE9Z.jpg

Gabe1

Encores you mean?

In spite of being a musician, I've learned to appreciate opera, but I've never really liked it. No desire to go to an opera or anything. I've been told by multiple music teachers that my voice is perfect for being operatically trained. Just wasted on me I guess.:rolleyes:

I have great appreciation for good instrumental talent, in awe of amazing voices-and I am right there with ya sister friend, only worse Opera grates on my last nerve.

Gabe1

Good morning I'm not enjoying what seems to be the hopefully last gasp of old man winter. There's a thin coating of carp on the ground but at least it looks like the roads are clear. Tonight's dinner Rainbow Groundhog. Brown ground groundhog with red and yellow onions and some minced garlic. remove to a bowl and in the same dutch oven add diced rainbow (red, purple, yellow and orange) carrots, diced (red, yellow and green) peppers, celery and a bit of evoo if needed. Cook until just coated with oil. add in brown rice and groundhog stock a bit of paprika and allspice. Bring to boil reduce and cover let simmer about 40 minutes until with liquid is absorbed serve with a garden salad and bordeaux.

I returned your stockpot too soon. Shouldn't have sold mine at the garage sale last summer. My DD spent the night and on Saturday had to clean her car to get mine out of the garage. Today we were going from snow to rain and ice pellets. The crocuses were still pretty though. :facepalm:

Gabe1

No, everything is pretty much the same as it was when I first mentioned it. I'm not always sure that my girls let me know about every change because they feel the because of the way our marriage ended that I shouldn't be involved. Not in a negative sense, but, feel that it is not my responsibility anymore and that they will handle it. About the only time I hear anything is when they have a major disagreement about what to do next and need to vent.

Pixie Dust. A rock and a hard place that isn't a fun place to be.

Gabe1

No, he had no clue who Shakira is. If it's not classic rock, he doesn't know the artist. And then he pulled a John Travolta with her name.

He also calls tortilla chips tortilia chips. :rolleyes:

I'm a classic rock gal too though I do appreciate some of my offsprings music. Nothing made me happier than to relive my youth with the concerts of Billy Joel, Elton John and variations of the Chicago and the Beach Boys and so forth. Good times, good music, great memories.

Gabe1

Sympathy like....I'm so sorry. We actually FINALLY got the nice day they've been promising us for WEEKS and never got. It was like...63 degrees and sunny. When we visited the lamb we adopted, we took a hike up the trail to a scenic view and then I rested my hip which was feeling very heavy while DH took the kids to find a good tree to climb. This is the first time this year that the weather has been nice enough to do anything like that. It was gorgeous. First time we could sit outside with just a light jacket on. So I'm sorry your weather took a turn for the worse...maybe mother nature decided it was our turn today for once? Hope your weather warms up soon, though!

I worry about you and that hip of yours. I'm kinda like you, when I am getting a bit better I tend to push it cause I am sick of the limitations.
But you have GOT To "save" yourself for your summer vacation. :happy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom