The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I think I got the word.. which is COJER.
which is used BOTH for sexual term and to "obtain" as in "grab', which kinda also has a value of "catch".

definitively not a word you would use XD.
That could be. I don't think he used a specific word in Spanish, though. He just told us not to use "catch" in that instance, and I'm pretty sure he said it in English. He told our whole math class and most of them weren't taking Spanish. So maybe he meant it in English? A lot of Americans go south and cross the border for breaks/vacations. So maybe he was telling us no to ask in English where we could "catch" the bus. Maybe I just THOUGHT he meant in Spanish, because he was from Mexico.

Songbird76

Encores you mean?

In spite of being a musician, I've learned to appreciate opera, but I've never really liked it. No desire to go to an opera or anything. I've been told by multiple music teachers that my voice is perfect for being operatically trained. Just wasted on me I guess.:rolleyes:
I'm not a fan of opera either. Too much vibrato....makes it sound off-key to me. My voice is definitely more suited to Jazz or musicals, both of which I love.

Songbird76

Last night at the Orioles game, they were doing their "guess the year" thing on the jumbotron in between innings. They give you three clues: a music clue, an event clue, and an Orioles history clue. Last night, the music clue was that Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" was released in that year. My dad goes, "Who's Sharika?" Pronounced the way I spelled it there. :rolleyes:
Oh how funny! Does he not know who Shakira is then? Or did he just read it wrong? Or was he joking?

Songbird76

I'm going to be out most of the day. Heading to the in-laws' and to visit the sheep we adopted, then to visit my nephew in the hospital as promised. BIL forgot to let us know he was already in. They still didn't have the dates yet last time we talked to them, but we found out from Oma and Opa when we called to say we were coming this weekend...works out well. Good thing we called or we'd never have found out. But he's there for 12 days, so we might be able to go next weekend, too.
Hope all is well with you guys.
@Goofyernmost , any news about your ex-wife?

Cesar R M

so, in other news.. I just saw the movie MUNE Guardian of the Moon.
Dear god, what an adorable movie!!!
full of symbolism too!

RLLwAsD.jpg

Cesar R M

That could be. I don't think he used a specific word in Spanish, though. He just told us not to use "catch" in that instance, and I'm pretty sure he said it in English. He told our whole math class and most of them weren't taking Spanish. So maybe he meant it in English? A lot of Americans go south and cross the border for breaks/vacations. So maybe he was telling us no to ask in English where we could "catch" the bus. Maybe I just THOUGHT he meant in Spanish, because he was from Mexico.
well if he said you shouldn't use the word to catch, its definitively the spanish version, aka COJER. Which a lot of people use it in a bad way.
Again, its the classic "Albur", aka use of double meaning of certain words to make sexual interjections, jokes or indirects.

Cesar R M

Encores you mean?

In spite of being a musician, I've learned to appreciate opera, but I've never really liked it. No desire to go to an opera or anything. I've been told by multiple music teachers that my voice is perfect for being operatically trained. Just wasted on me I guess.:rolleyes:
In spanish they are mentioned as "Bis" (aka repetition, yeah encore)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning I'm not enjoying what seems to be the hopefully last gasp of old man winter. There's a thin coating of carp on the ground but at least it looks like the roads are clear. Tonight's dinner Rainbow Groundhog. Brown ground groundhog with red and yellow onions and some minced garlic. remove to a bowl and in the same dutch oven add diced rainbow (red, purple, yellow and orange) carrots, diced (red, yellow and green) peppers, celery and a bit of evoo if needed. Cook until just coated with oil. add in brown rice and groundhog stock a bit of paprika and allspice. Bring to boil reduce and cover let simmer about 40 minutes until with liquid is absorbed serve with a garden salad and bordeaux.

FutureCEO

Good morning I'm not enjoying what seems to be the hopefully last gasp of old man winter. There's a thin coating of carp on the ground but at least it looks like the roads are clear. Tonight's dinner Rainbow Groundhog. Brown ground groundhog with red and yellow onions and some minced garlic. remove to a bowl and in the same dutch oven add diced rainbow (red, purple, yellow and orange) carrots, diced (red, yellow and green) peppers, celery and a bit of evoo if needed. Cook until just coated with oil. add in brown rice and groundhog stock a bit of paprika and allspice. Bring to boil reduce and cover let simmer about 40 minutes until with liquid is absorbed serve with a garden salad and bordeaux.

And I only made Pasta Tacos last night and your make groundhog which must taste like roadkill. ;)

Goofyernmost

I'm going to be out most of the day. Heading to the in-laws' and to visit the sheep we adopted, then to visit my nephew in the hospital as promised. BIL forgot to let us know he was already in. They still didn't have the dates yet last time we talked to them, but we found out from Oma and Opa when we called to say we were coming this weekend...works out well. Good thing we called or we'd never have found out. But he's there for 12 days, so we might be able to go next weekend, too.
Hope all is well with you guys.
@Goofyernmost , any news about your ex-wife?
No, everything is pretty much the same as it was when I first mentioned it. I'm not always sure that my girls let me know about every change because they feel the because of the way our marriage ended that I shouldn't be involved. Not in a negative sense, but, feel that it is not my responsibility anymore and that they will handle it. About the only time I hear anything is when they have a major disagreement about what to do next and need to vent.

Figgy1

Premium Member
No, everything is pretty much the same as it was when I first mentioned it. I'm not always sure that my girls let me know about every change because they feel the because of the way our marriage ended that I shouldn't be involved. Not in a negative sense, but, feel that it is not my responsibility anymore and that they will handle it. About the only time I hear anything is when they have a major disagreement about what to do next and need to vent.
That's sweet of them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom