The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Don't see much Old Bay here. The places they list obviously mean nothing to me or the area of Baltimore with the bologna hot dogs but they may to you or not.

Baltimore delis of Lombard Street; Attman's, Weiss' and Lenny's and Pollock Johnny's of Lexington and Stuggy's, Miller's Deli.
Here's how to do a Baltimore hot dog (although we pretty much eat ours with ketchup and/or mustard)

Rub the hot dog with old bay and add green peppers to the top.

Old Bay is much more Balmer than bologna. We put it on almost anything. Crabs, chips, fries, onion rings, soup, nachos, quesadillas, even margaritas. You can also get it in more places now. My relatives in SC can get it so they trap their own crabs and do steamed crabs down there. I saw on the menu at Fulton's Crab House at Disney Springs that they had MD-style crab cakes with Old Bay.

MOXOMUMD

I kept reading a lot of complains of rogue one.
Claiming that there are WAY TOO HUMANS and very little aliens (more like zero aliens?) .
I will see the trailer tonight to see if thats true.
I'm holding out hope for this movie. Not a big fan of the cast. I'm also not jumping on the Jyn-Rey bandwagon. Mathematically she would be pregnant around 50 (not saying it couldn't happen) but we'll have to wait and see.

Cesar R M

My poor apple tree. :( Woke to six inches of snow and more on the way. :grumpy: I hate lake effect snow. View attachment 137529
no apples for you this year I suppose?
also.. I remember reading 10 years ago, a special in a mexican science magazine.. that show a graph and how the months are "unsyncing" from the weather patterns.. cold weather extending later and hot weather extending up to december...
In short, the patterns are changing by "advancing" a few months.
They also said that it might trigger natural selection, by either forcing the pattern/mutation change on animals or them just plain becoming extinct.

They did show an example of a small moth. That used to be white in certain dates. Now most of them already converted to the new pattern. and the ones that failed, were easily eradicated by predators (as their colors did not match the new weather pattern)

MOXOMUMD

Hubby said that their may have been a rock or piece of wood with the beans, and that over heated, and caught fire because it was so hot. He has read about this on the internet. We are a very dry environment, so anything is possible. I will only cook these items in a pan with a lot of sauce in the future.
If there was a rock or wood in the beans, I'd be calling the manufacturer.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I like it. Where did your hubby find it?

He said he bought it online, I guess it came in the mail yesterday before I got home. I can ask him the site later if you'd like.

ohh man, classic rescue rangers. Miss that show!

Rescue Rangers was pretty awesome. I have a couple of the seasons on DVD, I might have to have a marathon one of these days.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

betty rose

My friend from Mexico taught me to chop half an onion and mix it with the beans, with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then you fry it. Simple and delicious, and it works with pretty much any kind of bean. If you are doing dried beans instead of canned, you have to soak them overnight, then boil them for an hour or 2 until you can stick a fork in them, then you take the beans with some of the water and add the onions, oil, etc.
I'm trying this, thanks for the recipe. That sounds so good!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom