The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Okay, the Baltimore one sounds disgusting, and having lived here my whole life, I cannot say that I've ever seen a hot dog served that way. Or really anything about Baltimore that could have inspired that hot dog.

If you're going to slap together a hot dog and say it's from Baltimore, at least put some old bay on it.

Don't see much Old Bay here. The places they list obviously mean nothing to me or the area of Baltimore with the bologna hot dogs but they may to you or not.

Baltimore delis of Lombard Street; Attman's, Weiss' and Lenny's and Pollock Johnny's of Lexington and Stuggy's, Miller's Deli.

MOXOMUMD

So, today, after over 17 years at my company, my position has apparently been eliminated. And it doesn't have anything to do with all the debauchery that I have posted on here. They are apparently building a new facility in LA that is very over budget and every department is being asked to cut. Well....I win. The cut anyway. Even though my boss told me I was bringing in the most money for the company, etc. It all makes no sense whatsoever.

Does anyone here know how severance packages work? I have never been fired from a job in my entire life, and I need some advice. Thanks in advance.
Wow that sucks dude. Chin up, it'll get better.

Goofyernmost

Same here then we're supposed to get 6 inches of snow by tomorrow afternoon. I could have sworn the calendar said April!
Sixteen years ago today my youngest Daughter got married. It was a beautiful sunny day with temperatures in the 70's. During the reception it suddenly started getting colder and by the time it was done, it was snowing quite heavily. The next morning they were supposed to fly out and take a Caribbean cruise in Miami. Sorry, but, the airport was closed due to the storm. We had over 10 inches of ice and snow. They got out the next day, but, we had to arrange for them to fly to the first port of call to meet the ship. What a nightmare. Is everyone starting to understand my militant stand against winter, snow, ice or any other thing related to winter in Vermont. Hence here I sit in No. Carolina, they are here as well.
They spent the second night of their honeymoon sleeping on an inflatable mattress on my living room floor. What a start. But, it's still holding, so all is well.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
TGIF!!!! It's been a rather disappointing week! My friend's dad died on Sunday. Not completely unexpected as he had been in the hospital and was not doing well, but it wasn't expected quite so soon, and she had a trip planned to go home in just a couple of weeks, so she didn't get to see him before he passed. And I found out yesterday that the friend I'm closest to here in the Netherlands is moving to Germany in a couple of months. Her husband works for a company that goes all over the world, so she's lived in many different places. She's from Sri Lanka and her husband met her when he was doing a project there. They spent a couple of years in Qatar, and her husband gets sent all over the place and sometimes, for shorter projects, the family doesn't get to go with him. So he was just in Mexico a few months ago and that project ended up being prolonged for several months. Anyway, he was just on a 2 week vacation and they went to Germany and found a house they loved in a place they've always wanted to live...so they bought the house that afternoon and they are leaving in 8 weeks. I'm going to miss her so much! But I'm happy for her that they are going for their dream, and it IS a beautiful area, from what I found when I looked it up. Lots of caves and castles and ruins...we'll go and visit sometimes. But it's 450 km away, so there won't be anymore birthday parties for the kids with them, or craft days, etc.
The good news is that today is the last day of the 3 week period my doctor told me I can't exercise. I hope my hip is better now...I will try something small on Monday. Tomorrow I am helping my choir director's other group with their English. They wrote their own song and are recording it tomorrow, so I'm going along for the English pronunciation. It's always fun.

Rough week alright! Pixie Dust.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My friend from Mexico taught me to chop half an onion and mix it with the beans, with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then you fry it. Simple and delicious, and it works with pretty much any kind of bean. If you are doing dried beans instead of canned, you have to soak them overnight, then boil them for an hour or 2 until you can stick a fork in them, then you take the beans with some of the water and add the onions, oil, etc.
I'm sometimes lazy I soak my beans and cook them in a crock pot:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom