The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

I installed it for my dad on his desktop last week. I haven't heard him complain about it, and when I asked him, he said, "It's fine" which could mean anything from just okay to the most wonderful thing he's ever experienced in his entire life. But no complaints so far, and he went from 7 to 10. I've used it since release, and although I was initially like Sheldon...

I came around. Some of the computers at school are running 8, and when I go to use them (one of my professors has a ridiculous rule that you have to use the school's computers while in his class; you have to use the school's), I'm kind of like:
View attachment 137395

Your teacher probably had heavy firewalled connection or controlled content to prevent students from wandering to facebook, social sites, sites..etc..
Also, he could be spying everything you do to see who is actually studying and those who just waste time in social sites :p

StarWarsGirl

Your teacher probably had heavy firewalled connection or controlled content to prevent students from wandering to facebook, social sites, **** sites..etc..
Also, he could be spying everything you do to see who is actually studying and those who just waste time in social sites :p
I've actually logged onto Facebook through the school computers. I've yet to figure out the professor's reasoning behind the rule.

Songbird76

I dont think either the corn chips or the beans were the issue.
The only way the microwave does sparks that could light up the cornchips or the paper is..
a) the power was too high and the time too long (aka the beans were way beyond boiling)
b) there was a metal piece or oil near the paper or the tortilla pieces.
I had an issue like that once with chips in a glass bowl...nothing metal at all. Same thing with a graham cracker like thing trying to make s'mores. I don't put those things in the microwave anymore.

Songbird76

Salsa with beans, on top of the chips. Hubby has cheese added on his. I wasn't cooking with cheese this time.
My friend from Mexico taught me to chop half an onion and mix it with the beans, with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then you fry it. Simple and delicious, and it works with pretty much any kind of bean. If you are doing dried beans instead of canned, you have to soak them overnight, then boil them for an hour or 2 until you can stick a fork in them, then you take the beans with some of the water and add the onions, oil, etc.

Songbird76

Lol you're correct. Yo soy caliente is sort of saying "I'm hot!" (as in sexy, hor ny..etc..)
The word for embarrassed is "Apenada" "Embochornada" and I pregnant es Embarazada.. so yeah lol. funny confusion!

as for the bus one.. I'm curious, what is the spanish version of that? Because there are multiple variants and noone related to really catching a bus (some are sexual indirects and others are related to bad luck)
The one our Mexican exchange student said was that you should say you want to go with the bus, not use the word "catch" (which I don't remember what the verb 'to catch" in Spanish anymore...that was about 25 years ago and I only had one year of Spanish) because to "catch" a bus meant to have sex with the bus.

Cesar R M

My friend from Mexico taught me to chop half an onion and mix it with the beans, with a little olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then you fry it. Simple and delicious, and it works with pretty much any kind of bean. If you are doing dried beans instead of canned, you have to soak them overnight, then boil them for an hour or 2 until you can stick a fork in them, then you take the beans with some of the water and add the onions, oil, etc.
That is the usual way to refry beans.
You just add garlic and one slice of onion in a very hot pan with oil.
make the garlic and onion slice brown a little, then add the beans.. mix thoroughly then smash them on the pot with one of these squishing cooking utensils.

Cesar R M

The one our Mexican exchange student said was that you should say you want to go with the bus, not use the word "catch" (which I don't remember what the verb 'to catch" in Spanish anymore...that was about 25 years ago and I only had one year of Spanish) because to "catch" a bus meant to have sex with the bus.
This one is baffling me.
Because a lot of things can be used for sexual innuendos (called Albures) in normal sentences.
And these vary from town to town or state by state.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Chicago Dog
vdog.jpg

First Portillo's in Villa Park Illinois
3cc8d14a3493e7c18dcba31e31fc6ebd.jpg

f0d35da4733c061d500853ffadea9030.jpg

This makes me hungry.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Morning Figgy! xoxo Aside from the stupid divorce stuff, things are going very well! I'm still seeing the guy I told you about earlier. It's been a month now and I have to say I haven't had this much fun in soooo long. My best friend and co-workers have commented that we're acting like a couple of teenagers. :p

I'm trying to ketchup somewhat but I hope you and everyone else on this thread are doing well! :inlove:

Hey @catmom! I'm glad to hear that things are going well with the new guy and that you are having fun! You deserve some fun. Any more news on your WDW trips or have you had to scrap those plans because of Mr. Donkey?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom