The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Okay, I just had the faux paux of the day. I put some black beans and corn chips in the microwave, (I've done this dozens of times) covered with a wet paper towel. It all caught fire. I was watching, so I turned off the microwave, immediately. I still have damage to the microwave walls. Hubby went to get KFC. It was crazy to watch. I'm just glad I was watching over the dinner. Which is no more!:eek::eek::eek:
That's crazy! I'm glad you caught it so quickly!

Figgy1

Premium Member
Thank you. I appreciate the support and good ideas. Most of this because of circumstances has to fall on me. Mom is 81 years old, she can't drive at night. She tires quickly and tends to tire quickly and goes from being agitated with my Dad to treating him and talking to him like he is 2 years old. It is her age and lack of coping skills. My Sis she lives in Ohio and owns a law firm. She took the first round #1 hospital run but being in a different state, court dates etc there is limits to what she can do. She has done all the legal stuff that needed to be done.

Today was better and worse. He was calmer and had better cognitive skills. Heart tests showing it is failing rapidly. But like I said the man is like a Slinky Dog, God only knows. *insert spinning eye smiley here*
Sympathy, prayers and pixie dust

Cesar R M

Oh my! Mr. Portillo isn't going to like this marketing. :rolleyes:

"In a recent promotional video, Portillo's details its usual lineup of hot dog condiments, which doesn't include ketchup (thank goodness). Then, all of a sudden, the video's narrator intones, "While ketchup doesn't come standard, we'll add it if you like." The horror. What are we? Animals?" -time out-

What the heck? :confused: Why mess with perfection?

image.jpg

time-out
I dont know why many americans have such hate towards ketchup or different condiments in the hotdogs XD

Figgy1

Premium Member
So, here are some pics from Wonderland Wives at Phoenix Theatre. Here is Snow (remember, this is after the characters get older):

View attachment 137364

And here is the Evil Queen:

View attachment 137365

And this one is a little PG-13 rated, so your spoiler alert begins now. All sensitive eyes must look away! ;)

Sexy spoiler in 10
Sexy spoiler!

View attachment 137366

And finally, the really cool set where all the shenanigans takes place.

View attachment 137367
Thank you for my morning giggle:joyfull:

Cesar R M

Came from January. :p

I don't remember the specific rules they taught us. I just have learned to hear when it sound right or wrong.

Another thing I don't understand is estar and ser. I understand the difference, but why do you need two verbs for "to be"?

Language is weird.
estar is to be as in place.
ser means as in being yourself.

Yo soy = I am (as in personal or pointing at yourself)
Yo estoy = I am (what you are right now)

Yo soy Buena persona = I am a good person
Yo estoy contento = I am happy (but also you can combine this better to create phrases such as Yo estoy siendo bueno. which is something like I am being a good Person )

Not to mention theres a lot of words that sound exactly the same but are written differently.. others that are written the same and sound similar but have completely different meanings.
like Cazar and Casar ( to hunt and to marry)

I'm not a spanish expert but yeah.
Spanish has way more very specific wording for certain things.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I've watched Bob Newhart since his first series. He's just a hoot and a half...!!! :joyfull: :)

Your comments just reminded me of something years ago--

My father was a huge fan of Bob Newhart, but even before his TV sitcoms. There's a link below to Wikipedia about his record album, "The Button Down Mind of Bob Newhart". My father used to play that album once in a while, and our whole family would have a laugh-fest over it!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Button-Down_Mind_of_Bob_Newhart

Songbird76

I actually have not. The rest are not too hard to come by. Congrats on BOG!! I am so jealous your guys are old enough to be left for a few hours so you can have some well deserved time on your own!! I can't wait to hear all about it. I have seen a few posts on sunshine sitting for staying off property. All great reviews just don't know if I could leave the kids with someone I don't know.
I hear you! We have the same issues. We're staying on property and they do have babysitting services at Disney, but it's really expensive, too. And since our kids aren't native English speakers, we don't feel right just leaving them with someone they might have problems communicating with. DD would probably be ok...she's getting more and more fluent all the time, but DS wouldn't do well. And we've never left them with a babysitter, ever. They've gone to friends' houses when we go somewhere for an hour, and they've stayed with my in-laws for several days, but they've never had a babysitter. The idea of leaving them with a stranger, and someone who doesn't understand them...it's terrifying! I'll wait a few more years to do date nights other than when they stay with Oma and Opa.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom