The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Okay, I just had the faux paux of the day. I put some black beans and corn chips in the microwave, (I've done this dozens of times) covered with a wet paper towel. It all caught fire. I was watching, so I turned off the microwave, immediately. I still have damage to the microwave walls. Hubby went to get KFC. It was crazy to watch. I'm just glad I was watching over the dinner. Which is no more!:eek::eek::eek:

betty rose

2.400 $ for maintenance fees. We go to art of animation in the fall for far less. But, we "need" a two bedroom to take the kids and grandkids. It was around 1,000$ when we bought in, 2007. And we got housekeeping each day, more perks. Now it's pretty much disappointing . We have made our original investment back. But there is no benefit anymore. We are getting out as soon as the kids want to move on. I like Disney, but I'm pretty jaded at this point. We were promised so much and it was taken away soon after we bought.
I need to clarify, we invested 30,000$ from an inheritance.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Okay, I just had the faux paux of the day. I put some black beans and corn chips in the microwave, (I've done this dozens of times) covered with a wet paper towel. It all caught fire. I was watching, so I turned off the microwave, immediately. I still have damage to the microwave walls. Hubby went to get KFC. It was crazy to watch. I'm just glad I was watching over the dinner. Which is no more!:eek::eek::eek:

How the heck did that catch on fire? You used a wet paper towel. I've done similar things but never had a fire.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

That is crazy that it caught on fire, was there a little bit of foil or something from the black bean can?

betty rose

How the heck did that catch on fire? You used a wet paper towel. I've done similar things but never had a fire.
Hubby said that their may have been a rock or piece of wood with the beans, and that over heated, and caught fire because it was so hot. He has read about this on the internet. We are a very dry environment, so anything is possible. I will only cook these items in a pan with a lot of sauce in the future.

betty rose

cause I live a few kms from from there? thats the area's marina.. very expensive houses only
the land is overpriced. A lot of areas are still undeveloped because of the ridiculous greedy prices lol
I understand , we once dreamed of living on a warm coast, but the prices were so high, we knew it was only a dream. Now with the hurricanes, and very high tides, we are glad that we didn't have to deal with this.

donaldtoo

And for us it is a generational thing. What I've learned has been taught to me by my kids. When I was in high school we had three, yes three computers available for student use and they used a tape similar to the antiquated Telex systems. My kids never knew life without a computer. It was never a foreign concept to them. It was a weird era for my kids as all things computer and digital they were leap years ahead of their elementary school teachers that were learning concepts their students had mastered as preschoolers. Can you say awkward.

I don't remember any computers for student use in HS. :cyclops: Doesn't mean they weren't there, just means I've slept since then. ;)
I learned a lot from the kiddos, but, also from workin' on computers daily at the office. A lot of learning, a lot of questions, some trial and error, and some happy accidents.
For the most part, I embrace tech. Ya' kinda' hafta' these days to remain relevant in the workaday world. Plus, it's kinda' cool, to me anyway. ;) :)

Goofyernmost

Hubby said that their may have been a rock or piece of wood with the beans, and that over heated, and caught fire because it was so hot. He has read about this on the internet. We are a very dry environment, so anything is possible. I will only cook these items in a pan with a lot of sauce in the future.
On the other hand, if there had been a "rock" or piece of wood in it, it is better that you had to throw it out then to break teeth or choke on a foreign something or other. So look at using the microwave as a stroke of luck.

EDIT: For those of you that were bewildered by a response that had nothing to do with the quote... I finally saw it and corrected it. Please don't have me put away.. I really am still, at least somewhat, sane.

Last edited:

betty rose

On the other hand, if there had been a "rock" or piece of wood in it, it is better that you had to throw it out then to break teeth or choke on a foreign something or other. So look at using the microwave as a stroke of luck.

EDIT: For those of you that were bewildered by a response that had nothing to do with the quote... I finally saw it and corrected it. Please don't have me put away.. I really am still, at least somewhat, sane.
Thanks, hubby said the same thing about breaking a tooth on a rock. I was just afraid of the fire.

betty rose

No, no good news.

Actually my Mom surfaced today while I went downstairs to update her and my sister. Makes it harder unfortunately.
You cant get a break lately. And I'm so sorry. I wish we could help you, as in spending time in the hospital with your Mom and Dad. Just know we are thinking about you and the family , until this gets resolved. Stay strong, as I know you can....and get rest too. I hope you can get away from this for the week-end. I hope, you will let your sister bear the burden. Even though sis and I didn't get along, we did take turns with the parents when they were sick, or passing.

betty rose

I just remember another strange one that I used to gross out my Grandson. We have a Chinese Buffet in town that has Pigs Ears. So I got one and proceed to eat it and dared him to do so (he didn't, what a coward). They don't have much flavor but consist of very chewy cartilage. That one got a better reaction then the Frogs legs did.

Pork is a big thing in North Carolina. There is a pork store not to far from here where you can buy, for food, any part of the pig. (internal and external) The first thing that greets you when you walk in is a display cooler that have pig faces (complete) for sale. I was going to ask how that was prepared but decided that I really didn't want to know.
Wow, just reading this grossed me out. :D:eek::hungover:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom