The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Well, I know that their staff knows how to PR and be pushy.
Disney is behind only Apple in embellishing their products and make attractive campaings.
But pretty sure that for 99.99% of the people, DVC now makes no sense now (huge costs, little returns, plus the constant cost cuts and staff cuts..)
Hence why the market for "timeshare" skyrocketed worldwide.
There is not a single resort I have visited that they havent invited me to some sort of timeshare "offer" that is similar to DVC (aka multiple properties that you can redeem your "points" or "days")
The cuts are disappointing our family. And the lack of cleaning, are making us come in and clean before we want to be there. It's such a rip off these days. I would advise no one to buy in. No reason to.

betty rose

More like they wanted to extend the building to another month to save costs? (Ie cost cuts on constructions = less crew = slower building/design/program) :hilarious:

Pretty sure this is why Disney always gives nebulous opening date figures.
They do not want people to cancel their visits for the "opportunity" to see something opening soon that then gets delayed.
Sneaky of Disney.

StarWarsGirl

Well, I'm glad that they have worked out well for you and your family. DVC is certainly not for everyone; yet I'm surprised at the number of people who find that DVC works for them. Disney would stop building them if they weren't making money off them.
It works for a specific demographic. If you're traveling at least twice a year and using your DVC, then yes, it makes sense. At this point, we're traveling four times a year, twice a year to WDW, and the other two usually to other DVC locations. We're saving on dining, APs, and merchandise. APs were only $550 a person this year, and we'll get 2 trips out of them. If you're going frequently, have a larger family, and/or prefer deluxe resorts it makes sense. My parents prefer it because their other thought was to get a vacation home, but the hassle of that made them go the route of a timeshare. We have friends who have also bought into DVC and are very pleased with it as well. Several families we know are going and pooling their points to get a Grand Villa in June. I also don't want or need maid service every day, and to me, washing sheets and towels unnecessarily is wasteful. It's fine with me not getting maid service every day. Doesn't make sense for everyone, but we've been very please with DVC over the years.

Although I will say the service at Aulani and Hilton Head tends to be better than at the WDW DVCs. Hilton Head is so small that the CMs get to know guests. There's one CM who works there who has known me since I was about 12 or 13. She knows my first name and what time of year I'm usually there. She switched from food service to Mousekeeping recently. She saw me and asked what room I was in. She brought a tin of cookies and packets of hot chocolate to our room. Then she found out that my aunt and her granddaughters were there and brought them a tin of cookies. The lifeguards tend to remember my brother because he's always in the pool and he just entertains himself there. They are so attentive there and so friendly. They put the WDW CMs to shame in some ways.

Cesar R M

Although I will say the service at Aulani and Hilton Head tends to be better than at the WDW DVCs. Hilton Head is so small that the CMs get to know guests. There's one CM who works there who has known me since I was about 12 or 13. She knows my first name and what time of year I'm usually there. She switched from food service to Mousekeeping recently. She saw me and asked what room I was in. She brought a tin of cookies and packets of hot chocolate to our room. Then she found out that my aunt and her granddaughters were there and brought them a tin of cookies. The lifeguards tend to remember my brother because he's always in the pool and he just entertains himself there. They are so attentive there and so friendly. They put the WDW CMs to shame in some ways.
Thats what I loved about DCL too.
How they get to know you and mold their service towards your tastes.

StarWarsGirl

I'm going to be patient. I have to be up by 3 tomorrow and fully functioning.:confused:
I have a long day here. I have class from 9:20 am to 8:50 pm. I get home at around 9:30 (9:00 if I'm lucky) after leaving at 8:45 am. When I get home, I'm usually exhausted, but not the type of exhausted where I want to go straight to bed. More like mentally exhausted. So I will watch Star Wars. :D Depending on how much homework I get done, I might stop working at 10 pm tomorrow (usually I stop at 11 because I'm useless after that time) and watch it again. As a reward for working hard.

3? Sometimes I don't go to bed until then...

StarWarsGirl

The bluray has the code for the "ultraviolet" service right?

also, I cant wait for the zootopia one to be released.
It's a digital code. The digital goes through Disney Movies Anywhere. You enter the code on their website (or your Disney Movie Rewards Account) then you connect your DMA account to another account to download the movie to your device (iTunes, Windows Store, Google Play, etc.).

UltraViolet is an independent service. I like the way DMA works better than UV honestly, having used both services.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom