The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

And if you ever need a potato dish in a hurry to go with Breakfast or your Dinner and have an Ikea near ya, these should be a staple in your freezer.

Gronsakskaka-or Vegetable cakes, which is mostly potato onion and butter. Tiny bits of broccoli more for color cause I can't taste it.
You pop them in the oven for about 20 minutes and they brown on the outside but stay moist inside. Heaven. 8 per box and under $5. They are flash frozen so you only need to take what you want from the box to bake and pop rest back in freezer. So freak'n good. :hungry: It was part of our dinner last night and left over, just as yummy micro'd the next day.
ikea-food-medallion.jpg

ikea-vegetable-medallions-01.JPG
Those look so yummy!

betty rose

Yet you look at how quickly the Grand Villa Building at the Grand Floridian went up. DVCs they can build. And those GF and Poly had to deal with open water issues and floodplains.

Did you look on the home page of this sight of the changes in concept drawings for the new Toy area of the Studio re-work? Already the coaster isn't quite what the first concept depicted. I like that he put the original concept and new together in the post so you can really see what the description is saying.
The "new" artist's rendering has disappointed me.

betty rose

I'm so fortunate to have done with my young then family the late 80s and 90s. Every year there were new things to do and experience. Everything was maintained to the old white glove standards.

I remember the first time we went down and the bushes at the resorts were kinda overgrown at Port Orleans Resort and noticing the paint on the wooden railings were dirty and chipped for the original Goofy coaster. I had never dealt with grimmy at Disney. I was also surprised that the sidewalks were not as clean as they had been kept...little did I know that was the start of the neglect along with the long gaps between new builds. I do love that we got to experience WDW at the height of expansions. Good Times.
We did too, I miss that time so much.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Oh Boy! I read the menu, preview for Tiffins at AK. I know what they are trying to do but Ouch the menu is totally slanted to those with an adventurism palate. Given Disney has reworked even the AK Kiosks this way it is going to be good news for places like RainForest and Flame that still offer good food with diverse menu fashion. IMO they are going a little heavy on the ethnic offerings in this park and forgetting a chunk of guests including adults and young kids don't do well with this. All you need is one family member per group that craves good 'normal' offerings and there is a problem for them. Likely why Cali Grill remains so popular.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
This is going to make some guests very disappointed though I am not surprised at all. RIVERS OF LIGHTS

From the Disney Parks Blog

While we’d hoped to debut these offerings on April 22, unfortunately, they will not open as planned on that date as we give the team more time to bring these innovative experiences to life in a way we know will exceed our guests’ expectations.

We’ll share more information about timing on the Disney Parks Blog by mid- to late May.

Songbird76

Coffee wasn't even finished brewing yet when I got a text message from my DD that she was standing on the Grass a few buildings away from her build. She was awake but rousted out of bed before tea time by someone laying on her door bell, looked out the window to see 8 fire trucks. Gas Leak. She was allowed to take her car which of course was coated in frost and headed home. She needed to be at a local high school for a presentation by 9:30am. So the professional became one that appeared to try to relate to the students as all she had here was jeans, t-shirts and hoodies. At least she looks their age lol.

She left and I took two Advil. :in pain:
Aw...better safe than sorry. Did they get it all patched up or is she still homeless?

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member
This is going to make some guests very disappointed though I am not surprised at all. RIVERS OF LIGHTS

While we’d hoped to debut these offerings on April 22, unfortunately, they will not open as planned on that date as we give the team more time to bring these innovative experiences to life in a way we know will exceed our guests’ expectations.

We’ll share more information about timing on the Disney Parks Blog by mid- to late May.
I'm shocked and appalled. :rolleyes: Well at least they figured that out 2 weeks before it was scheduled to open that they needed another month... ;)

Do they do their project schedules on napkins with crayons? o_O

Songbird76

Did anyone really expect them to be on schedule though? It's disappointing, but I'm betting they are shooting for Summer when attendance is high. Hope no one booked trips in the spring based on the announced date!

donaldtoo

While the floorplans are basically the same, I wouldn't necessarily call the DVC's cootie cutter. For one, even though the floor plan is about the same for every resort, especially in the studios, AKL has a different design than Aulani, Aulani is different than the newly renovated Beach Club, Beach Club is not like Hilton Head (although I think the flooring is similar, which actually isn't a bad thing), BLT is completely unique, even Poly and Aulani look nothing alike. They all have different theming and aspects to their design. The floor plans are also not exactly the same across the board. Aulani's two bedroom has a half bath that Hilton Head's lacks. Their kitchens are laid out differently. Hilton Head features large balconies with picnic tables, which no other DVC has. Poly defies the formula completely, with two showers (which, when you have four people in one room, is glorious). The placement of the DVCs can vary greatly. While many are just their own wing of the hotel, this isn't always the case. There are resorts which are entirely DVC units (Saratoga, Vero Beach, Hilton Head, OKW) and these quite often have very different layouts. BLT has its own building which is very different, not just from DVCs, but even from the Contemporary resort itself.

They follow a formula, but maintain their uniqueness. The design of each resort and the details in the rooms (and they are very detailed) definitely varies from resort to resort. Yes, the floorplans are basically the same, and you definitely see the similarities between the resorts (as you would for non DVC Disney resorts; they're built by the same company, so that happens) but I wouldn't go so far as to call them cookie-cutter. Especially certain ones, namely Aulani, Hilton Head, AKL, BLT, and Poly.

My point was not about whether or not the floor plans and building layouts may or may not be similar at DVC resorts. Even if they were, you can make them look like anything you want, as far as exterior elevation treatments go.
My point was that once they decide on floor plans and building arrangements, they just stack 'em on top of each other floor after floor, just like any other hotel. Should make for, in my mind anyway, a quicker and easier build than, say, a Splash Mountain where pretty much every square foot is something different.
That was all.

image.jpeg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
But how about my Cubbies? Great opening day for them. I'll take it while I can.

And the night before my BlackHawks seem to pull themselves out of their slump. Good game. Nice to see something good after one of our guys got tossed for 6 games for being stupid with his stick to another player's head. :cautious:

Congrats about the Cubs, but about the other......:cautious: well I will just forget you posted about that.;)

brb1006

I remember my mom told me back when she was a Senior during her High School years in the early 1970's. Her High School didn't want to take a class trip to Walt Disney World in 1973 of that year since she remembered there school reasoning was because "It wasn't educational" and they instead took a trip to a place that taught about witches and the history of witch hunting. A year after she graduated her cousin and the same High School went to Disney World a year later much to my mom's jealousy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom