The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

It really is that obvious. I started to really pay attention to all this when they put up Bay Lake Tower, which I still think is an eyesore next to the impressive Contemporary. But pretty much, I think that all the DVCs at WDW are unattractive. Part of the reason is that if they built these DVCs far enough away from the original resorts, I might not feel so negatively toward them. But when they construct these buildings, they take away open space, views, vegetation, etc., from the original resorts, and that's what bothers me the most.
honestly.. for me the worst eyesore are the pizza huts "shacks" of the poly.
They block the view from the hotel, they block the entire front area and the lake side. :/

Cesar R M

Well, I'm glad that they have worked out well for you and your family. DVC is certainly not for everyone; yet I'm surprised at the number of people who find that DVC works for them. Disney would stop building them if they weren't making money off them.
Well, I know that their staff knows how to PR and be pushy.
Disney is behind only Apple in embellishing their products and make attractive campaings.
But pretty sure that for 99.99% of the people, DVC now makes no sense now (huge costs, little returns, plus the constant cost cuts and staff cuts..)
Hence why the market for "timeshare" skyrocketed worldwide.
There is not a single resort I have visited that they havent invited me to some sort of timeshare "offer" that is similar to DVC (aka multiple properties that you can redeem your "points" or "days")

Cesar R M

This morning they had Iceland's president on saying that his wife's income was always reported for taxes, and it wasn't for lower taxes, etc. And in the Netherlands, they made sure to say that it's not illegal to have money invested elsewhere as long as you report it to tax authorities.
Meh... there will probably be "an investigation" in my country, then they all will get a wrist slap.
Ironically, our president was found to have a giant corruption scandal.. and the president hired a "palero" (aka beard sucker or groveling moron that does what the boss says as the head of the investigation) and he pretty much "cleared" his boss of any wrongdoing.

Cesar R M

Me this morning...
frozen-anna-cold-cold-cold.gif

Meanwhile.. in my hometown...
IMVFU2n.jpg

Cesar R M

Thanks. Knew you could lend some clarity. I've only been in a few. I knew OKW boasted some of the largest rooms in most categories, certainly a bang for the buck but certainly away from the action which I guess some owners like. I knew the Contemporary and Saratoga ran smaller. And then there is me, I know nothing about any off the DVC off WDW property. Now the moderate resorts been there for several decades, I can produce a pro-con list At Will. :joyfull:
As someone who visited OKW.. the place is definitively huge!
rooms are very spacious.. id say the secondary room of the 2 room villa, was 40% bigger than the default AKL single room.
Then you have the huge kitchen and lobby area, and the huge double bathroom for the main room...

Cesar R M

I'm shocked and appalled. :rolleyes: Well at least they figured that out 2 weeks before it was scheduled to open that they needed another month... ;)

Do they do their project schedules on napkins with crayons? o_O
More like they wanted to extend the building to another month to save costs? (Ie cost cuts on constructions = less crew = slower building/design/program) :hilarious:

sadly a lot of people did

Pretty sure this is why Disney always gives nebulous opening date figures.
They do not want people to cancel their visits for the "opportunity" to see something opening soon that then gets delayed.

StarWarsGirl

Thanks. Knew you could lend some clarity. I've only been in a few. I knew OKW boasted some of the largest rooms in most categories, certainly a bang for the buck but certainly away from the action which I guess some owners like. I knew the Contemporary and Saratoga ran smaller. And then there is me, I know nothing about any off the DVC off WDW property. Now the moderate resorts been there for several decades, I can produce a pro-con list At Will. :joyfull:
I've been to all of the DVCs except for Vero and Grand Floridian. Vero is a bit far for us to drive for a beach vacation; Hilton Head is lovely and closer, and we thought about GF, but it was hard to get into and much to frilly for our taste.

Some owners love OKW. We don't for the reason you stated: away from the action. We very much like being able to walk into a park or get there very quickly, hence why two of our home resorts are Epcot resorts. My parents bought into Boardwalk right after it opened in '98. It made sense; we were going twice a year at that point, the studios are perfect for a party of 3 (I was supposed to be an only child...whoops), and they liked the Epcot resort area.

I know it annoys non-owners that they keep building DVC units at these deluxe resorts, and I genuinely understand the irritation of the bungalows at Poly, but for us as DVC owners, we like the fact that we have a selection of resorts outside of our home ones. We generally don't stay at the non DVC resorts (why should we when we've already got DVC?) My parents after buying Boardwalk wished that they would build over at Beach Club...voila! Then we were hoping for Contemporary...wish granted. It means we can do split stays, own at multiple resorts, stay at non-homes every now and then, etc. It also means higher availibility, which is a definite plus. Of course, we do spend the majority of our vacations at our home resorts, but last trip we were able to go to AKL for a few nights, next trip we'll go to Poly for a few nights before heading to Beach Club. Which also furthers my point that, although they follow a formula, they are all unique. Besides, why change what works? Poly changed the formula by just having Studios and those insanely-priced bungalows...guess which resort has yet to sell out?

betty rose

Oh Boy! I read the menu, preview for Tiffins at AK. I know what they are trying to do but Ouch the menu is totally slanted to those with an adventurism palate. Given Disney has reworked even the AK Kiosks this way it is going to be good news for places like RainForest and Flame that still offer good food with diverse menu fashion. IMO they are going a little heavy on the ethnic offerings in this park and forgetting a chunk of guests including adults and young kids don't do well with this. All you need is one family member per group that craves good 'normal' offerings and there is a problem for them. Likely why Cali Grill remains so popular.
I don't like the menu and our daughter and family doesn't like the menu.

betty rose

This is going to make some guests very disappointed though I am not surprised at all. RIVERS OF LIGHTS

From the Disney Parks Blog

While we’d hoped to debut these offerings on April 22, unfortunately, they will not open as planned on that date as we give the team more time to bring these innovative experiences to life in a way we know will exceed our guests’ expectations.

We’ll share more information about timing on the Disney Parks Blog by mid- to late May.
I'm so sick of delays, delays and more delays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom