The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
For those heading to SeaWorld, TourPlans has posted the below photo.

Lemon Vanilla Swirl that apparently tastes like a lemon cookie! :hungry:

CfN2IO3W8AEyLyF.jpg

Sounds yummy! :hungry:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yup, snowing all day here. The roads were not in great shape. Hubby picked me up at the train station tonight and the car was sliding a few times on the way home. It's a miracle no other car was hit--it was slick out there, and I don't think they did a good job this time of pre-treating the roads. :mad: Idiots.

Sounds yucky, I'm glad that you got home safely!

donaldtoo

It does take Disney for freak'n forever to build anything in the parks these days. FLE and Avatar such good examples. Avatar announced in 2011 and should be coming in 2017? Can only imagine what timeframe there is for the Studios to be reworked.

I look at how things were accomplished in the 90's in Florida. Splash Mountain began construction in 1991 and finished and soft opened in 1992. That was a very elaborate attraction with so many detail, far from a simulator type attraction and up in under 2 years. They know how to do it well and timely when they choose to. It tries the patience of many a fan.

Yes, and considering it only took them about 3 years to build the entirety of EPCOT Center, at the time, the largest construction project on earth. And, that was 34 years ago...boggles the mind..... :confused:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Yes, and considering it only took them about 3 years to build the entirety of EPCOT Center, at the time, the largest construction project on earth. And, that was 34 years ago...boggles the mind..... :confused:

And don't forget, only one year to complete Disneyland. Disney used to be able to complete projects quickly and with "magical" results, I wonder what has changed.

donaldtoo

And don't forget, only one year to complete Disneyland. Disney used to be able to complete projects quickly and with "magical" results, I wonder what has changed.

Oh yes, I know. Although EPCOT Center was about 300 acres compared to DLs original 80.
Probably Walt kickin' tails, and then the spirit of Walt kickin' tails through the imagineers that he had inspired and continued on after his passing. Almost nobody left at TWDC that ever worked with Walt, if any, except a few retired Imagineers like X. Atencio, Bob Gurr, Marty Sklar, etc.
Also, DL didn't exactly have a stellar opening, but, the effort and heart were there, and they darn sure made sure it became all it was meant to be in pretty short order.
Different times. In this case, not for the better, IMO.

donaldtoo

Good grief, it has been painful posting here from the store computer, again. Don't know what's up, but, been that way the last several times. Been cutting my posts short.
Normally, I just start posting from my phone, but, I forgot my charger at home this morning, and it's below 10%.
OK gang, I'm out...
Hope to catch y'all from the casa in a bit...!
Laterrrrrrr...!!! :)

littleroo

Good grief, it has been painful posting here from the store computer, again. Don't know what's up, but, been that way the last several times. Been cutting my posts short.
Normally, I just start posting from my phone, but, I forgot my charger at home this morning, and it's below 10%.
OK gang, I'm out...
Hope to catch y'all from the casa in a bit...!
Laterrrrrrr...!!! :)
lol I thought it was me!

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

Yet you look at how quickly the Grand Villa Building at the Grand Floridian went up. DVCs they can build. And those GF and Poly had to deal with open water issues and floodplains.

Did you look on the home page of this sight of the changes in concept drawings for the new Toy area of the Studio re-work? Already the coaster isn't quite what the first concept depicted. I like that he put the original concept and new together in the post so you can really see what the description is saying.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom