The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

Makes you wonder how much cranberry juice vs how much beer is required. I know the cherry juice concentrate for gout is lower than the two beers for stones. That stuff is nasty.

Still neither is as nasty as gout or kidney stones.

All I know is, since I've been takin' the cherry extract again (although, I only take it when I feel the first sign of symptoms) I haven't had a major gout attack in months. But, believe me, I'll let you all know if I do. I'm a tough ol' b'stard, but, that stuff is definitely some painful ****...! :in pain:

StarWarsGirl

I had people get upset with me because we didn't want to know the gender of our babies...we wanted to be surprised when they were born. Apparently that's not done anymore and people almost feel entitled to know. And then they think that if they threaten not to get you a gift if they don't know which gender they are buying for, you'll give in. If you don't want to buy a gift, then don't...I didn't get pregnant for the presents! And they don't do baby showers over here at all and a friend of mine from Guatemala actually called me and asked me to host a shower for her, at her house, with this food and that food and these games...she had planned the shower herself but you're not supposed to throw a shower for yourself, so she wanted ME to do it. I tell ya...times are definitely a-changin'.
People are rude...and petty.

When I graduated high school, we talked about all the traditional stuff and what we were and were not going to do. My dad and I both felt that sending out graduation announcements was like asking for presents and decided we didn't want to send out announcements. Most people were pretty okay with that...but there were a few who definitely were not.

Now that I'm graduating again, people have been asking about a party. I've decided that we're doing a family-only thing and a wine night with some of my girl friends. Most people are perfectly okay with this, but there have been a few people who have made disparaging remarks about me not having a huge party...I really don't like being the center of attention and don't want a huge party, and they all should have known this from my attitude three years ago...but people are weird. In the case of birthdays, graduations, weddings, babies, etc., people need to realize that it's really not about them and respect the wished of the person who it actually is about

FutureCEO

Apparently today is @Mr Ferret 88 day to celebrate. Though in his case, it's April 3rd already.

National%2BFerret%2BDay.jpg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

When I graduated high school, we talked about all the traditional stuff and what we were and were not going to do. My dad and I both felt that sending out graduation announcements was like asking for presents and decided we didn't want to send out announcements. Most people were pretty okay with that...but there were a few who definitely were not.

Now that I'm graduating again, people have been asking about a party. I've decided that we're doing a family-only thing and a wine night with some of my girl friends. Most people are perfectly okay with this, but there have been a few people who have made disparaging remarks about me not having a huge party...I really don't like being the center of attention and don't want a huge party, and they all should have known this from my attitude three years ago...but people are weird. In the case of birthdays, graduations, weddings, babies, etc., people need to realize that it's really not about them and respect the wished of the person who it actually is about

My now sister-in-law got all bent out of shape when hubby and I were planning our wedding and she found out her little angels were not going to be our ring bearer and flower girl. We didn't want any kids in our wedding and she couldn't understand, she kept saying it would be their only chance in life. We just kept saying no kids in the wedding party. I'm actually proud that hubby stood up to her.

We didn't give any explanation to her we just said no. It was our wedding. And honestly I'd seen a lot of weddings where kids misbehave and steal the show, and it was my (and hubby's) show. I'm pretty sure her kids aren't damaged because they couldn't be in our wedding.

Oh and side note, she also admitted she didn't really like me at first because I had the same first name as her, and she didn't want me stealing her name.:confused: Yeah I'm pretty sure my parents had a crystal ball when they named me and looked into the future to see how they could tick off my future sister in law...,,they picked that instead of looking up lottery numbers.;) People are so weird sometimes.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I had people get upset with me because we didn't want to know the gender of our babies...we wanted to be surprised when they were born. Apparently that's not done anymore and people almost feel entitled to know. And then they think that if they threaten not to get you a gift if they don't know which gender they are buying for, you'll give in. If you don't want to buy a gift, then don't...I didn't get pregnant for the presents! And they don't do baby showers over here at all and a friend of mine from Guatemala actually called me and asked me to host a shower for her, at her house, with this food and that food and these games...she had planned the shower herself but you're not supposed to throw a shower for yourself, so she wanted ME to do it. I tell ya...times are definitely a-changin'.

My Doc's knew but we didn't know until they were born. All this hoopla wasn't' mainstream though back when I had my kids. I guess the ones I really understand all the hoopla with is the couples that struggle to create a family and all the pain and anguish they go through to have a child. The rest of it to me anyhow is the circle of life, now on steroids.

Gabe1

I'm off to a baby shower today. I had to scratch my head when I got the invite. "Black tie". :confused: Really? So when I RSVP'd I was reminded it's a "black tie formal". o_O Unless I'm getting a corsage, steak dinner and lucky later (all three not happening tonight) I won't be wearing a ball gown. :joyfull::hilarious::joyfull::hilarious: Have a great Saturday everybody!

Well how did that all go today? :confused:

Gabe1

Well I spent dinner and the evening with my Dad. I could use a sedative about now. Or a glass of wine or two. He certainly is stronger but boy is he out there. Having a hard time differentiating the blah blah blah from his normal difficult self. I'm actually beginning to think he might be better when we are not around. When we are there he is very demanding and bossing ordering me around and demanding things every minute something else. They have him on meds to keep fluids from building in his lungs...I gave him some kleenex to deal with all that. He used them correctly. Then when he wanted me to do something that wasn't allowed and I said I couldn't do that he took the icky kleenex looked me straight in the face and threw it at me. :(

Gabe1

Can we trade? we're getting toasty weather around here D:

Certainly! This was a bizarre day weather wise. I can't ever remember a day like today. Strong winds where you'd think the Christmas trees were going to be uprooted. In excess of 50 mph. Every 20 minutes or so from dawn to dusk it was a blizzard and then the sun would come out. And repeat and repeat and repeat until dark. With the winds so strong it blew in and out the snow so quickly. Even the Pup was confused outside. No Puppy walk today.

Gabe1

That's what I'd do too. One year, I must have been about 8...it was before we got our dog and I was 9 or 10 then....we had gone to the schoolgrounds to play on a weekend or holiday and a dog followed us home. Just a little bit of a thing like a yorkie, but not. She didn't have tags and we didn't know who she belonged to, but the weather got really bad and we ended up getting a blizzard, so we kept the dog for a few days. When the snow died down and we could get out of our house again, we spread the word and it turned out the dog belonged to the neighbors that my mom babysat for. She was so sweet...she just followed us home because we went in the same direction as her house.

Awe how sweet.

I had Walt out on a walk one day and another yellow lab female came out of nowhere and followed us home. I didn't know her but she looked so sad, she was even older than Walt. She had tags but nobody answered. I tried to take her home but nobody was there. Found out much later that they were out there looking for her. She was sad but I could tell she was happy to be with us, trusting we were looking out for her. She was so happy to climb in much later into her owners truck and boy was he a happy man to have his pup back.

I had a schnauzer also turn up on my driveway equally as lost. Also with tags without an answer. Police contacted me back. A man younger than me with a younger son at home told not to answer phone, man with a critically ill wife in hospital. I assured him she was well and resting fine and I would take care of her and he should do so for his wife. Sometimes these pups are sad and lost but genuinely know someone is looking out for them when separated from their families.

While the lab is now gone to old age I still see the man on occasion walking the schnauzer. The pup knows me when she walks by my home, her safe house and wags that little stub of a tail. His wife had passed on sadly but he and the pup seem to still have a special bond. It is kinda nice to be known as the 'safe house' for the little guys. They were many more I have rescued over the years but these two kinda stick out as special pups with special owners.

Gabe1

You said they disappear at visiting hour....can you show up during a non-visiting time to see the caseworker? Just show up an hour before visiting time and ask to see the caseworker and let them know you'll wait until they are available. Sometimes they just need to know you can't be gotten rid of so easily. As long as you aren't making a disturbance or anything, they have no grounds to throw you out.

I never had a good feeling about this transfer. I yielded to my Sis' and Moms decision. This is a Catholic Hospital conglomerate. Even on the campus it is located it has many separate buildings. There are several like campuses within a 30 mile radius. The case worker goes between them all. Very cagey to even track her down. I doubt she even would know my Dad as an individual, just a case to move along. He was moved out of a local to him Catholic hospital conglomerate to a completely different one. It didn't sit well with me but I was being overruled so I backed off. My gut seems to be right. My hope is I will be in on the meeting when they go to move him again. He has been here a little over a week and I rarely see any staff I've seen before. I'm so not a fan. And then on the flip side I see the same difficult, bossy, demanding man poking his self indulgent self into his care. I see both sides of the frustration. I know there are cognitive issues with him and I can also read his eyes when I know he is having clear methodology poking though and certain he is quite aware at times. Me, I attribute much of the in and out to oxygen levels the hospital seems very sloppy about. The ying yang.

Figgy1

Premium Member
The social worker was so nice. The counselor was a nut job and the case worker I flat out don't trust, The caseworker just seems to be shipping them out as they come through the door. My Dad has had 3 major surgeries in the last 10 years so it isn't like I'm not familiar with the good and bad of each. I have to deal with the caseworker, the counselor I politely told her to go away. I didn't want to be polite. I think abrupt would have likely resulted in her getting it.
Sympathy like. Is the hospital big enough you can request a change in staff?

Songbird76

I didn't do a party for my college graduation at all. I spent the day visiting all my friends who graduated and I was going to miss. We did have a party when I graduated high school, but it was my mom's friends who came to say congratulations, not really a big bash. They had a grad night party in the next town over to get kids to party in a safe way instead of going out drinking. It was awesome. They had games, a gyroscope, an lottery, door prizes, food, movies....tons of stuff. One of the prizes was a car! It was really amazing and almost everyone went there. No party at home needed.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My boys are weird. I've been trying to go see Zootopia since it came out without any luck.:(:(:( I love my boys but sometimes I just don't understand them at all because they went to my calendar and penciled in time for the Ratchet and Clank movie.:cautious::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead: you'd think doing the pre order of the game would be enough:banghead: Guess who's going to have to pre order Zootopia.:) Me and it's going to be Blu Ray! BTW there had better be a glass slipper under my Christmas tree or there are going to be 2 very hungry boys around here

Figgy1

Premium Member
Yea! I just found a few coupons for today's shopping! 30% off all nonsale items at the fabric store YEA! I need a tube turner and that's the first thing going in my cart:D I also have 40% off a single item. I hope the wind dies down a bit before I head out shopping! Seeing it's going to be cold for the next week I might as well get a few projects done. because once the weather breaks for good I plan on spending a good deal of time outside:joyfull:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom