The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Very nice! :)
We only ever saw Residential Street once on the BLT on our first family trip in July of '01. It was cool, and we all loved it. It was gone by our next trip in July of '04. :(
DWifey and I were fortunate enough to see the Osborne lights during our Dec. of '08 20th anni. trip...fabulous...!!! :joyfull: :)

Both were amazing, I just favored the original. It was nice because it was a walking tour and wound throughout the street area ending near the outside city park area near where the building that housed the steamroller was. It had an awesome nativity in the park-ish area. We walked it the first time on Christmas Eve and then headed to Dinner at Chef Mickey's. Their Christmas dinner was freak'n amazing back then. It was food heaven Christmas Eve and Day. We hit CM Dinner, Christmas morning my Sis and her Hubby met us at Ohana's and then to Ft Wilderness from our Day at Epcot for the Hoop show and my DS was picked to be onstage as a Reindeer. So maybe the fond memories of that Christmas are making me favor the Original Osborne.

Gabe1

Jacksonville Sheriff's Office

Meet Officer Larry Taylor! He JUST got his very own police car, he is a brand new police officer with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. This morning he got a very unexpected visitor when he was on a call in Zone 4. A dog ran and jumped right in when the door was opened and she made herself all comfortable in his passenger seat. Her owner was located, came and was able to get her out. That is after she spent some time with Officer Taylor writing a police report.

12715640_10153403046087896_1229810971754226993_n.jpg

This was a non-aggressive dog looking for a friend. Officer Taylor was able to be that friend while she was hanging out in his car. She was very relaxed and loving every minute of it.

MOXOMUMD

Meet Officer Larry Taylor! He JUST got his very own police car, he is a brand new police officer with the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office. This morning he got a very unexpected visitor when he was on a call in Zone 4. A dog ran and jumped right in when the door was opened and she made herself all comfortable in his passenger seat. Her owner was located, came and was able to get her out. That is after she spent some time with Officer Taylor writing a police report.

This was a non-aggressive dog looking for a friend. Officer Taylor was able to be that friend while she was hanging out in his car. She was very relaxed and loving every minute of it.
I wonder if he was writing a report for the dog being loose. It looks like a pit mix.

MOXOMUMD

Hmmm...
My post in no way had anything to do with the merits of earning a college degree vs. not doing so. I was just clarifying, for any that didn't already know, that I never got one, so therefore I have no experience with college group projects. Nor did it have anything to do with company/employee relationships as they exist now vs. back in the day, or the changes in certifications. Plus, I've already stated here before that the chances of anyone achieving what I have without a college degree (I had three hours a day of vocational drafting and design class for 2 years in HS) these days is next to zero.
My post was simply an agreement with (what was my understanding, anyway) the second paragraph of yours...if a person is not hard working, competent, accountable, etc., and doesn't play well with others, they're gonna' have a rough time in the real workaday business world. That was all.
I think it's awesome you got to where you are with the education you had. There's a big push for the vocational schools here locally. My nephew went for law enforcement then when he joined the Air Force he had a step up on everyone in his rank.

Gabe1

Home. I have the option to go (friends have season tickets) but it depends on the weather. :cold:
If ya go wave Hi! to my BIL, they have season tickets too. When I was there last June my niece and BIL actually rode their bikes to the stadium. It isn't overly close but they said with all the highway construction, parking/traffic jams around the stadium they can ride their bikes much quicker.

MOXOMUMD

I'm off to a baby shower today. I had to scratch my head when I got the invite. "Black tie". :confused: Really? So when I RSVP'd I was reminded it's a "black tie formal". o_O Unless I'm getting a corsage, steak dinner and lucky later (all three not happening tonight) I won't be wearing a ball gown. :joyfull::hilarious::joyfull::hilarious: Have a great Saturday everybody!

Gabe1

I think it's awesome you got to where you are with the education you had. There's a big push for the vocational schools here locally. My nephew went for law enforcement then when he joined the Air Force he had a step up on everyone in his rank.

That is cool he went from being law enforcement and then into the service. It is usually the other way around. Many of our officers are former Marines.

I have not seen (doesn't mean they are not around) a vocational school for law enforcement. I've seen some of my kids friends go through either a bachelor's program at a university or an associate's degree at our community college and then that feeds into Northern Illinois Law Enforcement program. Actually the application here doesn't require a degree or a certificate.They don't ever make the list for hire here but they can still apply. My neighbors kid joined the Marines and earned his degree while in the service. He is almost done with I think is a 10 years but when he leaves the service as a medic he plans on becoming an EMT. He's seen a great deal with a couple of tours in the Mid-East.

Many ways of getting ya where you want to go.

Gabe1

I wonder if he was writing a report for the dog being loose. It looks like a pit mix.

It is a pit. The officer commented on how sweet she was too. I believe the police report was for her.

I have had my fair share of lost dogs here. Sometimes I wonder if they just track to a home where there are fellow canines. I let them in the gate, look for a tag if they will let me or if they have one. If they don't I call the sheriff's office and the nearest Vet Office incase their people call but I tend to keep them until someone shows up for them.

Our officers write a ticket to claim them and then there is a fine for loose dogs. If they get transferred from the kennel at the station to the Vets office there is the charges from the Police and then boarding charges from the Vet and the Vet often gives them shots not knowing if they are up to date. It can cost people hundreds of dollars if their dog gets lost. So if they are nice enough I just keep them until their people are found.

Songbird76

I came into my classroom today and saw two giggling 7th grade girls behind my desk. I was pretty sure they were doing something for April Fool's day....so as I walked to my desk they start giggling more and then tell me they pulled a April Fool's prank on me. So I look at my desk and I don't see anything out of place and about 15 seconds after that tell me they pranked me they tell me what it was! They had put tape on the sensor of my mouse so it wouldn't move and let me click on anything. It actually was a good prank, but it would have been better if they hadn't spilled the beans right away.:rolleyes::)
We turned our math teacher's classroom around once...turned his desk around and put everything back where it was before so it looked the same but when he tried to sit down, his knees hit the back of the desk. I think we might have also moved posters from one side of the room to the other, but I don't remember if we actually did that or we ran out of time. I know I locked my German teacher's desk with a paperclip once....or tried to, but he caught me and laughed and told me I was evil. He was an awesome teacher. And there was one teacher who was a bit OCD...all his chairs had to be the same color. So for April Fools, some of the other teachers switched out a bunch of chairs so they were all different colors. Fun stuff. You must be one of their favorite teachers if they pranked you. We only ever did stuff to teachers we liked.

Gabe1

Thanks at least the sun is out right now. But it is so windy that I don't think a walk is in mine or the dog's future.

This is one strange storm we are having. About every twenty minutes we are going from Sun to Blinding Blizzard snow storms. When I let Walt back in I couldn't see across the road and the snow chunks falling were going sideways in the wind gusts. By the radar this pattern is going to keep on going for hours yet. Weird.

Now I need to go in the back garden and see what the daffodils are doing. I haven't noticed if they were up or not. Some of the tulips are and the crocuses are.

donaldtoo

Thanks! :)
And, cool for him!
But, as I said, at least in my career anyway, chances are pretty slim these days getting where I am without a 4 year architectural degree. As far as I know, I'm the only one out of the 22 at the firm without a college degree.
Way back in the day, my HS was also the area vocational HS. Everything from auto shop to hospitality to drafting and design.
I took drafting for 3 hrs. a day every morning (there were 2 classes per day) my junior and senior year. We were allowed to have drinks (soft drinks, coffee, etc. ;)), food, and music in a "working environment" type class.
Many of the people I knew from drafting class went on to become very successful without ever earning a college degree. At least 2 are developers, 1 a home builder, 3 own their own firms (they got their architectural licenses by being grandfathered in - as far as I know that's not allowed anymore, at least in Texas), and like me, others work for firms.
It's kinda' funny sometimes, the look I get from young new hires at the office when they ask where I went to college and I reply "I didn't." ;)

Songbird76

I'm honestly not sure and not sure about a lot of things. As I said last week I backed off on my Mom and Sis's decision to send my Dad to this particular hospital. I'm comfortable with the care the 'worker bee's' are giving my Dad from the little I can see. It is the Doc's and Case workers I'm not thrilled with. The hospital ward has a tiny window of visitor hours, Doc's and Case Workers disappear during those hours. I'm not happy with the case worker that seems to be actively thwarting my Sis and Me from being added to medical info about my Dad, those privacy laws cause she can slip so much by my 81 year old Mom. I am kinda DONE after last night and today. Tomorrow hopefully I can find someone to have a CONVERSATION with tomorrow. As way of explanation, I have the power to invoke the DNR but I do not have permission to know the medical reasons to make that call. What the heck!
Sympathy like. Do you not have the hippa code or whatever it's called? When my dad was in the hospital, they could only give you information if you had the HIPPA code, and only the patient could give you that. My dad had told them to give it to me, but not to my brother, so any info my brother got had to come from me or my dad. But that was HIS decision, not the doctors/nurses. If you have that code, I think they HAVE to give you the information.

Songbird76

Aw how sweet. She must love to ride in the car.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom