The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Did they give you any indication whether or not that was a hopeful sign? I mean, it SOUNDS like progress, but I'm not a doctor, so I have no idea.

I'm honestly not sure and not sure about a lot of things. As I said last week I backed off on my Mom and Sis's decision to send my Dad to this particular hospital. I'm comfortable with the care the 'worker bee's' are giving my Dad from the little I can see. It is the Doc's and Case workers I'm not thrilled with. The hospital ward has a tiny window of visitor hours, Doc's and Case Workers disappear during those hours. I'm not happy with the case worker that seems to be actively thwarting my Sis and Me from being added to medical info about my Dad, those privacy laws cause she can slip so much by my 81 year old Mom. I am kinda DONE after last night and today. Tomorrow hopefully I can find someone to have a CONVERSATION with tomorrow. As way of explanation, I have the power to invoke the DNR but I do not have permission to know the medical reasons to make that call. What the heck!

Gabe1

I am so done with April Fools day. :grumpy:

I actually fell for a few things on the news this morning first thing. Lack of caffeine. They were cute. I would have likely believed @Mr Ferret 88 which was well played, but when I am so far behind I start on the newest page most times and work backwards so I saw the spoilers before the original post.

Gabe1

Took the day off today.
Just got back from DWifeys favorite aunts funeral. She was a special lady.
Wasn't able to go to the viewing last night 'cause I worked a little late. DWifey was able to take yesterday off as well as today, so her and youngest DD made the trek to Houston and back to bring MIL (aunts younger sis) here for the viewing and service. Fortunately, one of DWifeys cousins also lives in the Houston area and was able to take MIL back this evening.
We were at aunts church in downtown Austin at 10a for viewing, then church service at 11a, and then a reception (finger sandwiches, fruit, cookies) in the church hall.
Then to the graveside service in her hometown 45 mins. northeast of Austin, and another reception (BBQ, beer, wine) at the country club.
A lot of tears, laughter, and reminiscing.
A wonderful sendoff for a wonderful lady.

Hugs to DWifey and family. So sorry. Good life it seems.

It is interesting to see the very different customs from different regions within our own country. I see the same thing with Weddings. Dramatic differences.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Took the day off today.
Wasn't able to go to the viewing last night 'cause I worked a little late. DWifey was able to take yesterday off as well as today, so her and youngest DD made the trek to Houston and back to bring MIL (aunts younger sis) here for the viewing and service. Fortunately, one of DWifeys cousins also lives in the Houston area and was able to take MIL back this evening.
We were at aunts church in downtown Austin at 10a for viewing, then church service at 11a, and then a reception (finger sandwiches, fruit, cookies) in the church hall.
Then to the graveside service in her hometown 45 mins. northeast of Austin, and another reception (BBQ, beer, wine) at the country club.
I'm so sorry for your loss.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm honestly not sure and not sure about a lot of things. As I said last week I backed off on my Mom and Sis's decision to send my Dad to this particular hospital. I'm comfortable with the care the 'worker bee's' are giving my Dad from the little I can see. It is the Doc's and Case workers I'm not thrilled with. The hospital ward has a tiny window of visitor hours, Doc's and Case Workers disappear during those hours. I'm not happy with the case worker that seems to be actively thwarting my Sis and Me from being added to medical info about my Dad, those privacy laws cause she can slip so much by my 81 year old Mom. I am kinda DONE after last night and today. Tomorrow hopefully I can find someone to have a CONVERSATION with tomorrow. As way of explanation, I have the power to invoke the DNR but I do not have permission to know the medical reasons to make that call. What the heck!
Sympathy like. Does your family have a social worker or a case manager that can help you? Pixie dust for all involved

MinnieM123

Premium Member

It's all so frustrating. Unfortunately, there is no manual available to help you figure out all these intricate and emotional decisions, on behalf of your father. I know the feeling--been there twice in the past. I can only pray for the best for you and your family, and peace for all.

MOXOMUMD

Took the day off today.
Best wishes to DW. It's sounds like a joyous day though.

betty rose

Took the day off today.
Sympathy to you and the family, especially to DWifey.

betty rose

Walt has quite the vocabulary. He even knows if we are walking the neighborhood or going into the woods via the truck. If I say woods he goes to the garage. His favorite words, my sons name, Grandma and lately even my DD however Ice Cream trumps just about any other word. Sadly he doesn't respond to the word Squirrel like my Golden's did, they went out for the hunt. Still Bunny means Walt will half heartedly at best, will in slow-mo follow her around the back property and she will half heartedly keep a safe distance from him. Like they both know there should be an instinct there for a chase but neither of them seem to want to be bothered with it. Shows you animals do evolve. He really is a character.
Thanks for the story's about Walt. I love hearing about everyone's animals . Sorry your dad is not better. I hope they can find out what is going on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom