The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

littleroo

Thank you so much.
Although, obviously, very sad, it was also actually quite an inspiring celebration of her life. We had some very good conversation and "ketchup" ;) with all attending, as well as good conversation on the car ride home. She was truly a beautiful person. :happy:
May all of our lives be filled with ketchup!!!!! Cheers to you and your family!!!!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
l

Thanks. Dad was actually a bit better yesterday, (still so not good) I think because of a med change. I managed to go through a hour and half span last night where he only screamed at me 3x's and only told me to shut the **** up once. :eek::oops::rolleyes::jawdrop::banghead:

The support and nursing staff yesterday said he was actually pretty good yesterday and held a few very normal conversations. One asked me if he actually did run the Boston Marathon? Which he did, for the first time after he was 65. The whole dang thing is very perplexing. :cyclops:

I really hate when I misplace my Pup.

Worse when I finally locate him and he has his eyes open and obviously hearing me and then I get that 'what' look from his eyes.
Make a freak'n noise dude. I swear he was a pre-teen in his previous life. :rolleyes:

Hope your dad is doing better, I'm sure it is frustrating. Hang in there, I'm praying for the best for you and your family.

Kind of funny about your pup though. Mine doesn't always want to get up in the morning, we think she is a lazy teenager. My funny thing of the day with her is, I put on my shoes that I normally wear when I take her for walks and wore them to work today. Well, she did not like that. She thought we were going for a walk, and barked at me and I could hear her howling when I was getting into my car in the garage! She was not happy that the walking shoes were not taking her for a walk! After work I took her for a walk, she is happy now.

StarWarsGirl

12809717_559916022956_4505347151747080150_n.jpg

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Last year's Netflix joke was pretty good. If you watched more than two episodes of a show in a row, it would play a video that would tell you to do your homework, call your mother, take a shower, go to sleep, etc.

This year, I really haven't seen anything good online jokes wise. Except for an article on another Disney site claiming all the rides in DHS are closing Sunday in an announcement made by "Buzz Abrams". :rolleyes:

I came into my classroom today and saw two giggling 7th grade girls behind my desk. I was pretty sure they were doing something for April Fool's day....so as I walked to my desk they start giggling more and then tell me they pulled a April Fool's prank on me. So I look at my desk and I don't see anything out of place and about 15 seconds after that tell me they pranked me they tell me what it was! They had put tape on the sensor of my mouse so it wouldn't move and let me click on anything. It actually was a good prank, but it would have been better if they hadn't spilled the beans right away.:rolleyes::)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Hope your dad is doing better, I'm sure it is frustrating. Hang in there, I'm praying for the best for you and your family.

Kind of funny about your pup though. Mine doesn't always want to get up in the morning, we think she is a lazy teenager. My funny thing of the day with her is, I put on my shoes that I normally wear when I take her for walks and wore them to work today. Well, she did not like that. She thought we were going for a walk, and barked at me and I could hear her howling when I was getting into my car in the garage! She was not happy that the walking shoes were not taking her for a walk! After work I took her for a walk, she is happy now.

Oh My she is just like Walt. Walt's window faces the front of the house, low to floor, perfect for him. It is pathetic to see him sadly look out the window as I back out of the driveway if he thought he was going too or if I've thrown a suitcase into the car. He got that way when my kids were in college too, he knew what those suitcases meant. Kinda breaks your heart.

And thank you for the well wishes for my Dad and our family. Stressful doesn't seem to cover it.

Gabe1

I came into my classroom today and saw two giggling 7th grade girls behind my desk. I was pretty sure they were doing something for April Fool's day....so as I walked to my desk they start giggling more and then tell me they pulled a April Fool's prank on me. So I look at my desk and I don't see anything out of place and about 15 seconds after that tell me they pranked me they tell me what it was! They had put tape on the sensor of my mouse so it wouldn't move and let me click on anything. It actually was a good prank, but it would have been better if they hadn't spilled the beans right away.:rolleyes::)

Clever. Just that they couldn't hold it in shows they are pretty good kids. I had a traveling vet here on April 1st one year. When I was out of the kitchen to grab something the vet rubberbanded the sprayer for the kitchen sink to spray. He told my son to say one of the dogs had pee'd and could he have a wet paper towel. (should have been my first hint, manchild would have never volunteered to clean that up) So I turn on the facet and get soaked. Vet and my DS just a laugh'n.

My DD's boss took today off. She hates April Fools Day that much. She told her staff that she was going to hunker down with her two preschoolers and make a day of it at home.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Oh My she is just like Walt. Walt's window faces the front of the house, low to floor, perfect for him. It is pathetic to see him sadly look out the window as I back out of the driveway if he thought he was going too or if I've thrown a suitcase into the car. He got that way when my kids were in college too, he knew what those suitcases meant. Kinda breaks your heart.

And thank you for the well wishes for my Dad and our family. Stressful doesn't seem to cover it.

Pups really do know a lot of stuff. It does break my heart when I hear her howl, then I know she is really upset. She also gets upset when she sees the suitcases. Smart pups.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Clever. Just that they couldn't hold it in shows they are pretty good kids. I had a traveling vet here on April 1st one year. When I was out of the kitchen to grab something the vet rubberbanded the sprayer for the kitchen sink to spray. He told my son to say one of the dogs had pee'd and could he have a wet paper towel. (should have been my first hint, manchild would have never volunteered to clean that up) So I turn on the facet and get soaked. Vet and my DS just a laugh'n.

My DD's boss took today off. She hates April Fools Day that much. She told her staff that she was going to hunker down with her two preschoolers and make a day of it at home.

Yes, those are pretty good kids. I don't mind April Fool's Day as long as the pranks are fun for everyone and not mean spirited. My mom was really afraid of mice so one April Fool's Day I pretended I saw a mouse run into her bedroom, she grabbed her keys and started to leave the house (she said she wouldn't stay in a house with mice), so I had to go after her. I guess that was a little mean as she did not see the humor of it at all...

StarWarsGirl

Back in high school, during an English class, our teacher was running late on April Fools day. Before she got there, we turned the desks around and moved the podium, then one of the students stood there and pretended to teach. She walked in and thought she was in the wrong room. Thankfully, she laughed....and then made us put it back.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Back in high school, during an English class, our teacher was running late on April Fools day. Before she got there, we turned the desks around and moved the podium, then one of the students stood there and pretended to teach. She walked in and thought she was in the wrong room. Thankfully, she laughed....and then made us put it back.

That is kind of funny, especially that she thought she was in the wrong room!

Cesar R M

I suppose your classroom person got the joke from imgur.
There was a list of office pranks on the top page a few ago.
It even had more evil ones (like adding ducktake to the USB ports in a way it is very hard to notice but make the mouse, keyboard and other devices to dont work)

Gabe1

Pups really do know a lot of stuff. It does break my heart when I hear her howl, then I know she is really upset. She also gets upset when she sees the suitcases. Smart pups.

Walt has quite the vocabulary. He even knows if we are walking the neighborhood or going into the woods via the truck. If I say woods he goes to the garage. His favorite words, my sons name, Grandma and lately even my DD however Ice Cream trumps just about any other word. Sadly he doesn't respond to the word Squirrel like my Golden's did, they went out for the hunt. Still Bunny means Walt will half heartedly at best, will in slow-mo follow her around the back property and she will half heartedly keep a safe distance from him. Like they both know there should be an instinct there for a chase but neither of them seem to want to be bothered with it. Shows you animals do evolve. He really is a character.

Gabe1

I can definitely relate to the last (l never earned a college degree) paragraph. Bosses, owners, partners don't want or need the grief. As it should be. You are hired to do a job. They want, and need, it done with minimal issues.
In the 23+ total years with the firm, I've seen a lot, and seen a lot of coworkers come and go.
Overselling their skills in interviews and then not being able to produce as promised, other incompetence, blaming coworkers, slacking, whining, etc., or any combination thereof.
So, basically, if your a lying, incompetent, unable to accept responsibility, whining, slacker don't even bother trying to make it in the real business world.
At least, not at our firm, anyway...! ;)

But we come from a different era. Times of taking a young'n and molding them to a life long relationship with one company is no longer the norm. Loyalty seems to be goner both with the employee and the firms and from what I've seen it is the firm that cuts the relationship more often than not when their needs change. When I was small a two year degree from a 'teachers college' was all most private schools elementary/high school required. And our Nuns didn't even have that as they had their own educational system in place for their staff. Laws change for many job classifications requiring higher education to perform certain duties. While there are 2 year degrees for nursing still, many hospitals won't hire the RN's without a 4 year degree. I wrestle with some of the requirements given the expense.

I still land always on education in the end. Again just me. More times than not from what I've seen a college degree will help you rather than harm you as one tries to obtain a job or further a career. Our high school belongs to a mega co-op for every trade school training. It is really a wonderful option for those who just are not into college for a multitude of reasons. Unfortunately for those who went that route for a high school alternative many/some that were just not focused in high school, matured and had second thoughts. It is really hard to get into college later without taking high school level courses at a community college, then to qualify for higher level courses at the same community college making a degree a real struggle, adding a year or two to the normal 4 year degree. All I've seen I'm torn. The World I grew up in has changed. Laws for certifications changed in so many fields from my era of youth. That is why I landed on my kids would finish their degrees come h*ll or high water. If they decide to jump careers at any point it won't be a lengthy educational process to qualify. Sadly there is no one size fits all answer to it all.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom