The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

You lot would trust me with your kids ...
FyDrU44.gif

Songbird76

l

Thanks. Dad was actually a bit better yesterday, (still so not good) I think because of a med change. I managed to go through a hour and half span last night where he only screamed at me 3x's and only told me to shut the **** up once. :eek::oops::rolleyes::jawdrop::banghead:

The support and nursing staff yesterday said he was actually pretty good yesterday and held a few very normal conversations. One asked me if he actually did run the Boston Marathon? Which he did, for the first time after he was 65. The whole dang thing is very perplexing. :cyclops:
Did they give you any indication whether or not that was a hopeful sign? I mean, it SOUNDS like progress, but I'm not a doctor, so I have no idea.

donaldtoo

Took the day off today.
Just got back from DWifeys favorite aunts funeral. She was a special lady.
Wasn't able to go to the viewing last night 'cause I worked a little late. DWifey was able to take yesterday off as well as today, so her and youngest DD made the trek to Houston and back to bring MIL (aunts younger sis) here for the viewing and service. Fortunately, one of DWifeys cousins also lives in the Houston area and was able to take MIL back this evening.
We were at aunts church in downtown Austin at 10a for viewing, then church service at 11a, and then a reception (finger sandwiches, fruit, cookies) in the church hall.
Then to the graveside service in her hometown 45 mins. northeast of Austin, and another reception (BBQ, beer, wine) at the country club.
A lot of tears, laughter, and reminiscing.
A wonderful sendoff for a wonderful lady.

StarWarsGirl

same, so many dumb jokes.. rarely something clever.
I only got a big laugh at the adult site porhub.
Which changed ALL Videos and images for corn related stuff.
seen the screenshots on reddit and tumblr :hilarious:
Last year's Netflix joke was pretty good. If you watched more than two episodes of a show in a row, it would play a video that would tell you to do your homework, call your mother, take a shower, go to sleep, etc.

This year, I really haven't seen anything good online jokes wise. Except for an article on another Disney site claiming all the rides in DHS are closing Sunday in an announcement made by "Buzz Abrams". :rolleyes:

donaldtoo

I have real mixed emotions about any collaborative projects. College is so freak'n expensive and a stupid team member can really tank your grade even one tries to pick up the slack. Or a C or a B might be great to some team members but for students like my DD and @StarWarsGirl who are working towards highest honors and likely Grad School where it matters these twits can definitely leave their everlasting mark.

And then there is the plus side that nobody can think through while being aggravated by all the group projects. They really do expose you to what will happen the rest of life. Having to work with and learn how to deal with coworkers that have attitudes or don't pull their weight with group projects. The last thing bosses want to deal with is ragg'n about their co-workers etc. Group projects kinda teach those skills that will be needed in so many careers. So much to loose, so much to gain. No right answers.

I can definitely relate to the last (l never earned a college degree) paragraph. Bosses, owners, partners don't want or need the grief. As it should be. You are hired to do a job. They want, and need, it done with minimal issues.
In the 23+ total years with the firm, I've seen a lot, and seen a lot of coworkers come and go.
Overselling their skills in interviews and then not being able to produce as promised, other incompetence, blaming coworkers, slacking, whining, etc., or any combination thereof.
So, basically, if your a lying, incompetent, unable to accept responsibility, whining, slacker don't even bother trying to make it in the real business world.
At least, not at our firm, anyway...! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom