The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yeah, with DS, I notice he feels like part of the team...included. He's got really good coaches this season who are great at explaining how each position is important to the team. Last season, the coach was really focused on winning and he yelled at the kids when they made mistakes and he made it pretty clear who the "important" kids were on the team. Hubby was not happy, but DS loved soccer so much we didn't have the heart to make him stop. But now he's got great coaches who are SO encouraging and DS feels important to the team. It's great for him. And rather than invite kids from his class at school for his birthday party, he invited mostly kids from his soccer team. That's where he feels like he has friends.

Warms my heart.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yes, and there's this standard that's unattainable. Like..a woman is supposed to do whatever they can to look good or they are labeled as sloppy or lazy, etc, and they won't get any breakthroughs. But, a woman who is TOO attractive is a distraction. And women are somehow seen as being at fault for harassment, because guys just can't be expected to control their own behavior....it's a woman's responsibility not to provoke bad behavior. When I was in high school, I was your typical wall flower. I wore drab, baggy clothing, no makeup, and basically tried to hide. And yet, when I was sexually harassed, I was told boys will be boys and I just "need to learn to deal with it". -I- was the one causing the problem because I asked for the boy to leave me alone and asked to be protected from him. It wasn't until my brother, a BOY, stood up to the kid that it was dealt with, even though I had reported it to several teachers. It's not considered a big deal until another male says it is. But it's confusing...Be pretty, but not TOO pretty. Be smart enough not to get into dangerous situations, but don't be TOO smart. Be nice, but not TOO nice. You are labeled no matter where you fall on the spectrum, and there is no good place to be on that spectrum.

Indeed. That is why out of all the people I could use as an example I chose Meg. Not that I agree with Disney business decisions but this lady took a great deal of heat not only for her decisions but her dress and looks. The looks part bothered me because it is well known that she has had a long battle with a physically painful disease and yet persevered. She retired at 61. Disney changed her job so she didn't have to travel so much which most employers won't do. So I always admired what she pulled off as a career in a guys world of Disney back then.
I'd cringe with all the Blame Meg stuff especially when the most unflattering photos of her were posted and editorial comments. I could be wrong but in my mind I've seen substantially more Blame Meg posts over the years than any other executive like blame Iger etc.as just a random statement.

Cesar R M

Indeed. That is why out of all the people I could use as an example I chose Meg. Not that I agree with Disney business decisions but this lady took a great deal of heat not only for her decisions but her dress and looks. The looks part bothered me because it is well known that she has had a long battle with a physically painful disease and yet persevered. She retired at 61. Disney changed her job so she didn't have to travel so much which most employers won't do. So I always admired what she pulled off as a career in a guys world of Disney back then.
I'd cringe with all the Blame Meg stuff especially when the most unflattering photos of her were posted and editorial comments. I could be wrong but in my mind I've seen substantially more Blame Meg posts over the years than any other executive like blame Iger etc.as just a random statement.
really? I did not know meg, but reading the comments on this forum always made me think she was part of the "thousand cuts" of the last years of Eisner.
Also the degradation of both WDW and Disneyland. Hence why the hate and mocking to her and Colglaizer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom