The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

My Easter Basket wasn't an Easter Basket this year. The bunny dropped it in a Black String Mickey Backpack. So darn Cute.
2 coffee mugs, one with a saying about my need of coffee and the other is in the shape of a Minnie Mouse Purse along with many other edibles. I have to try and get some pictures up, so fun. I like that my family has yet to outgrow Easter Baskets. Walt had a blast with his.

I found one of the mugs online. Love it!

images

and upright
I love this mug,

StarWarsGirl

That would work except I have a hard time finding clothes with pockets big enough to hold much of anything.:hilarious: The back pockets of my jeans are just big enough to hold a driver's license and that's it:banghead:
Yup. Try stuffing an inhaler and epi pen in women's jeans...doesn't work.

Although I can see why it would be appealing. Last trip, I had gone back to the room for a bit (BWV) and went to Epcot to meet my group. I just grabbed my phone, MB, inhaler, and drivers license (my mom had an epi pen on her), stuffed the phone and inhaler in my pockets, and walked into Epcot. No security was nice, but I can't go without my bag an entire day. Especially with an umbrella. If it's not in my bag, I'm likely to leave it behind.

betty rose

Thank you. :happy:

My deep down gut is they missed a stroke. They were set to send him one place and the next morning they changed course and sent him elsewhere. I was there when my Dad was checked into the hospital and where he is currently were not the issues. With strokes it is so important to act immediately and if they missed it that weekend it was too late. Seeing him this weekend I could see what has changed. I can't say I can completely blame the Doc's. He was being beyond difficult and the difficulties are a separate medical issue. I'm thinking they are not separating the physical vs cognitive issues and likely during all the blah blah blah he might have stroked and it was caught or it was caught too late and they shipped him out. But looking at him now there isn't a real quality of life any longer and I'm not feeling the future curing that.
I'm sorry to hear that.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Sympathy like. Did you eat at the hospital with your dad? Or did you take a break and go home? I'm sorry it's not going well. Has the 2nd hospital got any more idea about what's wrong?

Oh no, didn't eat there. I'm guessing this hospital doesn't have a clue what his overall issues are being a 3 day holiday weekend. I understand the Doc assigned to him is come back today. Bad weekend to transfer him but likely the original hospital and his primary Doc wanted him gone for the Holiday weekend and out of his hair. We know he has a blood clot in his heart from earlier this month, we know his oxegyn levels drop. Something. else beyond his erratic behavior is happening too. He had full use of his hands and communication when he was admitted. Doesn't anymore. That is why I leaning towards a stroke or his oxygen levels being too low at some point.

Figgy1

Oh no, didn't eat there. I'm guessing this hospital doesn't have a clue what his overall issues are being a 3 day holiday weekend. I understand the Doc assigned to him is come back today. Bad weekend to transfer him but likely the original hospital and his primary Doc wanted him gone for the Holiday weekend and out of his hair. We know he has a blood clot in his heart from earlier this month, we know his oxegyn levels drop. Something. else beyond his erratic behavior is happening too. He had full use of his hands and communication when he was admitted. Doesn't anymore. That is why I leaning towards a stroke or his oxygen levels being too low at some point.
Sympathy like. I hope today brings some answers. Don't forget to try and take care of yourself. xoxo

Gabe1

Why should it bother her what you packed in your bags?

How 'bout it? I tease about ladies handbags but this lady was dead serious. She would have also been the first one to yell likely too if my kids were not sitting quietly as they were and well occupied. It was one of those moments where I had things to say and didn't. Now need to accelerate airplane rage of the old coot.

betty rose

Could his behavior be caused by low oxygen ? It seems that for the mind to think and act rationally, you need oxygen. I hope they really find out what to do. Again, I'm very sorry to hear this.

Gabe1

Because it's required to carry identity here and I don't have a drivers license. I have my resident card, but if they ask for that, they might also want to see the passport. Plus, we're 15 minutes from the German border and you can travel between European countries, but you need to have your passport in case they are doing random checks. Germany is a lot cheaper than the Netherlands and they have some fun parks for the kids, so I carry our passports just in case we decide to pop over to go shopping or go to a park.

Oh Wow! I never thought of that. Thanks for my educational experience of the day. I learned something again on this thread. :happy:

Gabe1

My heart goes out to you. Both of my parents passed away years ago, and with a plethora of medical issues, you just end up feeling so helpless. We placed our faith in the medical staff and prayed that all went as well as could be reasonably expected. Similar to your family, my siblings and I would talk with the doctors and nurses, as (additional) helpful information could come out of those discussions.

It's very important for hospitalized patients to have someone advocating for them, no matter how well known or respected the medical institution is, that they are receiving their treatment from.

Side note: Strokes are a grey area--the larger ones have very identifiable symptoms, but it's not so easy to pick up the mini-strokes, unless seeing them on an MRI. I only mention this because my mother had a number of mini-strokes prior to hospitalization, and those were discovered on an MRI, well after the fact. Now, this was a number of years ago, and perhaps diagnostic tools have improved since then, but just thought I'd pass that along.

Thank you. I'll take all the info I can get. I'm not the one who picked these Doc's or the second hospital. Actually we disagreed and I backed off. Like I said before my Dad has cheated death 3 times over the years and if he does find the internal engergy to cheat death again it will not be the same, there doesn't seem to be a quality of life now. I'm guarded but with what time he has left I want him to be well cared for.

Gabe1

Could his behavior be caused by low oxygen ? It seems that for the mind to think and act rationally, you need oxygen. I hope they really find out what to do. Again, I'm very sorry to hear this.

My gut is the low oxygen level dips is what-is causing it. I also think it took a while for #1 hospital to recognize that. Not good. And like I said his overall behavior running a muck likely masked and distracted medical peeps from seeing what I was piecing together so considering how well he was except for the clot when he went in he has some responsibility for his actions though some of the behavior is likely medical too. Like I said just bracing myself.

Goofyernmost

Yup. Try stuffing an inhaler and epi pen in women's jeans...doesn't work.

Although I can see why it would be appealing. Last trip, I had gone back to the room for a bit (BWV) and went to Epcot to meet my group. I just grabbed my phone, MB, inhaler, and drivers license (my mom had an epi pen on her), stuffed the phone and inhaler in my pockets, and walked into Epcot. No security was nice, but I can't go without my bag an entire day. Especially with an umbrella. If it's not in my bag, I'm likely to leave it behind.
Just a thought here and, believe me, since I am a male I know that there is no easy answer (or is there)? Did it occur to you ladies that you don't have to wear clothing that looks like it was painted on. Try a size larger for your casual use like travel, theme parks or stores. Baggy may not be beautiful, but, it will make life a lot easier I would think. I have yet to see a catwalk in WDW. On top of that, I'm so busy taking in the things that are there to see and do that I never notice what people are wearing. In fact the only time I have ever noticed what someone was wearing was when I was on my recent trans-Atlantic cruise. An older gentleman wore the same thing day after day. He had a pair of faded bluejeans held up by suspenders and a white T-shirt. Oh yea, and gray NB running shoes. Never saw him wearing anything else for the entire 14 day cruise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom