The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Wow, I need to rethink what I carry, we have needed a lot of these things over the years. Just went and bought them. I can see where pain medications, are needed. Our daughter carry's all this stuff too. Now that we don't spend as much time with them when touring Disney, I have to start carrying more. Probably in the Disney string backpack. Easier for me. Thanks for the suggestions.
Oh, I don't know. I go by myself all the time and whatever I cannot carry in my pockets, I don't need! Never have yet anyway.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Oh, I forgot Muppett's and the Great Movie Ride. We never miss them, Toy Story has had to be let go due to a neck issue. I love the Little Mermaid too. But, I wonder what will be left after Star Wars, and Toy Story land comes in. I love Toy Story, but I thought that was another kiddie land. Star Wars, hasn't interested me, yet. But, that could change if it is done really well. It's so hard to wait for anything new, it takes so much time, and we pretty much know a lot about what is coming, than I may be tired before it ever happens.

I can see why Toy Street might have to be off your list. Whenever I think of the ride I just think of playing the games, I forget about the spinning part which can be a little jolting.

donaldtoo

Howdy gang! Hope all of y'all that celebrate had a wonderful and blessed Easter...! :)
All of us and all my sibs families spent it at mom and pops.
Good food and good times, as usual...! :)

Prayers to all here still experiencing illness, or illness of family and/or friends, or other challenges.

Still so far behind...

Cesar R M

Oh, I forgot Muppett's and the Great Movie Ride. We never miss them, Toy Story has had to be let go due to a neck issue. I love the Little Mermaid too. But, I wonder what will be left after Star Wars, and Toy Story land comes in. I love Toy Story, but I thought that was another kiddie land. Star Wars, hasn't interested me, yet. But, that could change if it is done really well. It's so hard to wait for anything new, it takes so much time, and we pretty much know a lot about what is coming, than I may be tired before it ever happens.
The great movie ride looks very good lately.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My sincere sympathy's for what you are living through. Watch what the second hospital does, closely. My brother had a heart issue went for 3 days, to the first hospital, which did a botched angioplasty, he was immediately sent to another hospital , in which he was only there for an hour, he died. My niece, who works in hospitals, said they sent him on, so if anything went wrong, it would be hard to sue. I don't want to distress you, further; but please be aware.

Thank you. :happy:

My deep down gut is they missed a stroke. They were set to send him one place and the next morning they changed course and sent him elsewhere. I was there when my Dad was checked into the hospital and where he is currently were not the issues. With strokes it is so important to act immediately and if they missed it that weekend it was too late. Seeing him this weekend I could see what has changed. I can't say I can completely blame the Doc's. He was being beyond difficult and the difficulties are a separate medical issue. I'm thinking they are not separating the physical vs cognitive issues and likely during all the blah blah blah he might have stroked and it was caught or it was caught too late and they shipped him out. But looking at him now there isn't a real quality of life any longer and I'm not feeling the future curing that.

Gabe1

Me too, I miss it all. We don't do Studios anymore, except for Prime Time, and that's every couple years or so. I can only do Tower of Terror, anymore, due to a neck issue. We mostly skip Hollywood.

The park might get better. There are parts I really like but it is for many of us neglected with too much left vacant for too long. Both AK and the Studios have too many outdoor venues for QS dining for my liking during the humid seasons, it had so many outdoor attractions it is a hard park to spend the day in for many and several smaller attractions that did originally entertain were shut down long ago without replacement just vacant and multiple of the headline attractions many can't do to the motion or age of family members. I'm waiting to see what Disney does with the park. Still it looks to be a long wait. And if they do a cheap overlay to the Tower and retheme her it will be another disappointment.

Gabe1

Oh, I carry everything but the kitchen sink with me. I'm prepared for just about anything. I have a nail kit in case I break a nail....I broke one at work half way down the nail bed and was glad I had clippers with me. I have bandaids, a comb, a brush, ibuprofen and paracetamol, my wallet, my passport, various discount cards, my sunglasses, kleenex, grocery bags (you have to bring your own here), feminine hygiene products, wet napkins, pens and pencils, a black permanent marker, lotion, deodorant, breath mints, chapstick, and eye drops. And my keys. And at the moment, a book.

Ha! Exactly. I'm curious though. Why the passport?

Last edited:

Gabe1

:cautious:I'll never tell.
My friends nicknamed me Mary Poppins a while back...

Oh Dear. I wonder if you do have children someday what else will be added to that bag of yours. ;)

I too carried a Mary Poppins bag on flights for my kids when they were little. It had well thought out activities for them for a long flight for them to keep them occupied and well under control for both my sanity and the other passengers onboard. I wished many other parents would think flights through. I did have a woman once in flight rip into me for my Mary Poppins bag. Thinking she should have brought a Mary Poppins bag for herself. She was obviously bored. As they became a bit older Game Boys and portable DVD players replaced my Mary Poppins bag.

Gabe1

Wow, that sounded more like laziness (or aholery). Aka giving you low priority until your sis demonstrated muscle.

How 'bout it!!! I didn't like how this whole thing went down to be honest. This is at least at first is a 5 day evaluation but at a very bad time. Good Friday through Easter and his Primary Doc at this facility not being there for 3 of the 5 days due to Easter. For all of our plus things our health care has going for it boy it has many shortcomings. My Dad has the best of the best of health insurance due to his Union. Still that doesn't equate to the best medical care.

Last edited:

Gabe1

yeah, but remember a lot of them DID GO into dumpsters..
like Spectro and other things (like the DHs lot tour stuff and the boats of Norway)

I missed what went into the dumpster. I know lots of the general lighting religiously went into the dumpster because it is easier and far less man hours to cut down verses the cost to restring and properly store. Total costs being more cost effective to start over. But I'm hoping for the big ticket, special lighted ones being saved. I can dream.

Gabe1

Yum, I would say add some cheese to that beer bread but you can't have cheese.:( You could add some chives or sauteed onions to the beer bread though. I wonder how a little caraway seed would taste added to the beer bread...sorry just thinking of how delish the bread sounds. I shouldn't be hungry as we had a big Easter brunch, but I am kind of hungry.

Me I am hungry again but I had for Easter Dinner Mid-afternoon a Cesar Salad, 18 oz Ribeye steak (and I ate it all) a loaded Baked Potato, Asparagus along with sauted onions and mushrooms. I should be full for a week. I equate it to stress eating cause no way do I pack away that kinda food generally or I wouldn't fit in my clothing. Unlike me during a family holiday meal I skipped the wine this go around. Fear factor for what I might say if my marbles were a bit more relaxed.

Gabe1

Wow, I need to rethink what I carry, we have needed a lot of these things over the years. Just went and bought them. I can see where pain medications, are needed. Our daughter carry's all this stuff too. Now that we don't spend as much time with them when touring Disney, I have to start carrying more. Probably in the Disney string backpack. Easier for me. Thanks for the suggestions.

My Easter Basket wasn't an Easter Basket this year. The bunny dropped it in a Black String Mickey Backpack. So darn Cute.
2 coffee mugs, one with a saying about my need of coffee and the other is in the shape of a Minnie Mouse Purse along with many other edibles. I have to try and get some pictures up, so fun. I like that my family has yet to outgrow Easter Baskets. Walt had a blast with his.

I found one of the mugs online. Love it!

images

and upright

Gabe1

It does take Disney for freak'n forever to build anything in the parks these days. FLE and Avatar such good examples. Avatar announced in 2011 and should be coming in 2017? Can only imagine what timeframe there is for the Studios to be reworked.

I look at how things were accomplished in the 90's in Florida. Splash Mountain began construction in 1991 and finished and soft opened in 1992. That was a very elaborate attraction with so many detail, far from a simulator type attraction and up in under 2 years. They know how to do it well and timely when they choose to. It tries the patience of many a fan.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom