The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

Ha! No.

If I carry a handbag a couple times a year that is a lot. I really never fell into that handbag/purse thing. I did carry one a bit more often before I had kids but honestly when I had kids a handbag and a diaper bag was a tad ridiculous. I look at all this carp some women sleep and I really wonder why? Guys don't so why should I? I carry a wallet that I put in either my jacket b reast pocket or the back pocket of my pants. A cell in the other back pocket. My keys go in front pocket. I can't imagine what else I need to sleep? I will take a tiny cross body purse with me into the parks when I don't have adequate pockets and it is only double the size of my wallet or small string backpack. I would years ago carry a very small ***** pack around my waist though not as fashionable as @figmentfan423 's until my kids cried foul.

I look at some of these suitcase handbag/purses some women hosit around everywhere they go and do wonder what the heck these bulging things are stuffed with and why the heck they need all that stuff with them 24/7. Mystery.
Oh, I carry everything but the kitchen sink with me. I'm prepared for just about anything. I have a nail kit in case I break a nail....I broke one at work half way down the nail bed and was glad I had clippers with me. I have bandaids, a comb, a brush, ibuprofen and paracetamol, my wallet, my passport, various discount cards, my sunglasses, kleenex, grocery bags (you have to bring your own here), feminine hygiene products, wet napkins, pens and pencils, a black permanent marker, lotion, deodorant, breath mints, chapstick, and eye drops. And my keys. And at the moment, a book.

Figgy1

My dh almost wound up in the dog house. You should have seen the look on his face when I put a can of cranberry sauce in the shopping cart. If looks could kill you'd all be attending my memorial service. Now he loves cranberry sauce but won't eat the canned stuff. It's not like I cheaped out and got store brand jellied, I sprung for the whole berry organic. I'm sorry but the deal was I did all the other holiday cooking for over a year and I finally got one day off so I'm taking it!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow my mother in law is dropping my ds back home and I'm making turkey for dinner. So I wanted to get just a bit of cranberry sauce to go with it. Me thinks he's a bit spoiled:rolleyes:

Songbird76

Oh absolutely--some of these people really get into it. A few of the costumes we saw were just as professionally and elaborately assembled, as anything Hollywood designers could put out (example below, posted yesterday on the internet) --

shauna-animeboston1.gif

Wow....my friend does more steampunk style....corsets, bustles, she made a civil war era jacket, she's done clerics robes, lots of different stuff. It's beautiful, but SO expensive. People who do cosplay spend tons on their costumes!! She has an etsy shop: idiorhythmic.

Songbird76

My dh almost wound up in the dog house. You should have seen the look on his face when I put a can of cranberry sauce in the shopping cart. If looks could kill you'd all be attending my memorial service. Now he loves cranberry sauce but won't eat the canned stuff. It's not like I cheaped out and got store brand jellied, I sprung for the whole berry organic. I'm sorry but the deal was I did all the other holiday cooking for over a year and I finally got one day off so I'm taking it!!!!!!!!!!! Tomorrow my mother in law is dropping my ds back home and I'm making turkey for dinner. So I wanted to get just a bit of cranberry sauce to go with it. Me thinks he's a bit spoiled:rolleyes:
You enjoy that day off! You've so earned it!! And yum....turkey.

betty rose

I drink cranberry juice regularly and, to be honest, I'm not a fan. It is tolerable though and it has been known to be very beneficial to the urinary tract. It actually has grown on me lately. It is a little tart, but, really not bad flavored and I sometimes do notice a improvement in function after I have had my, about once every 4 days, dose of it. I don't see how beer would be any better, and in some cases, might be a addiction trigger, I would think.
Hubby is so done with beer, he told me to use it in beer bread. You don't have to use yeast, the beer provides that. And it's a pretty much stir and bake. Only lasts for the day, but if beer is left it's on my head or in bread! Hey, that rhymes.

betty rose

I drink cranberry juice regularly and, to be honest, I'm not a fan. It is tolerable though and it has been known to be very beneficial to the urinary tract. It actually has grown on me lately. It is a little tart, but, really not bad flavored and I sometimes do notice a improvement in function after I have had my, about once every 4 days, dose of it. I don't see how beer would be any better, and in some cases, might be a addiction trigger, I would think.
We are actually going to ask about sugar free cranberry juice for hubby. We have an appointment to the urologist, for Wednesday. I hope we get there, another ice or snow storm coming in. After everything is resolved, I'm going to bed!

betty rose

I'm really hoping some of these props show up in other areas of Disney Parks next year. Some of them are just too amazing to wind up in a dumpster. Still it was an amazing run. I saw the first run of them at MGM and many times thereafter. To me the Osborne Lights were that 'special' thing that only Disney does, that now too does no longer. Kinda somber for me.
Agree, we only went once, but it was the most magical thing ever to see. With so much leaving in Hollywood Studios, I'm just not interested in going in that park for a long time. Especially , if Prime Time Fifty's closes. Their fried chicken is like my Mom used to make. Not the chicken in the sampler, just the chicken order...I've had both and just chicken is better. Especially if hubby orders the pot roast. ;):hungry:

betty rose

I miss Residential Street too. I actually missed the entire 2 part tour from the walking tour that was first the boat visual, the warehouse demonstration of how the bee and the bicycle were filmed to the tram tour through the canyon and residential streets along with the working sets. It was a great demonstration of how studios worked and then followed up by the animators behind glass working. I always enjoyed the whole bundle. Sorry to see it all go. Hoping what replaces it will be close to comparable.
Me too, I miss it all. We don't do Studios anymore, except for Prime Time, and that's every couple years or so. I can only do Tower of Terror, anymore, due to a neck issue. We mostly skip Hollywood.

betty rose

Yeah, I feel your concerns at the moment. Likely why I keep thinking of you giving the same type of dynamic happening here with my Dad. My Sis blew into town for 4 days and spent a lot of time over 4 days with my Dad and Mom to which I took a hiatus since I am always around. We also disagree on my Dad and also my Mom being over 80 too and their abilities. My Sis being a very sucessful attorney knows how to position herself to win. It is difficult.

They transferred my Dad by ambulance for evaluation at another hospital facility at the recommendation of his Doc but where his Doc does not have privileges which I didn't care for. During the transfer they misplaced him for over 24 hours which was very disconcerning for us though he really in the end wasn't misplaced just nobody could tell us where the heck he was. My Sis called his Doc that signed the transfer orders and said she was going to file a missing persons report with the police since he seemed to be nowhere and amazingly they found him in under 5 minutes and all sorts of peeps were falling over themselves apologizing. Ill relatives are so stressful for families.

Sure hope it works for your daughters. I'm living it and it isn't pretty.
My sincere sympathy's for what you are living through. Watch what the second hospital does, closely. My brother had a heart issue went for 3 days, to the first hospital, which did a botched angioplasty, he was immediately sent to another hospital , in which he was only there for an hour, he died. My niece, who works in hospitals, said they sent him on, so if anything went wrong, it would be hard to sue. I don't want to distress you, further; but please be aware.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom