The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

He decided against running the smoker tomorrow and said he wanted chili tomorrow. So traditional:hilarious: He goes to the hardware store to get wood chips and instead gets what he needs to fix my screen door:( I had already picked out a new door but he's insisting on fixing the old one.:( So instead of bacon I'm getting noise tomorrow afternoon:( His bunny is getting hidden in someplace he'd never look:D
Eat it, before he does.;););)

betty rose

Please tell Mr. Bets we are so sorry he is in pain, and we hope he feels better soon. He's been dealing with this issue for quite some time now--it must be so hard on him. He's a nice man, and I want him to be healthy and feeling well. I hope you both can somehow have a nice Easter.
We are hoping to meet the kids and grandkids for an early lunch. Then we will depart, hubby is doing much better. I hope the stone is gone. Thanks.

Goofyernmost

Hubby has that too. So as soon as he is clear, off the beer, because he hates it.;) Don't forget about meat gravy's and sausage. And chicken liver , and oats, those are no no's.;)
I drink cranberry juice regularly and, to be honest, I'm not a fan. It is tolerable though and it has been known to be very beneficial to the urinary tract. It actually has grown on me lately. It is a little tart, but, really not bad flavored and I sometimes do notice a improvement in function after I have had my, about once every 4 days, dose of it. I don't see how beer would be any better, and in some cases, might be a addiction trigger, I would think.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I drink cranberry juice regularly and, to be honest, I'm not a fan. It is tolerable though and it has been known to be very beneficial to the urinary tract. It actually has grown on me lately. It is a little tart, but, really not bad flavored and I sometimes do notice a improvement in function after I have had my, about once every 4 days, dose of it. I don't see how beer would be any better, and in some cases, might be a addiction trigger, I would think.

Makes you wonder how much cranberry juice vs how much beer is required. I know the cherry juice concentrate for gout is lower than the two beers for stones. That stuff is nasty.

Still neither is as nasty as gout or kidney stones.

Gabe1

I never got to see the Osborne Lights on Residential Street, but I LOVED them on the Streets of America. I'm very glad I got to see them one last time in November. When I was at Hollywood Studios this past week I spent some time on the Streets of America taking it in for one last time. I looked at the buildings close up and saw all the nails left from keeping the lights up (I didn't take a picture), but I was a little surprised to see a poster still up about the Osbourne Lights (picture is below). Maybe the sign is always up but I only remember seeing it when the lights were up.
View attachment 135335

I'm really hoping some of these props show up in other areas of Disney Parks next year. Some of them are just too amazing to wind up in a dumpster. Still it was an amazing run. I saw the first run of them at MGM and many times thereafter. To me the Osborne Lights were that 'special' thing that only Disney does, that now too does no longer. Kinda somber for me.

Gabe1

I miss residential street. :(

I miss Residential Street too. I actually missed the entire 2 part tour from the walking tour that was first the boat visual, the warehouse demonstration of how the bee and the bicycle were filmed to the tram tour through the canyon and residential streets along with the working sets. It was a great demonstration of how studios worked and then followed up by the animators behind glass working. I always enjoyed the whole bundle. Sorry to see it all go. Hoping what replaces it will be close to comparable.

Gabe1

Not much has changed except that it has calmed down a bit. It is anything but resolved. One thinks that they should do nothing because, in the end, she is still going to be sick and will have gone through a lot to try and just bring it up to "not good". The other has felt that they must pursue and research to see if there is anyway to keep her alive longer, with or without a good quality of life. She just feels that in order to be able to be at peace with herself she needs to go down every road to see if there is an answer. If she does find an avenue to follow, then the fireworks erupt again because unless it is a powerful argument, the other is still not going to agree.

Both, however, are very intelligent and have sometimes to much common sense. One goes with a gut feeling and the other over thinks everything. For the first time since they were born, we won't be together for Easter. To avoid problems, one has decided to spend the weekend in Ashville, NC at the Biltmore. This conflict is going to take a while to heal, but, it will eventually. I decided not to intervene at this point. Thanks for your concern.

Yeah, I feel your concerns at the moment. Likely why I keep thinking of you giving the same type of dynamic happening here with my Dad. My Sis blew into town for 4 days and spent a lot of time over 4 days with my Dad and Mom to which I took a hiatus since I am always around. We also disagree on my Dad and also my Mom being over 80 too and their abilities. My Sis being a very sucessful attorney knows how to position herself to win. It is difficult.

They transferred my Dad by ambulance for evaluation at another hospital facility at the recommendation of his Doc but where his Doc does not have privileges which I didn't care for. During the transfer they misplaced him for over 24 hours which was very disconcerning for us though he really in the end wasn't misplaced just nobody could tell us where the heck he was. My Sis called his Doc that signed the transfer orders and said she was going to file a missing persons report with the police since he seemed to be nowhere and amazingly they found him in under 5 minutes and all sorts of peeps were falling over themselves apologizing. Ill relatives are so stressful for families.

Sure hope it works for your daughters. I'm living it and it isn't pretty.

Cesar R M

I'm really hoping some of these props show up in other areas of Disney Parks next year. Some of them are just too amazing to wind up in a dumpster. Still it was an amazing run. I saw the first run of them at MGM and many times thereafter. To me the Osborne Lights were that 'special' thing that only Disney does, that now too does no longer. Kinda somber for me.
yeah, but remember a lot of them DID GO into dumpsters..
like Spectro and other things (like the DHs lot tour stuff and the boats of Norway)

Cesar R M

Yeah, I feel your concerns at the moment. Likely why I keep thinking of you giving the same type of dynamic happening here with my Dad. My Sis blew into town for 4 days and spent a lot of time over 4 days with my Dad and Mom to which I took a hiatus since I am always around. We also disagree on my Dad and also my Mom being over 80 too and their abilities. My Sis being a very sucessful attorney knows how to position herself to win. It is difficult.

They transferred my Dad by ambulance for evaluation at another hospital facility at the recommendation of his Doc but where his Doc does not have privileges which I didn't care for. During the transfer they misplaced him for over 24 hours which was very disconcerning for us though he really in the end wasn't misplaced just nobody could tell us where the heck he was. My Sis called his Doc that signed the transfer orders and said she was going to file a missing persons report with the police since he seemed to be nowhere and amazingly they found him in under 5 minutes and all sorts of peeps were falling over themselves apologizing. Ill relatives are so stressful for families.

Sure hope it works for your daughters. I'm living it and it isn't pretty.
Wow, that sounded more like laziness (or aholery). Aka giving you low priority until your sis demonstrated muscle.

Gabe1

surely all that stuff goes in your handbag:confused:

Ha! No.

If I carry a handbag a couple times a year that is a lot. I really never fell into that handbag/purse thing. I did carry one a bit more often before I had kids but honestly when I had kids a handbag and a diaper bag was a tad ridiculous. I look at all this carp some women sleep and I really wonder why? Guys don't so why should I? I carry a wallet that I put in either my jacket b reast pocket or the back pocket of my pants. A cell in the other back pocket. My keys go in front pocket. I can't imagine what else I need to sleep? I will take a tiny cross body purse with me into the parks when I don't have adequate pockets and it is only double the size of my wallet or small string backpack. I would years ago carry a very small pack around my waist though not as fashionable as @figmentfan423 's until my kids cried foul.

I look at some of these suitcase handbag/purses some women hosit around everywhere they go and do wonder what the heck these bulging things are stuffed with and why the heck they need all that stuff with them 24/7. Mystery.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom