The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
So....wouldn't cranberry juice work as well? If he hates the taste of beer, why not do cranberry juice instead?

;)
0b1e66a63906cb974a1fa1d50d33bebb.jpg

Maybe the toss up, questionable taste of cranberry juice vs the side effects to a couple of beers under doctors orders? :joyfull:

StarWarsGirl

I drink cranberry juice regularly and, to be honest, I'm not a fan. It is tolerable though and it has been known to be very beneficial to the urinary tract. It actually has grown on me lately. It is a little tart, but, really not bad flavored and I sometimes do notice a improvement in function after I have had my, about once every 4 days, dose of it. I don't see how beer would be any better, and in some cases, might be a addiction trigger, I would think.
Have you tried the cocktail mixes? Ocean Spray makes them. They're mixed with another fruit. My favorites are cranberry pomegranite and cranberry cherry. :hungry: They have others as well. I also water it down to cut the sweetness. I enjoy it so much that I have to remind myself not tk drink too many per day.

I think it's really been helping me. Although I've had several nasty colds, I've overall been extremely healthy since I started drinking the stuff. Last semester, I only missed the time for my hand surgery and this semester, I only missed a little time thanks to a five day migraine. I used to miss a lot more time in high school, and I wasn't this healthy the begining of college (although getting out of that disgusting building that was my high school helped immensely).

Songbird76

With diabetes. He can't have juice. He did that in the past, but it wasn't effective, for his stones. There are many kinds of stones, some are smooth and some (like his are jagged). They pretty much tear up the ureter on the way out. That causes all the side effects. And soreness for a few weeks later.
Doesn't beer have sugar as well? Did you manage to get his appointment changed? I hope he's ok now!

Songbird76

Very cute photo. Have to tell you though, I saw a ton of cosplayers today for the Boston Anime Convention (15,000 attendees at the Hynes Convention Center). Oddly enough, my sister and I planned (about 4 weeks ago) to go into Boston and have lunch today at the Cheesecake Factory, in the Prudential Center (where the Hynes C. C. is located as well). While walking to the restaurant and also inside the (large) restaurant, we saw all kinds of Anime costumes, from homemade wrecks, to some very expensive, professional ones. I've never been into cosplay at all, but it sure was a fun diversion this afternoon! :cat:
I have a friend who does Cosplay and she sews. She was just in Utah for FanX selling bustles and dice bags and all sorts of good stuff. The detail some people put into their costumes is pretty amazing.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I have a friend who does Cosplay and she sews. She was just in Utah for FanX selling bustles and dice bags and all sorts of good stuff. The detail some people put into their costumes is pretty amazing.

Oh absolutely--some of these people really get into it. A few of the costumes we saw were just as professionally and elaborately assembled, as anything Hollywood designers could put out (example below, posted yesterday on the internet) --

shauna-animeboston1.gif

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom