The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
He decided against running the smoker tomorrow and said he wanted chili tomorrow. So traditional:hilarious: He goes to the hardware store to get wood chips and instead gets what he needs to fix my screen door:( I had already picked out a new door but he's insisting on fixing the old one.:( So instead of bacon I'm getting noise tomorrow afternoon:( His bunny is getting hidden in someplace he'd never look:D
Its in the washing machine then :hilarious:

betty rose

I'm not positive about this, but, I think that beer contains ingredients that cause one to expel liquids instead of retaining them. The more liquids in, the more liquids out therefore creating a better path to get the stones out.
He just wanted to get him drunk enough so he didn't feel any of the pain.
Perhaps, he owns stock in Coor's and wants to retire soon.
Thanks for the explanation, when you have someone in so much pain, you just want to get to the pharmacy fast!

betty rose

Yes, indeed.
I remember a flight of ours being cancelled many years ago because of a dent in the nose of the plane. That can, potentially, be serious stuff at 500+ mph at altitude.
I've read about and watched programs about the first De Havilland Comet (first pressurized jetliners) air disasters happening way back when. Metal fatigue due to something as "simple" as the square shaped windows, that were later modified. Can't be too careful about that stuff.
Don't see too many "jetliners" flying around with dings on 'em... ;)
The plane that we were to take out had been hit by a bunch of geese, and had to be grounded.

betty rose

I'm off to bed. LONG day. My MIL's birthday today, and we helped out serving for her party. On the upside, I'm SO glad I had the injection in my hip last week...without it, I wouldn't be able to move now. My hip would have been pretty well shot by the end of a day like today. But I have only a slight twinge and even that is less pain than I've had after a day like today since before my kids were born!
And there was some fun entertainment....DH's aunt kept bragging about how she had tried to sell her 45 year old ironing board on a Dutch site kind of like ebay and that someone had offered 5 euros for it, but she thought that was too little, and how she bought a 2nd hand umbrella for only 1.25!! So funny!
I'm so glad you are getting much needed pain relief. Constant pain tends to wear on you.

betty rose

This is one of the things I got from the Disney Store in Tokyo
kjdhpmN.jpg

I think you might like this, @brb1006
I love this I forgot all about Clarice. :happy:

betty rose

I googled it quick, it looks like beer like cranberry juice dilates the tubing so the stone can move out and prevent build up.

http://nutrihealth.in/health/beer-kidney-stones/
With diabetes. He can't have juice. He did that in the past, but it wasn't effective, for his stones. There are many kinds of stones, some are smooth and some (like his are jagged). They pretty much tear up the ureter on the way out. That causes all the side effects. And soreness for a few weeks later.

Last edited:

betty rose

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
With diabetis. He can't have juice. He did that in the past, but it wasn't effective, for his stones. There are many kinds of stones, some are smooth and some (like his are jagged). They pretty much tear up the ureter on the way out. That causes all the side effects. And soreness for a few weeks later.

I thought you had mentioned something about diabetes and I figured the Dr. recommended beer over the juice because of sugar. Beer (at least some) tends to have less carbs than juices, and the alcohol can lower blood sugar too. I hope the stone is clear. I have a couple of friends who get kidney stones often and it doesn't sound like it is pain free. In fact one of them told me they would rather go through childbirth than have a stone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom