The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Good morning. My dh is off for the whole weekend. This is both good and bad because while I sort of miss him at times he offered to go with me while I run a few errands today:hilarious::banghead: At least he'll be off getting supplies for his smoker while I'm looking at clothes. I really don't need much just a few odds and ends but it's fun to look:joyfull: Have a magical weekend

Enjoy running errands together, and it sounds like some good smoked food is in your future.

Songbird76

Except then makeup becomes an issue.

I literally have four different shades of foundation and concealers depending on the time of year. Have to. I usually wear powder makeup, so I can't mix it like you can with liquid makeup. So I have normal/winter, slightly bronzed, extremely tan, and faded tan. My mom complained about the amount of makeup I brought to Hawaii. Should have just brought the extremely tan because by day 2 I was extremely tan.
Why mess with so much make-up? Who needs the hassle? ;) I wear make-up about 5 times a year, for special occasions. I hate makeup.

Songbird76

Good morning. My dh is off for the whole weekend. This is both good and bad because while I sort of miss him at times he offered to go with me while I run a few errands today:hilarious::banghead: At least he'll be off getting supplies for his smoker while I'm looking at clothes. I really don't need much just a few odds and ends but it's fun to look:joyfull: Have a magical weekend
Sympathy like...I prefer to do my shopping sans hubby. He HATES shopping, so if he comes with me, he tries to do as little as possible. I'll have a list of things to get that are on sale, etc, and he'll say "How much of that do we HAVE to get today?" I get SOOOO much more done by myself.

StarWarsGirl

Why mess with so much make-up? Who needs the hassle? ;) I wear make-up about 5 times a year, for special occasions. I hate makeup.
'Cause I'm in my 20s and still get pimples.:in pain: I actually rarely broke out at all as a teenager and have more breakouts now that I'm in my 20s, although they happen about once a month and the rest of the time it's minor.:cautious: I also perpetually have dark circles under my eyes, so I cover that up usually regardless of whether I do the rest of my makeup. I don't wear make-up daily most of the time, but I do have it and wear it a few times a week. And even then, it's powder foundation, concealer, blush, lip gloss. Done in five minutes.

Plus my makeup has sunscreen in it, so during the summer, I'd rather just put makeup on. I break out less with makeup than I do sunscreen.:eek:

StarWarsGirl

72379_465664706971228_683155957332621252_n.jpg

Songbird76

'Cause I'm in my 20s and still get pimples.:in pain: I actually rarely broke out at all as a teenager and have more breakouts now that I'm in my 20s, although they happen about once a month and the rest of the time it's minor.:cautious: I also perpetually have dark circles under my eyes, so I cover that up usually regardless of whether I do the rest of my makeup. I don't wear make-up daily most of the time, but I do have it and wear it a few times a week. And even then, it's powder foundation, concealer, blush, lip gloss. Done in five minutes.

Plus my makeup has sunscreen in it, so during the summer, I'd rather just put makeup on. I break out less with makeup than I do sunscreen.:eek:
My mom was really strict, so I wasn't allowed to wear makeup. I was 18 and my mom told me I could wear a little bit to a school dance. I put on just a bit of eyeliner and that was it, and my mom asked me didn't I think I had too much makeup on. I said no and walked out the door before she could tell me to go wash it off. But I just never really learned to put it on because I wasn't allowed to wear it. Now I have some, but I rarely wear it. I wear it for performances and sometimes for a party, but that's it.

StarWarsGirl

My mom was really strict, so I wasn't allowed to wear makeup. I was 18 and my mom told me I could wear a little bit to a school dance. I put on just a bit of eyeliner and that was it, and my mom asked me didn't I think I had too much makeup on. I said no and walked out the door before she could tell me to go wash it off. But I just never really learned to put it on because I wasn't allowed to wear it. Now I have some, but I rarely wear it. I wear it for performances and sometimes for a party, but that's it.
My mom and I battled over makeup. At about 18 I finally gave in and started wearing it occasionally. :hilarious:

donaldtoo

Like mens suit jacket pockets womens pants often came stitched. Some women pull the string (me) and others do not because the pockets don't pucker then. Somewhere over the last several years some cheaper manufacturers have just not added the pocket at all. I fell for that once, I bought a pair of jean capri's that did not have front pockets just sewn shut. Never fell for that thereafter. And now it doesn't matter how much I like a dress or pants. Part of the trying it on thingie is to toss my iPhone into the various pockets to make sure it will fit. Failure to fit the phone is reason not to purchase. I carry a purse maybe 6 times a year so my stuff has to fit in my pockets. Currently this is my pink Fossil wallet and it fits in the other pocket
3312142_fpx.tif
3017420_fpx.tif

Indeed, although I was referring specifically to the zipper-to-nowhere "pockets".
All the suits at the clothing store have pockets in the liner, and the breast pocket can be opened up for a pocket square (or whatever) with the simple snipping and removal of a small nylon thread. The side "pockets" are just for decoration, and I don't get it either. :cyclops:
And yes, a convenient pocket for the iPhone is definitely a must. :)

Figgy1

Premium Member
Enjoy running errands together, and it sounds like some good smoked food is in your future.
He decided against running the smoker tomorrow and said he wanted chili tomorrow. So traditional:hilarious: He goes to the hardware store to get wood chips and instead gets what he needs to fix my screen door:( I had already picked out a new door but he's insisting on fixing the old one.:( So instead of bacon I'm getting noise tomorrow afternoon:( His bunny is getting hidden in someplace he'd never look:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom