The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

Cesar R M

Yes, indeed.
I remember a flight of ours being cancelled many years ago because of a dent in the nose of the plane. That can, potentially, be serious stuff at 500+ mph at altitude.
I've read about and watched programs about the first De Havilland Comet (first pressurized jetliners) air disasters happening way back when. Metal fatigue due to something as "simple" as the square shaped windows, that were later modified. Can't be too careful about that stuff.
Don't see too many "jetliners" flying around with dings on 'em... ;)
Believe it or not, most of these dents are fixed by airline ducktape.
which is suprestrong or so I heard.

Still, would be dumb if the dent the cargoloader found.. was actually caused by himself trying to load the bags D:

donaldtoo

Ha! I'm jealous. My Irish skin needs some color. And I get the cattle analogy. I feel the same way plus the data mining. Sometimes I do long for the more simpler Disney my kids were raised with and me with Disneyland. I don't carry stuff around but I do fess up to taking our mugs down to the food court and filling them with coffee and tea each morning so yes, my bright side of life-my MB allows me feed my love of coffee to room easier. :rolleyes: :joyfull:

Actually, it was probably more of a PITA to carry these around back in the day... ;)

image.jpeg

donaldtoo

Hello everyone, we were up late last night, so I'm on very late today. About 1:20 A.M. hubby passed some of the stone. Thanks for all the pixie dust and prayers. He will go and see if he passed it all. We need another x-ray to determine that. Meanwhile he is still having two beers a day and riding the bicycle. Riding the bike (an indoor bike) seems to have done the trick. :happy:

Pretty sure it was the beer. That's why I've never had a kidney stone. :happy:
'Course, then again, there's the trade off of the friggin' gout...! :eek: :confused: ;) :)

StarWarsGirl

Ha! I'm jealous. My Irish skin needs some color.
Except then makeup becomes an issue.

I literally have four different shades of foundation and concealers depending on the time of year. Have to. I usually wear powder makeup, so I can't mix it like you can with liquid makeup. So I have normal/winter, slightly bronzed, extremely tan, and faded tan. My mom complained about the amount of makeup I brought to Hawaii. Should have just brought the extremely tan because by day 2 I was extremely tan.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
A disney friend of mine posted this on twitter lol

My husband's idea of fine dining..

CecPA0NW8AEIURc.jpg

Gabe1

As sad as I am that the Osborne Lights leaving I not going to be as sad as when they left residential street. Thinking about my Dad and the Christmas we took him and my Mom with us and he pushed my DD through the arch. (ramming people's ankles to move them out of the way so she could see. :cautious: ) We added a week when we were down there to recover from all the extended time. :cyclops: My Sis and her hubby even joined us for Christmas.

house.jpg
Osborne-Family-Spectacle-of-Lights_Full_4750.jpg

Osborne-Family-Spectacle-of-Lights_Full_4744.jpg

DSCN8766_edited.jpg

Gabe1

Except, the Thames (Temz) runs through London, "Engaland"...! ;)

Yeah that English Channel has all sorts of ports with ships often making stops all over the place. I had ships that would load from Both Thames (french Tamise) cross the channel to Calais. While we look at it all very separate in other areas they do glom together.

Gabe1

Except then makeup becomes an issue.

I literally have four different shades of foundation and concealers depending on the time of year. Have to. I usually wear powder makeup, so I can't mix it like you can with liquid makeup. So I have normal/winter, slightly bronzed, extremely tan, and faded tan. My mom complained about the amount of makeup I brought to Hawaii. Should have just brought the extremely tan because by day 2 I was extremely tan.

I'm right there now. I rarely wear more than mascara. Still, when I do I have 3 shades I need. I'm Dark Irish as all my Mom's family is with very dark hair (before the gray took over.) Still I'm at my most pale right now. About a month ago my lightest makeup wasn't even matching. I need some freak'n sunshine. Dang Groundhog. Get 'em @figmentfan423

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom