The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Daveeeeed

It does not happen no matter how much i try to be good or how much walking we do. Never fails the scale tells me I have added pounds after every vacation to WDW.
Suprisingly even with eating I lose a couple of pounds almost every trip to WDW. I do walk a lot though, and I like to jog around the resorts in the morning, so that is probably it too, but still the amount of food!

StarWarsGirl

Suprisingly even with eating I lose a couple of pounds almost every trip to WDW. I do walk a lot though, and I like to jog around the resorts in the morning, so that is probably it too, but still the amount of food!
I lose weight in WDW too just from walking. I also am not a dessert person, so that probably helps too. As far as jogging...
2260cf179708b05b92550b7e2637f581.jpg

Daveeeeed

My brother's spring break starts tomorrow. My aunt in SC, who is raising her granddaughters, is coming up this weekend since their spring break is next week as well.

Mine was last week, but I'm in college.
Mine's the first full week in April. Us Atlanta folks always do things late, but on the bright side less school afterwards!

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm glad it's not just me that thinks it's a bit squidgy. I can't share most things even with my own kids because of germs and such. I'm not a germaphobe, but there are some things that the idea of sharing is gross. But the idea of someone else's child's slobber on my bottle was too much for me!!

I just love this word. As you may have noted I love words like this, need to file this one away. Too funny. :inlove:

Gabe1

Good luck! You don't need it because I know you'll handle it like the mature young lady you are. xoxo

I have real mixed emotions about any collaborative projects. College is so freak'n expensive and a stupid team member can really tank your grade even one tries to pick up the slack. Or a C or a B might be great to some team members but for students like my DD and @StarWarsGirl who are working towards highest honors and likely Grad School where it matters these twits can definitely leave their everlasting mark.

And then there is the plus side that nobody can think through while being aggravated by all the group projects. They really do expose you to what will happen the rest of life. Having to work with and learn how to deal with coworkers that have attitudes or don't pull their weight with group projects. The last thing bosses want to deal with is ragg'n about their co-workers etc. Group projects kinda teach those skills that will be needed in so many careers. So much to loose, so much to gain. No right answers.

Gabe1

Ha! I had a DD too that wasn't into the Princess thing either. She loved most of the Disney Movies but never leaned toward the Princess movies, never had a princess birthday party theme and the only dress up stuff she had Princess is stuff that an older cousin unloaded on her. She leaned more towards the Lady and Tramp, Toy Story type of Disney films. I'm the same way. The Disney Princess movies to me all follow the same overall theme, hardboiled much like the Harlequin Romance novels my Mom use to read when I was small. Predictable. Though I genuinely bond with the side characters
like Olaf and who can't love him?
tumblr_mu62khrLy41rd0rbzo1_500.gif

\

donaldtoo

Us either but the last time it was included. I have to say the attraction photos and the special photos were very nice addition to our own. On a rainy day in the Studios a bored gentleman had fun with us along the entrance store area with our umbrellas. We had fun with him and the photo's were amazing. We likely spent 30 minutes with him in the rain and came away with many priceless photos.

We've opted for it on our last three trips. To us anyway, it has been worth it. We all take plenty (hundreds :confused: ;)) of shots with our iPhones, but the Photopass pics are a great addition.
Plus, we're all a buncha' hams anyway, so we have a plethora (Hefe :D) of great shots...! ;)

image.jpeg

donaldtoo

Shell is still around and many stations are independently operated. There are some nice honest owners and I'm sure there a few scoundrels.

I actually wonder what percentage of gas stations these days are actually Gomer Pyle style, as compared to just all the self serve convenience stores we have these days?
It's got to be beyond low.
Way back in the day, they did everthing there...

"Open the garage bay doors, HAL..." ;)

image.jpeg

donaldtoo

Except I hate parties...:cyclops: I skipped having a HS graduation party actually.

I told them if they're going to do something, keep it small (<10 people). I doubt they'll listen. :rolleyes:

Everyone and anyone can throw me ALL the parties they want for any reason whatsoever. No problem. I just like parties, and don't mind who it's about...! Life is short. Actually, that's an understatement, it's gone like a shot, but, make it a good shot ...! ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom