The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Woof.
That was a nice 14-hr. Day.
One of the partners asked if I could stay late and help him with a design that he has an 8a deadline on tomorrow morning. Made for one looooong day at the office.
But, as a result, he also told me to take tomorrow off, so tomorrow is.....Zero-day Friday...!!!!! :joyfull: :)
Congrats! My dh is doing 12 today to get tomorrow off. Me I get some quiet!

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I actually wonder what percentage of gas stations these days are actually Gomer Pyle style, as compared to just all the self serve convenience stores we have these days?
It's got to be beyond low.
Way back in the day, they did everthing there...

"Open the garage bay doors, HAL..." ;)

View attachment 135117

Nice picture, and I miss the old stations. Back then, the man would come out and check the oil in my parents' car, wash the windshield, and put in gas. That kind of service was STANDARD. Can't stand the way gas stations are now.

Oh, by the way, gas went from 1.79 to 1.89 in the past week (I keep an eye on one station in particular). What's up with that? I'm sure your prices are still ridiculously low, as usual. :cautious:

donaldtoo

Nice picture, and I miss the old stations. Back then, the man would come out and check the oil in my parents' car, wash the windshield, and put in gas. That kind of service was STANDARD. Can't stand the way gas stations are now.

Oh, by the way, gas went from 1.79 to 1.89 in the past week (I keep an eye on one station in particular). What's up with that? I'm sure your prices are still ridiculously low, as usual. :cautious:

Yep, I definitely remember those days, too.
Back then, so many "gas stations" we're one stop automotive shopping...everything from a fill-up to an engine overhaul.
And yes, for the full-service fill-up you never had to leave your car.
Ahhh, the memories...

It's still pretty low here, but has gone from a low of $1.35 to $1.58 in the last few weeks.

Goofyernmost

Yep, I definitely remember those days, too.
Back then, so many "gas stations" we're one stop automotive shopping...everything from a fill-up to an engine overhaul.
And yes, for the full-service fill-up you never had to leave your car.
Ahhh, the memories...

It's still pretty low here, but has gone from a low of $1.35 to $1.58 in the last few weeks.
And just so you know that there is a positive to that... my portfolio, minuscule as it is, went up in value by aprox. $2K in the past 3 weeks. Keep those prices rising folks, it's the only hope I have.

donaldtoo

And just so you know that there is a positive to that... my portfolio, minuscule as it is, went up in value by aprox. $2K in the past 3 weeks. Keep those prices rising folks, it's the only hope I have.

Yep, for reasons you already know, I can understand that. The royalty checks for my folks are gettin' bigger again, but, those checks aren't landing in my mailbox (although my folks are pretty generous around Christmas time :D) and they aren't commuting to a job anymore like I am. ;)
Plus, they were already set for life, so that's all gravy. They worked their beeeeehinds off though, and as far as we're concerned, deserve every penny.
I feel lucky to have had them this low for this long, actually.
The owner of the place just down the road told me he expected it to be up over $2.00 again during the summer.
Good news for you...! ;) :)

MOXOMUMD

Ha! I had a DD too that wasn't into the Princess thing either. She loved most of the Disney Movies but never leaned toward the Princess movies, never had a princess birthday party theme and the only dress up stuff she had Princess is stuff that an older cousin unloaded on her. She leaned more towards the Lady and Tramp, Toy Story type of Disney films. I'm the same way. The Disney Princess movies to me all follow the same overall theme, hardboiled much like the Harlequin Romance novels my Mom use to read when I was small. Predictable. Though I genuinely bond with the side characters
like Olaf and who can't love him?
tumblr_mu62khrLy41rd0rbzo1_500.gif

\
Same here with the Princess thing. My daughter's favorite Disney movies are Nightmare Before Christmas and now Zootopia. The only princess to her is Leia. :joyfull:

betty rose

Because he's just trying to be difficult. I emailed him yesterday to see if he'd be willing to split spring break so he could spend part of Easter Sunday with our daughter and he refused. He said he already made plans to be out of town with her during his scheduled time. But my lawyer says that his refusal will reflect somewhat negatively because it was a reasonable request (even though he made other plans he didn't even consult with me first). He truly has no idea how badly he's making himself look, but that is to my advantage at least.

There's more stupidity as well, but I've already cried my tears over it and just want to put it behind me...I gotta focus on the positive and keep moving forward.
You are strong, and will make it through these really tough times. Pixie dust.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom