The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

Ha! I had a DD too that wasn't into the Princess thing either. She loved most of the Disney Movies but never leaned toward the Princess movies, never had a princess birthday party theme and the only dress up stuff she had Princess is stuff that an older cousin unloaded on her. She leaned more towards the Lady and Tramp, Toy Story type of Disney films. I'm the same way. The Disney Princess movies to me all follow the same overall theme, hardboiled much like the Harlequin Romance novels my Mom use to read when I was small. Predictable. Though I genuinely bond with the side characters
like Olaf and who can't love him?
tumblr_mu62khrLy41rd0rbzo1_500.gif

\
I was the opposite. I loved the Disney princess films as a kid. I had the princess bedroom, princess costumes, the dolls...I still have the artwork and the dolls are all on display. I think that's why the newer films, namely Frozen and Tangled, appealed to me so much (although I watch Tangled mostly for Flinn Rider :D ). The only princess I really don't like is Snow White. I thought she was ugly when I was a kid, and as an adult, her character bothers me. Cinderella and Aurora bother me too, but Cinderella at least tried to change her situation, and Aurora has so little screentime that it's not her fault, and I watch Sleeping Beauty mostly for Merriweather anyway.

Funny thing about Olaf: my dad has never seen Frozen but likes Olaf. He's even picked out Olaf artwork he wants to get when we go back to WDW. He thinks Olaf is funny.

betty rose

Good late morning. I will be taking a long nap today, hubby was up most of the night upchucking. The rest of the stone keeps moving, but not out so far. I'm having trouble getting a beer down him. He is tired of this, I don't blame him. I waited three weeks once to get surgery, that seems like a life time. I did go out and shovel the driveway. This Saturday we are going to get 6 to 10 more inches of snow. We were going to meet the kids for a late lunch on Sunday. It's kind of up in the air at the moment.

betty rose

Nice picture, and I miss the old stations. Back then, the man would come out and check the oil in my parents' car, wash the windshield, and put in gas. That kind of service was STANDARD. Can't stand the way gas stations are now.

Oh, by the way, gas went from 1.79 to 1.89 in the past week (I keep an eye on one station in particular). What's up with that? I'm sure your prices are still ridiculously low, as usual. :cautious:
I remember those days too. It was so nice back then. Why have almost all gone to self serve? I know, it's all about the money. I hate the new normal.:(

Figgy1

Good late morning. I will be taking a long nap today, hubby was up most of the night upchucking. The rest of the stone keeps moving, but not out so far. I'm having trouble getting a beer down him. He is tired of this, I don't blame him. I waited three weeks once to get surgery, that seems like a life time. I did go out and shovel the driveway. This Saturday we are going to get 6 to 10 more inches of snow. We were going to meet the kids for a late lunch on Sunday. It's kind of up in the air at the moment.
Prayers and pixie dust for both you and your dh. You've both had enough of snow and stones so they've both got to go NOW!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom