The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

almost feels like she is doing it on purpose?
We honestly can't tell whether she's stupid, entitled, or both. When we spoke with her and gave her a formal warning, she kept giving us these arguments like, "I have to work. I have to support myself." When she said that, I pointed to the other girl in our group and said, "So does she, but she still manages to do the work for this class." That shut her up really fast. We think she expected us to accommodate her and is now surprised to find out we expected her to take some responsibility.

Cesar R M

I've been there several times. Last time I had a Cesar Salad and soup (I felt really, really horrible; I went back to the room afterward and was running a fever). That was mediocre at best (of course, I was sick). I've had their pizza before, different ones, and wasn't impressed. I can get better pizza two minutes from where I live for a whole lot cheaper (as in a big slice for $2 a piece).

It's not that it's bad, just extremely overrated IMO. It's actually funny because I'm a college student, so pizza is its own food group, and I don't really like Via Nappoli. I just find it overpriced and don't understand why people rave about it. Over $20 for a personal pizza? Don't think so. Much as I love pizza, I don't go to WDW to eat pizza. Especially not in Epcot.
Probably what you say could be easily planted to other people.
Me for example.. we do not have real good pizzas over here. I have to drive all the way to downtown from one side to the other just to get a decent pizza. Still, via Napoli is not for me.
Other restaurants there have nothing on me, because I can eat very good seafood.. and fresh.
Chinese for example are a must when I'm out. (all chinese food here is pretty.. mediocre).

To resume, it all depends from where you are, what you can have and what you cannot.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
One girl, one world, and four parks! I've been to every park today! I am going to watch Star Wars fireworks, and maybe go back to Epcot. Maybe. Right now I'm enjoying a Sam Adams cold snap beer and waiting for my moms favorite at the Tune In Lounge.
image.jpg

Sorry I have already drank (drunk) have of it. @donaldtoo i thought you'd appreciate the beer.

Last edited:

donaldtoo

So when you stayed at the Swan, did you buy your park tickets there, or did you buy them prior to that (via mail or whatever)? I always buy mine at the AAA office (I'm a member up here) prior to my trip, and AAA discounts the ticket price. Also, I hate to wear a MM+ "band" so I prefer the plastic card.

Question: to set up your fastpass plus "account", did you have to buy your Disney ticket (or band) directly from Disney? I'm only asking because I've never set up an account; I've just used the plastic (AAA) card in the parks and used single rider lines on the bigger attractions. So I was just trying to figure out how you'd set up an "account" if you didn't have a band bought directly from Disney (I figure there must be some number, or code. on the band that you use to set up your acct.)

Other than me, you're the only other person on here who has stayed at the Swan, so that's why I'm asking. I was just curious. I probably don't need any sort of account--never had one before.

We used the bands for the first time last month for our 5K trip.
I haven't worn a wrist watch in decades, and never really cared to, but, the band didn't bother me at all. Hardly noticed it. Nobody in our group of 6 had a problem wearing them, either. I did get the blue swirl of death a coupla' times entering EPCOT, but, a CM quickly took care of that. I don't remember any FP+ problems, at all.
The only real problem we had with the bands was we remembered to pack everything for the trip we needed (plus, probably some things we didn't), and then, yep.....you guessed it, forgot to pack the pretty, colorful darn bands...!!! :hilarious:
No major problem really, but, we just all ended up havin' to get gray ones as replacements when we got down there...! :bored: ;) :)

donaldtoo

One girl, one world, and four parks! I've been to every park today! I am going to watch Star Wars fireworks, and maybe go back to Epcot. Maybe. Right now I'm enjoying a Sam Adams cold snap beer and waiting for my moms favorite at the Tune In Lounge.
View attachment 134926

Sorry I have already drank (drunk) have of it. @donaldtoo i thought you'd appreciate the beer.

Hahaaa...!
Yes, thanks, definitely appreciated..! :)
Doin' another closing store closer, so I'll have to wait 'til I get home to have a couple myself..! :hungry:
Glad you're havin' a GREAT time! Thanks again for sharing...!!! :)

Daveeeeed

Now there's a surprise! Not!
To me once they add the three and possibly four new lands to wdw before 2020 I am perfectly fine with keeping the current prices as it is. And Universal just needs a better night show in each park like their own version of a sorta World of Color, or Rivers of Light show. Plus once they open Skull Island: Reign of Kong with maybe at least one spectacular night show (sometime in the future) they will be able to truly split Disney vacations much more. I just really wish Comcast would decide to put 50 million into Dudley Do Right's ripsaw falls, that ride cannot even come close to Splash Mountain, and personally I prefered Journey to Atlantis at SeaWorld although it is much shorter.

Goofyernmost

To me once they add the three and possibly four new lands to wdw before 2020 I am perfectly fine with keeping the current prices as it is. And Universal just needs a better night show in each park like their own version of a sorta World of Color, or Rivers of Light show. Plus once they open Skull Island: Reign of Kong with maybe at least one spectacular night show they will be able to truly split Disney vacations much more.
I happily split them already. In fact, I have since Uni opened up. I always enjoyed the park(s) and the difference between WDW and Uni. Both are a good show, but, for me, right now, Uni. is better.

Daveeeeed

I happily split them already. In fact, I have since Uni opened up. I always enjoyed the park(s) and the difference between WDW and Uni. Both are a good show, but, for me, right now, Uni. is better.
Correct I agree that both are fantastic for what they have, but overhaul imo wdw is better, but a perfect trip is 1 week. two days at mk, and 1 at the rest of the wdw parks and universal studios. What I meant though was many, many people go to Epcot in the evening specifically for Illuminations, same for Fantasmic! so they truly would be able to be compared to wdw by the masses, and there in my mind would be a shorter stay on average at WDW. I guess I am just exaggerating the amount of difference a night show at UOR would make, but it would truly be a magical experience to be topped off with a mind blowing show at the end of the night

Daveeeeed

Just wondering something... does anyone know what this pond + creek is to Space Mountain? Is it just kept for for money reasons? For display? Can something be built on it if they felt like it? Because this would be prime real estate for a new very large e-ticket in a Tomorrowland expansion. Or does it have something to do with water drainage and/or the Utilidors? Thanks!
upload_2016-3-22_22-48-29.png

donaldtoo

Just wondering something... does anyone know what this pond + creek is to Space Mountain? Is it just kept for for money reasons? For display? Can something be built on it if they felt like it? Because this would be prime real estate for a new very large e-ticket in a Tomorrowland expansion. Or does it have something to do with water drainage and/or the Utilidors? Thanks!
View attachment 134965

As far as I know, other than being sculpted and landscaped kinda' nicely in that area, it's just part of the extensive canal, retention/detention, etc., drainage system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom