The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
One girl, one world, and four parks! I've been to every park today! I am going to watch Star Wars fireworks, and maybe go back to Epcot. Maybe. Right now I'm enjoying a Sam Adams cold snap beer and waiting for my moms favorite at the Tune In Lounge.
View attachment 134926

Sorry I have already drank (drunk) have of it. @donaldtoo i thought you'd appreciate the beer.
That sounds like so much fun! My boys want to do that one day during our trip. Me not so much:hilarious:

Goofyernmost

Dont most hotels also have their own bus systems?
One couldn't actually call it a "system". Many, not all, have a small shuttle bus that runs to WDW (TTC) a few times a day on a strict schedule. It is a pain in the butt due to the fact that you have to leave and return at specific times and I have yet to see one that works until park closing. Some will make stops at the 4 parks, but, not all. To get back you have to get a cab (not cheap). With a rental car, touring WDW is really very simple and, in my opinion, much more flexible, without a rental offsite, it is a nightmare.

Songbird76

Oh, it's by no means restricted to your university. I got that attitude a good bit from orchestra members in middle school. Which it got that reputation because a lot of people would play an instrument for a year or two and then switch to chorus, and there were genuinely a lot of people in there who would have been better off in a world music class, but I wasn't one of those people, so I never quite understood why someone who was in chorus and orchestra, including all county choir and chamber orchestra, got that attitude. In college, I haven't really gotten that attitude, but the few instrumentalists I know are like, "You're in chorus? Cool."
I'm surprised you get that attitude, being both an instrumentalist AND vocalist. I played piano in 4th grade, but our teacher left and I never had lessons again until I got to college...I still only know the very basics and I don't even know if I could play all the scales anymore. And I played flute in 6th and 7th grade, but we went through SOOOO many teachers and periods without a teacher that our 7th grade band played like beginners. I think the main problem at college was that vocalists don't have learn key signatures really...the scale is the same no matter what key it's in. So I never learned how to read key signatures until college. I had no idea how far behind I was until Theory class...then I panicked. Instrumentalists have to learn the theory from the beginning, because without that, you can't play in the right key. I only ever learned C major and B flat for flute, and then I quit band. So there's an assumption that vocalists are lazy and don't know much, which...ok, I didn't know much theory, but I learned. But vocalists are considered 2nd class musicians because we don't have the theory base that instrumentalists do. But you are both..,so I can't imagine why you would get that attitude....if anything, you are even more well-rounded than someone who only plays instruments. I wish I had stuck with band or gotten piano lessons again. I'd have been SO much better off in college.

Songbird76

It's not good. Entire management group wants a member out. In the 30 minute car ride home last night, I got 20 messages from the group chat. All about this member and how they want her out. So there was a unanimous vote (minus the group member we want out) for her to leave. So I'm going tomorrow with one other group member to speak to the professor about it.

Not at all good...
EEEK..is this the one who you said you might have to kick her out for not following the group's contract?

Songbird76

The last picture was Via Napoli In the Italy Pavilion in Epcot, it is at the open Kitchen area where the three different wood fire ovens are. I highly recommend you go there at least once in your life. It is phenomenal, and is a great value. Also I highly recommend the Truffle Pizza, it is scrumptious, and a real delicacy.
Thanks! I already have an ADR there for our trip this summer. Excellent!

Songbird76

I want my house phone back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My ds vanished into him room with it and haven't seen him or the phone in over an hour. I've heard it ring a few times and when I say who's calling he yells out it's for me not you:mad::banghead::cautious:
Sympathy like. I remember doing that as a teen. Hard to talk to your friends about boys with your mom listening! Then we convinced my dad to buy us phones and cables to run to our rooms, so we each had a phone in our rooms. There was still the problem of having only one line, but we DID have call waiting. Does your DS have a cell phone?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Sympathy like. I remember doing that as a teen. Hard to talk to your friends about boys with your mom listening! Then we convinced my dad to buy us phones and cables to run to our rooms, so we each had a phone in our rooms. There was still the problem of having only one line, but we DID have call waiting. Does your DS have a cell phone?
It's all girls calling my house:eek: He's getting a cell for his birthday right before we hit the road.

Songbird76

@Songbird76 i know you don't live in Belgium but what it the atmosphere like in your neck of the woods today. So sad. Part of me feels like a jinx the last time I was in wdw the Paris attacks happened. :(
Fortunately we're far enough away from Brussels that it's not TOO bad, BUT there's a definite urgency because we know this isn't the end of it. There were the Paris attacks, the German game that was evacuated right after Paris, and now this, and IS is promising more attacks throughout European cities. So it's kind of inevitable that they will plan something here...probably in Amsterdam or The Hague..possibly Rotterdam. People are sad and worried. We also have a politician here who is anti-Muslim and anti-foreigner in general and he tends to stir things up, so it's making it tense. I imagine with the election going on in the U.S., it's probably similar there. At least as far as the tension going on between parties. But I think the main feeling here is just sadness for the people of Belgium and worry about who/where will be next. Fortunately, I haven't seen anything here with Muslims being threatened or attacked. I live in a neighborhood with a large Muslim population....both my next door neighbors are Muslim, and the kids both have a lot of Muslim kids in their classes and I haven't heard of any of them being bullied. So that's good. In some of the larger cities, there have been problems with riots because of the number of refugees being placed in centers there, but we haven't experienced that where I live. It's about as calm as you can expect it to be after an attack next door, I guess...if that makes sense?

Songbird76

I must be strange because I think it's one of the most overrated locations in WDW. :jawdrop:

*runs and hides*
I've never been there, so have no opinion yet, one way or another...but what I've read is that the Pizza is good, but the pasta isn't their specialty. Have you had the pizza there? What is it you don't like about it? (for research purposes...I like to have all the information...if something isn't very good, I'd like to know what it is so I can avoid it) Have you had anything that was really good?

Songbird76

I've been there several times. Last time I had a Cesar Salad and soup (I felt really, really horrible; I went back to the room afterward and was running a fever). That was mediocre at best (of course, I was sick). I've had their pizza before, different ones, and wasn't impressed. I can get better pizza two minutes from where I live for a whole lot cheaper (as in a big slice for $2 a piece).

It's not that it's bad, just extremely overrated IMO. It's actually funny because I'm a college student, so pizza is its own food group, and I don't really like Via Nappoli. I just find it overpriced and don't understand why people rave about it. Over $20 for a personal pizza? Don't think so. Much as I love pizza, I don't go to WDW to eat pizza. Especially not in Epcot.
Ah...so perhaps it's a bit relative? I live in a place where good pizza is non-existent. So perhaps in comparison, Via Napoli will be fantastic. But since you have good pizza where you live, and not at Disney Prices, it's not something to rave about. I'll be interested to eat there and see. I loved the pizza in New York and Illinois, but pizza in Wyoming is nothing to write home about, and in the Netherlands even less so. I'm looking forward to REAL pizza.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom