The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

BuddyThomas

So I had good news and bad news last week, although all of this falls in the category of first world problems - meaning they are not problems at all - but anyway - just to vent -

The good - I was invited to the opening night of She Loves Me on Broadway.

Love.JPG

However, the bad - Here was the view from my seat -

head.jpg

As I posted on Facebook, my review of the show is that it was very brunette, with an occasional curl.

(For people who were actually able to see the stage, they say it was very good!)

StarWarsGirl

So just a little bit curious as I no longer wear a watch...just how often do you need to know the time in WDW let's say in an hours time? Me unless there is an ADR coming up or a show with a start time, I can go hours without pulling my phone out at WDW to check the time. I guess I pass enough clocks of sort, they are at the start of the attraction and since most attractions have FP+ I guess I tend to see what time it is here and there.
I used to be in the camp of people who never wore a watch. Now I HATE not wearing a watch. I even wore my watch with my MB on the same wrist when I had the splint on pre-hand surgery. I dislike not knowing the time. Sure, I don't check it every second while I'm in WDW, but I like having it on. It's also nice for at the pool and water parks because it's water proof. And there it's not exactly easy to check the time.

Figgy1

I think we are just making reservations at Garden Grill, BOG, Brown Derby and Crystal Palace. Probably doing a lot of feasting and drinking in Epcot for the F&WF. Pretty nervous about staying offsite and getting around for the first time.
Relax! You'll be fine! Just remember you only pay for parking once per day. Save your receipt and you can use it later in the day at any park

Figgy1

For some reason, while this might never happen. I always imagined Madame Adelaide and Edgar from The Aristocats to be an interesting character for guests to meet if they ever became a meetable in the future. While Madame Adelaide doesn't get enough screen time in the film or one of the most memorable Disney characters and Edgar might not be one of the greatest Disney villains. I always imagined Madame Adelaide to resemble Lady Tremaine and would be meeting with her kittens and along with Edgar. At least this idea would fit better at Disneyland Paris if it ever becomes a reality.
How are you feeling? i hope you're doing better every day. xoxo

FutureCEO

I donot like this rumor at all! I liked the movie but I don't need it wrecking my tower.

I loved the movie but if this rumour is true...Disney is going downhill faster than we thought. I say downhill in an imaginative company like how Apple was (so people say Apple was), not profit wise.

Everything doesn't have to be a brand..ie (based on a movie). Splash Mountain is based on a movie, yes, but a movie no one knows about and it's the best ride in all the land.

Songbird76

I hear ya. Definitely have dealt with that before. This semester we have one girl who's like that. Thankfully, the director assigned her mostly to alto, switching to 2nd soprano occasionally, and he put me in soprano, switching to 1st soprano when needed. The director also ocassionally assigns me to a first soprano part on my own (it's a small choir, and he knows I can hold my own on a Soprano 1 harmony). Every time he does, I get a nasty look from her. I have no idea why she thinks she's better than us when she misses a bunch of rehersals.

Back when I did orchestra and chorus, I also had to deal with the common attitude from instrumentalists that singers are beneath them. :banghead::rolleyes:
Huh....I thought that was just a University of Wyoming thing....the attitude that singers aren't "real" musicians. I'll admit, counting is not my strong suit, but I can sight-sing better than my choir director can play a line on the piano. I'm a 1st soprano, so thank goodness I wasn't in the same section as the diva, but I had nearly every class with her and she just had such a horrible attitude. She told one of the other altos that she was actually just a lazy soprano, and it was clearly not a compliment. And she told me that I had no business being a music major if I prefer to sing in a chorus rather than solo. And when she was applying to grad schools, her main criteria was that it be a tiny program so that she would be the "star". When she didn't make Jazz one year, she said it was good because Jazz requires you to blend and she refused to do that...she insisted that her voice be heard over everyone else's. She had a son and when we were in Jazz rehearsal once (this was when she was still in Jazz), she brought him to rehearsal and he was crawling around all over the place. He took my water bottle and started to put it in his mouth, so I took it from him and she told me he could have it...I was like....no, he can't. It's mine, and I don't want him slobbering all over something I have to drink out of. If you want him to have a water bottle, give him YOURS. She was just a nightmare. So anything that reminds me of her is like sandpaper on a sunburn.

Figgy1

Huh....I thought that was just a University of Wyoming thing....the attitude that singers aren't "real" musicians. I'll admit, counting is not my strong suit, but I can sight-sing better than my choir director can play a line on the piano. I'm a 1st soprano, so thank goodness I wasn't in the same section as the diva, but I had nearly every class with her and she just had such a horrible attitude. She told one of the other altos that she was actually just a lazy soprano, and it was clearly not a compliment. And she told me that I had no business being a music major if I prefer to sing in a chorus rather than solo. And when she was applying to grad schools, her main criteria was that it be a tiny program so that she would be the "star". When she didn't make Jazz one year, she said it was good because Jazz requires you to blend and she refused to do that...she insisted that her voice be heard over everyone else's. She had a son and when we were in Jazz rehearsal once (this was when she was still in Jazz), she brought him to rehearsal and he was crawling around all over the place. He took my water bottle and started to put it in his mouth, so I took it from him and she told me he could have it...I was like....no, he can't. It's mine, and I don't want him slobbering all over something I have to drink out of. If you want him to have a water bottle, give him YOURS. She was just a nightmare. So anything that reminds me of her is like sandpaper on a sunburn.
:hungover: I wouldn't want my kids drinking out of somebody else's water bottle:hungover:

Songbird76

I'm still scratching my head on what would made them think it was a good idea.
DHS might be in worse shape than we know and they are starting to lose attendance fast.. so fast that they cant even stop the hemorrhage with frozen or Star Wars.
But what doesn't make sense to me is that it seems that the SWW were hugely popular and a big draw....WHY did they take them away? Star Wars land isn't due to be finished until 2017 or something right? Why take away your biggest draw in the time when you need it MOST, while you are redoing stuff and there's not much to do in that park?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom