The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MinnieM123

Premium Member
In other news, I thought I'd share this with you all: I've been selected for a national honors society called Who's Who Among Students. Apparently, a faculty member nominated me based on my GPA and participation in my college's community, and I was accepted. :happy: Induction ceremony on April 15.

This is . . . EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!!! My goodness, what an amazing honor. And look -- all of your friends have turned out to celebrate your good news!

characters-chip-dale-goofy-mickey-minnie-daisy-donald-pluto-disneyland-1180w-600h-780x440-1439405627.jpg

Songbird76

In other news, I thought I'd share this with you all: I've been selected for a national honors society called Who's Who Among Students. Apparently, a faculty member nominated me based on my GPA and participation in my college's community, and I was accepted. :happy: Induction ceremony on April 15.
Congrats!! I didn't know they did that at the college level, too! I was nominated in High School by my English teacher/speech coach.

Songbird76

I wont have time. I have shopping scheduled for my off days:D
Fair enough. When I was there last, one of the Twilight movies had recently come out. So I HAD to find a theater. I don't even remember where it was, but it must have been on Disney property because we were able to take a bus for free from the theater to the Beach Club I think it was? And walk to Epcot from there. There probably aren't buses to Disney from off property, are there? Anyway, it was a nice theater.

StarWarsGirl

Huh....I thought that was just a University of Wyoming thing....the attitude that singers aren't "real" musicians. I'll admit, counting is not my strong suit, but I can sight-sing better than my choir director can play a line on the piano. I'm a 1st soprano, so thank goodness I wasn't in the same section as the diva, but I had nearly every class with her and she just had such a horrible attitude. She told one of the other altos that she was actually just a lazy soprano, and it was clearly not a compliment. And she told me that I had no business being a music major if I prefer to sing in a chorus rather than solo. And when she was applying to grad schools, her main criteria was that it be a tiny program so that she would be the "star". When she didn't make Jazz one year, she said it was good because Jazz requires you to blend and she refused to do that...she insisted that her voice be heard over everyone else's. She had a son and when we were in Jazz rehearsal once (this was when she was still in Jazz), she brought him to rehearsal and he was crawling around all over the place. He took my water bottle and started to put it in his mouth, so I took it from him and she told me he could have it...I was like....no, he can't. It's mine, and I don't want him slobbering all over something I have to drink out of. If you want him to have a water bottle, give him YOURS. She was just a nightmare. So anything that reminds me of her is like sandpaper on a sunburn.
And they say sopranos are divas...

MouseDreaming

Sorry, I didn't know that, but, I'm glad that it isn't stopping you from enjoying life. I've been incredibly lucky that the abuse I have put my body through all these years, that has still hung in there. No heart problems, but, I do have, COPD and now that pesky Prostate Cancer thing, but, nothing has served to slow me down at this point. I just had blood work done and everything is right in the normal range for everything, even went to a meeting at the Urology area a couple of days ago and the consensus was to just continue monitoring the situation. I'm set up for another biopsy in July, but, the numbers have actually declined, so I'm hoping that I won't have to take any evasive action for awhile yet. You folks sound like you have had a rough winter, maybe spring will be much better when it finally gets here.
Glad to hear you are doing so well!

MouseDreaming

I don't really tan. I go tomato red, blister, peel, and come back white. I'm very fair-skinned. DS takes after me...he's practically albino. There aren't many people as pale as he is. And DD takes after hubby...she goes out for a day, gets a very slight burn and it's a tan by the next day.
OMG we are skin twins! I always say I have 2 colors...red and white.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom