The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

So just a little bit curious as I no longer wear a watch...just how often do you need to know the time in WDW let's say in an hours time? Me unless there is an ADR coming up or a show with a start time, I can go hours without pulling my phone out at WDW to check the time. I guess I pass enough clocks of sort, they are at the start of the attraction and since most attractions have FP+ I guess I tend to see what time it is here and there.
A lot, because I lose track easily when I'm having a lot of fun or trying to resolve a problem.
and having to juggle between food hours (which are different for us Mexicans), the fp+s and special events..
I was actually way worse.. paranoic levels while on universal
because we tried to see as much we could.

littleroo

@littleroo are you going to be making any ADRs this trip? Yes you'll have to make them one day at a time. I suggest 6am by computer
I think we are just making reservations at Garden Grill, BOG, Brown Derby and Crystal Palace. Probably doing a lot of feasting and drinking in Epcot for the F&WF. Pretty nervous about staying offsite and getting around for the first time.

Goofyernmost

randomly WDW is the one place where i go an entire 2 weeks without wearing a watch . Or carrying a phone . . .
If you have FP's or ADR it is one less thing you have to randomly keep track of if you have your phone. It's right there in neat order, the times, the places, etc. Also, my phone takes better quality pictures then any camera I have ever owned. It's easier to download to my computer and just a small item in my pocket.

I am always checking the time, just a lifelong habit, but, I'm lost without my watch even if it is on my phone. Like people feel about the bands, it's easier to just turn my arm a little to see the time, then to pull out my phone to check it.

Last edited:

betty rose

I donot like this rumor at all! I liked the movie but I don't need it wrecking my tower.
Me either, I just found out how much I love it last year. I finally got the courage to ride it. It's the best ride ever in Hollywood Studios, and in all the parks. My dad and I never missed a show of the Twilight Zone, it has a great memory for me. I will cry for weeks, if this goes away. I know, I didn't ride it for years, but dear daughter told me not to, as I have high blood pressure even with meds. I wanted to ride this for years. It's the most fun ride ever. I love Rod Serling......he was my hero in high school! Yes, I'm a geek!

betty rose

I'm hoping it doesn't happen! If it does you fine folks will be bailing me out as I'm going to chain myself to the tower.:D
I'll be right there with you, riding over and over. I just found out I love this ride! Dad and I never missed Rod Serling, he was the best, I loved where his mind went. Everything about that series was wonderful and spooky. I still watch re-runs. They still give me chills.

betty rose

So just a little bit curious as I no longer wear a watch...just how often do you need to know the time in WDW let's say in an hours time? Me unless there is an ADR coming up or a show with a start time, I can go hours without pulling my phone out at WDW to check the time. I guess I pass enough clocks of sort, they are at the start of the attraction and since most attractions have FP+ I guess I tend to see what time it is here and there.
I haven't worn a watch in Disney for years. Hubby does the time check!:confused:;)

betty rose

randomly WDW is the one place where i go an entire 2 weeks without wearing a watch . Or carrying a phone . . .
I'm right there with you. I like not knowing the time or day. I just wait for the bus ticket on the door to tell me it's time depart. I like to live in La La land for ten or so days. I'm never sure anymore how many days, hubby and daughter do all the planning. I love going with the flow, so to speak. Our early February trip had nothing planned, I loved it! It was like old times when we went to Disney. Daughter is a big planner, I like to go with the flow. We do less with the whole family, as I like to take hubby and I off to something not planned.

betty rose

A lot, because I lose track easily when I'm having a lot of fun or trying to resolve a problem.
and having to juggle between food hours (which are different for us Mexicans), the fp+s and special events..
I was actually way worse.. paranoic levels while on universal
because we tried to see as much we could.
I'm so sorry, this sounds stressful. Today, I just go for sun and food. Now, I'm going to have to find good food. Outside of Disney.

betty rose

I think we are just making reservations at Garden Grill, BOG, Brown Derby and Crystal Palace. Probably doing a lot of feasting and drinking in Epcot for the F&WF. Pretty nervous about staying offsite and getting around for the first time.
I love F&W , we always do lunch there. I love to try new things. Hubby, not so much, but he has his favorites, so it works for us.

betty rose

If you have FP's or ADR it is one less thing you have to randomly keep track off if you have your phone. It's right there in neat order, the times, the places, etc. Also, my phone takes better quality pictures then any camera I have ever owned. It's easier to download to my computer and just a small item in my pocket.

I am always checking the time, just a lifelong habit, but, I'm lost without my watch even if it is on my phone. Like people feel about the bands, it's easier to just turn my arm a little to see the time, then to pull out my phone to check it.
I wore a watch all the years I worked. Wanted to see when it was time to go home.:eek::rolleyes: Now, I eat when I'm hungry and go to bed when I'm tired. Everything in between is a bonus, or not.:D:p

betty rose

So many new things for us this trip. We usually go in August. I love trying new things too! Which is your fav?
For food and wine we like the pulled pork slider from Hawaii. It's really good to both of us, so we each have our own. Anything from the Las Halles Bakery is so good. I love the elephant ear, it's half chocolate and half plain. Hubby and I share, I take the plain and he loves the chocolate.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom