The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

My dad is so funny. I called him yesterday to wish him a happy birthday, and we're talking and he asks about all our health, so I started telling him about my hip and he interrupts me with "Aside from all that, your brother might call today. He was going to go shopping with his daughter." That's so my dad!! :rolleyes::p

Figgy1

Premium Member
I remember stumbling upon an old magazine or illustration image which shows various Disney characters crying back when Walt died in 1966. I'm not referring to the crying Mickey Mouse globe but an old black and white image which featured Mickey and other Disney characters crying. If anyone can find it can you let me know? I believe that exact image can be found at the Walt Disney Family Museum when guests hear a tv or radio report announcing Walt's death complete with tribute illustrations.
I remember seeing on Modern Marvels Walt Disney World I wish I could remember where it was printed

StarWarsGirl

Yeah, nasally tone bothers me, but that guttural sound that Shakira has in the back of her throat, that's what I don't like. And to be fair, part of it might be because in college, one of the altos who was a real....not nice person, had that same kind of tone, so I associate that with her. You know how, when someone is really nice and you genuinely like them, their flaws tend to lessen in your eyes...(blinded by love) and how a person who most people think are really good-looking might not at all be good-looking to you if you know they are a jerk (what did I ever see in him???)? I kind of have the same thing with voices, I guess. And this alto was just a complete diva and thought nothing of telling people around her why they weren't as great as she was. I hated her voice, and Shakira's reminds me of it, so that might be why I can't stand it.
I hear ya. Definitely have dealt with that before. This semester we have one girl who's like that. Thankfully, the director assigned her mostly to alto, switching to 2nd soprano occasionally, and he put me in soprano, switching to 1st soprano when needed. The director also ocassionally assigns me to a first soprano part on my own (it's a small choir, and he knows I can hold my own on a Soprano 1 harmony). Every time he does, I get a nasty look from her. I have no idea why she thinks she's better than us when she misses a bunch of rehersals.

Back when I did orchestra and chorus, I also had to deal with the common attitude from instrumentalists that singers are beneath them. :banghead::rolleyes:

Cesar R M

@Cesar R M Having a problem with my computer. It keeps telling me it can't connect to the network, which is my home network. I restart the computer and it works just fine. Any ideas? I've already tried reinstalling the driver software on the network adapter. My Surface and my phone both connect just fine, so I don't think it's the router, although I haven't tried resetting the router.
do you get a yellow triangle constantly? or a red icon in your network icon?
is this wireless or wired?

Cesar R M

While I'm an iPhone gal, I'm hearing the new Samsung S7 Edge has promise when it takes a swim being water resistant. I've actually had 2 phones go for an accidental swim. Oy. Guess beyond the swimming phone it has a much better camera and battery life major upgrade.

Still I don't think I'd be taking underwater pictures with it. :eek:
The camera quality of the Samsung is also far better than the newest Iphone according to a few reviews online.

Cesar R M

Wireless.

No red or yellow triangle, it will just randomly disconnect and then when I tell it to connect, it tells me it can't connect to the network.
try forcing the wireless device to "forget the password" (its an option in windows)
then restart the computer and connect.

Id also recommend you to login to your wireless router and see the system log to see of any errors.
It could be as simple as some interference or just the wireless card finally giving up.
(just like how Ethernet ports usually die slowly by connecting but never stablish a full connection.. aka it says its connected or with a yellow icon and never transfers anything)

StarWarsGirl

try forcing the wireless device to "forget the password" (its an option in windows)
then restart the computer and connect.

Id also recommend you to login to your wireless router and see the system log to see of any errors.
It could be as simple as some interference or just the wireless card finally giving up.
(just like how Ethernet ports usually die slowly by connecting but never stablish a full connection.. aka it says its connected or with a yellow icon and never transfers anything)
Thanks. Will try when I get home tonight.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom