The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Just so you know, Easter (this year) is the earliest it's ever been since the 1800s. It's just particularly early this year, so your usual spring weather may not quite be here yet.

Edit: Found an Easter Sundey on March 27 in 1785, but also there was one in 1932, if my (online) source is correct. It was my sister who mentioned the 1800s to me today on the phone, but I just looked it up and couldn't find March 27 during the 1800s.

Meh, 2005 it was March 27, March 23 2008, 26th in 1989. It is far more rare than April Easters but they do come around more frequently than what your Sis thinks.

StarWarsGirl

While I'm an iPhone gal, I'm hearing the new Samsung S7 Edge has promise when it takes a swim being water resistant. I've actually had 2 phones go for an accidental swim. Oy. Guess beyond the swimming phone it has a much better camera and battery life major upgrade.

Still I don't think I'd be taking underwater pictures with it. :eek:
I thought that if I got a higher-end phone, I would go with an iPhone, but now that I've got a decent Android phone, I'm more than a little in love with Android. Now I think if I ever get a higher-end phone, it's probably going to be an Android. I love how customizable Android is, although for someone less comfortable with technology, I'd recommend the iPhone

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I thought that if I got a higher-end phone, I would go with an iPhone, but now that I've got a decent Android phone, I'm more than a little in love with Android. Now I think if I ever get a higher-end phone, it's probably going to be an Android. I love how customizable Android is, although for someone less comfortable with technology, I'd recommend the iPhone

It took me a long time to join the Smart Phone party. Seriously when I had 2 kids in college and a husband who's salary took a huge hit during our last recession the last thing I needed was an additional bill I didn't HAVE to have. And I'm still not the one to run out and get the newest iPhone, I'm just not that way with most things. But once you upgrade it is a whole new world and I can't imagine going backwards.

Today I launched a senior citizens version of a cell phone. Simple. Pay as you Go type monthly. Large Numbers. Prompts. I added texting to have the option of sending and knowing she would never respond. Sadly I could not remember how to go from numbers to letters on a flip phone when setting the contacts up. OMG what a decade has done. I actually had a flip phone at the turn of the millennium and loved it.
Fit nicely in any pocket but there is no going back now.

Figgy1

Premium Member
My gardens are about 25% of what they use to be, the rest I fill in with the Farmers Market. I tend to grow items now that are even expensive in the summer, herbs and spices in containers and things that are way better taste wise off a vine like Tomatoes and cucumbers.
I only grew lettuce and celery one year. Lettuce is cheap vs how much I spend to water and a pain to wash. My celery just came out too tough. Sometimes I grow sweet peas which take care of themselves and greenbean, which depend on the weather how good or tough they are. I always grow various kinds of peppers too, they tend to be 'spensive.
We don't do bell peppers because we can get them at the farm market at a very good price but we do 2 or 3 types of hot peppers every year. This year I may only do one type so when we get home I can dry them for the winter.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Ha! Time for myself, I'm so being torn in so many directions these days. My Dad WAS doing so well today, they had him for a few days out of theaters and with assistance walked to the restroom. WERE going to transfer him to a rehab center tomorrow. My Mom and Sis went back again late afternoon for his evening feeding. He was talking to my Sis about basketball, as normally as possible and then became totally disorientated etc. His heart rate shot up again. So they called in a Psych nurse practitioner. I don't agree. My gut is it has something to do with that big honk'n blood clot in his heart over sudden mental disorientation. Mixing him being a difficult elderly man, physical reactions to narcotics and a heart condition I think symptoms for other causes are being masked. He passed with flying colors a dementia onset test and passed a psych test over several days. I think they can't figure it all out so they want to transfer him out somewhere anywhere.
Sympathy like. I hope today is better

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom