The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

I WANT I WANT I WANT ONE....tiny problem though....cheetahs

8da8335e90204b6ca8caebd88dbd1134.jpg
Adorable.

betty rose

Ha! Time for myself, I'm so being torn in so many directions these days. My Dad WAS doing so well today, they had him for a few days out of theaters and with assistance walked to the restroom. WERE going to transfer him to a rehab center tomorrow. My Mom and Sis went back again late afternoon for his evening feeding. He was talking to my Sis about basketball, as normally as possible and then became totally disorientated etc. His heart rate shot up again. So they called in a Psych nurse practitioner. I don't agree. My gut is it has something to do with that big honk'n blood clot in his heart over sudden mental disorientation. Mixing him being a difficult elderly man, physical reactions to narcotics and a heart condition I think symptoms for other causes are being masked. He passed with flying colors a dementia onset test and passed a psych test over several days. I think they can't figure it all out so they want to transfer him out somewhere anywhere.
Sorry to read this. I hope he gets the attention to his medical problems, that he needs. It must be so frustrating for you. Prayers for your dad and your family.

Songbird76

I guess I just like that Pop singers exist who don't let their voices get breathy, which drives me nuts.

I just wish Shakira and Adele enunciated a bit more. Sometimes, it's hard to understand what they're saying.
Yeah, nasally tone bothers me, but that guttural sound that Shakira has in the back of her throat, that's what I don't like. And to be fair, part of it might be because in college, one of the altos who was a real....not nice person, had that same kind of tone, so I associate that with her. You know how, when someone is really nice and you genuinely like them, their flaws tend to lessen in your eyes...(blinded by love) and how a person who most people think are really good-looking might not at all be good-looking to you if you know they are a jerk (what did I ever see in him???)? I kind of have the same thing with voices, I guess. And this alto was just a complete diva and thought nothing of telling people around her why they weren't as great as she was. I hated her voice, and Shakira's reminds me of it, so that might be why I can't stand it.

Songbird76

they're, there and their

beer, bare and bear

among others
I think those are the kinds of things that are difficult in any language. For example in Dutch, there are several words for "change" depending on the situation...to change a tire is different from changing clothes, or changing a plan or changing your sheets. Change for a tire is "vervangen" or maybe "verwisselen"...I don't remember which, changing clothes is "omkleden", changing a plan is "veranderen" and changing oil in your car or changing your sheets is "vervrissen". Then you also have "exchange"...to exchange money is "wisselen" and exchange clothes in a store is "omruilen". So 7 different words for basically the same thing...just different situations. And then things like When your movie is over, you have "watched it off", but when you finish a book, you "read it out". I think that's why it's so hard for some people to learn a different language. The rules are always different, so you have to learn 2 sets of rules and how they apply to each language.

Songbird76

Nope but they pop or slide off the band.
Yeah, I looked them up. You also can't wear them over the mickey head...they have to go on the side. So I think I'll pass. It would be convenient in the pool if they were waterproof, but they aren't, and I'll have my phone to tell time when I'm not in the pool, so then I don't need one. Thank you for looking it up for me!

Songbird76

Ha! Time for myself, I'm so being torn in so many directions these days. My Dad WAS doing so well today, they had him for a few days out of theaters and with assistance walked to the restroom. WERE going to transfer him to a rehab center tomorrow. My Mom and Sis went back again late afternoon for his evening feeding. He was talking to my Sis about basketball, as normally as possible and then became totally disorientated etc. His heart rate shot up again. So they called in a Psych nurse practitioner. I don't agree. My gut is it has something to do with that big honk'n blood clot in his heart over sudden mental disorientation. Mixing him being a difficult elderly man, physical reactions to narcotics and a heart condition I think symptoms for other causes are being masked. He passed with flying colors a dementia onset test and passed a psych test over several days. I think they can't figure it all out so they want to transfer him out somewhere anywhere.
I'm so sorry!! Is he in a lot of pain? That can be very disorienting and look like dementia because it's hard to think clearly when you are concentrating on the pain. Poor guy.....it must be frustrating for him, too!

brb1006

I remember stumbling upon an old magazine or illustration image which shows various Disney characters crying back when Walt died in 1966. I'm not referring to the crying Mickey Mouse globe but an old black and white image which featured Mickey and other Disney characters crying. If anyone can find it can you let me know? I believe that exact image can be found at the Walt Disney Family Museum when guests hear a tv or radio report announcing Walt's death complete with tribute illustrations.

Songbird76

I remember stumbling upon an old magazine or illustration image which shows various Disney characters crying back when Walt died in 1966. I'm not referring to the crying Mickey Mouse globe but an old black and white image which featured Mickey and other Disney characters crying. If anyone can find it can you let me know? I believe that exact image can be found at the Walt Disney Family Museum when guests hear a tv or radio report announcing Walt's death complete with tribute illustrations.
ace2ddf25c552feba7f62d3009729cb8.jpg Brooks-Cartoon-001.jpg
Was it one of these?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom