The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good mornin all it's cold. 27 degrees and I'm not happy at all. It's Saturday I got almost no sleep and I have to get everybody moving soon. Tonight's dinner groundhog enchiladas verdes. The snow looks like it's going to miss me but the wind will arrive soon:grumpy::mad::arghh::bawling::coldfeet::cry: That lying critter and all his little buddies are going down into my freezer:D

MinnieM123

Premium Member
marie5.gif

Great news, I'm finally returning home for real this time. I can't wait to finally get a breath of fresh air and get out of that hospital smell and taste. I can finally sleep in my warm bed.
56a.png

Welcome home.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
See, that's something I don't understand. If the card is in your pocket or on a lanyard, how is it less convenient then the MB's. It is a simple motion, reach into ones pocket (or appropriate location) grasp it in ones hand and move it up to the scanner. Not a lot different then raising your arm up and scanning. And you don't get a sweaty wrist from the band or worse for the fashion people... no tan lines.

I wasn't onboard for MB the first trip with them but the MB didn't bug me and it was loose enough that it moved around so I didn't get a tan line. I never really tan too much at the parks to start with. I'm still not overly comfortable with the whole data thing wrapped around my arm but I just try to look past it begrudgingly.

As for card vs band the band kinda just eked out the card. The big plus was a silly one. When I'd get back to my room and had 2 mugs of stuff I could actually open the door without having to put my stuff down, fish out the card, open door pick it back up with the MB and ADA door handles. It even worked through my fleece jacket. A tiny little perk.

As for the motion thing of card vs MB I look at it as simply as a wristwatch or a pocket watch with tan lines and ease. A pocket watch is also a simple motion, isn't sweaty or strange tan lines but the majority of people I've seen over the years seem to opt for the wrist vs pocket.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I wasn't onboard for MB the first trip with them but the MB didn't bug me and it was loose enough that it moved around so I didn't get a tan line. I never really tan too much at the parks to start with. I'm still not overly comfortable with the whole data thing wrapped around my arm but I just try to look past it begrudgingly.

As for card vs band the band kinda just eked out the card. The big plus was a silly one. When I'd get back to my room and had 2 mugs of stuff I could actually open the door without having to put my stuff down, fish out the card, open door pick it back up with the MB and ADA door handles. It even worked through my fleece jacket. A tiny little perk.

As for the motion thing of card vs MB I look at it as simply as a wristwatch or a pocket watch with tan lines and ease. A pocket watch is also a simple motion, isn't sweaty or strange tan lines but the majority of people I've seen over the years seem to opt for the wrist vs pocket.

I thought I would hate the bands too but it is very convenient, especially for the use you mentioned with the door. The only main problem I have with them is that I keep thinking it is a watch and I feel stupid when I look at it for the time! I think they had a slip on watch thing for them, but I don't think I want to purchase that.

Anyway talking about magic bands reminds me....I should put mine on. I waiting to board the plane.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I thought I would hate the bands too but it is very convenient, especially for the use you mentioned with the door. The only main problem I have with them is that I keep thinking it is a watch and I feel stupid when I look at it for the time! I think they had a slip on watch thing for them, but I don't think I want to purchase that.

Anyway talking about magic bands reminds me....I should put mine on. I waiting to board the plane.
Have a nice flight. Was it delayed? I thought you said it was early:oops:

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Have a nice flight. Was it delayed? I thought you said it was early:oops:

My plane is on time, I guess was a little vague on early. It is an 8 am flight but I was here before 5 am. Better early than late! But technically we are a little delayed as the flight crew just showed up ten minutes ago. It snowed this morning, lightly though. But it was unexpected in the amount. The weather guy said it would be trace... It was sticking to the road and really coming down. That is not trace! Any magic band is on and hopefully we will board soon.

image.jpg

Figgy1

Premium Member
My plane is on time, I guess was a little vague on early. It is an 8 am flight but I was here before 5 am. Better early than late! But technically we are a little delayed as the flight crew just showed up ten minutes ago. It snowed this morning, lightly though. But it was unexpected in the amount. The weather guy said it would be trace... It was sticking to the road and really coming down. That is not trace! Any magic band is on and hopefully we will board soon.

View attachment 134497
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get to leave the carp behind very soon.

Goofyernmost

Don't get me wrong... I don't hate them I just do not want to use one. It reminds me of cattle with those numbered tags stapled to their ears. Just one of the herd. I know that sounds like an insult, but, I didn't mean it too, it is just how I internally feel about it. Besides as I said, 'I don't carry things around', the door problem would never be there. :)

I do tan quickly, but, tan lines would never be an issue for me. I was out in the sun yesterday for less then an hour at the driving range and you would swear that I changed race while out there. My sister hates me for that particular talent. ;)

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I'm sorry to hear that. I hope you get to leave the carp behind very soon.

We still haven't taken off, we are an hour delayed. The pilot said the roads were icy and that delayed the crew. Ugh, my hubby drove me in the roads weren't that bad. Maybe the crew should have left earlier. Ok rant over, I wish the plane would finish getting deiced so we could take off!

Figgy1

Premium Member
We still haven't taken off, we are an hour delayed. The pilot said the roads were icy and that delayed the crew. Ugh, my hubby drove me in the roads weren't that bad. Maybe the crew should have left earlier. Ok rant over, I wish the plane would finish getting deiced so we could take off!
Sympathy like. I know it stinks but better safe than sorry. Good luck xoxo

donaldtoo

I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't live without eggs or egg beaters, basically egg whites. It has a lot of protein for seniors, have to always watch cholesterol. Getting along in years, is the pits. Except for senior discounts, none in Disney, but a few in my town.;)

Oh my. I LOVE eggs! :hungry:
Runny, over easy, scrambled, hard boiled, etc.
DWifey, not so much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom