The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MOXOMUMD

See, that's something I don't understand. If the card is in your pocket or on a lanyard, how is it less convenient then the MB's. It is a simple motion, reach into ones pocket (or appropriate location) grasp it in ones hand and move it up to the scanner. Not a lot different then raising your arm up and scanning. And you don't get a sweaty wrist from the band or worse for the fashion people... no tan lines.
I prefer the card to a MB. I'd rather keep it in my pocket. Maybe it's because I hate wearing a watch that I hate the MB.

MOXOMUMD

Well at least we know now that the polar bear had a playmate.

The Cincinnati Zoo said two polar bears breached security Wednesday afternoon, finding themselves in a behind-the-scenes service hallway.

Initial reports indicated that one bear breached security. Zoo officials later clarified that two "curious bears" were involved.

Officials said at no time did the bears pose danger to visitors, but guests were moved indoors as a precaution.
NormOTN_Composition_02.jpg

MOXOMUMD

My favorites are the ones with FAKE pockets. Where it LOOKS like it has a pocket until you try to put something in there and realize it's just decoration and it's sewn shut. What is the point?? If you want it to look like it has a pocket, why not put a REAL pocket in there, that can be used?
That ranks right up there with pants that have zippers that you can unzip to no pocket. :facepalm:

MOXOMUMD

A cane would have been really helpful!!! It is extremely painful and I was afraid if I did Disney, at the rate I am going, I'd need a wheelchair, which is the LAST thing I want to need at Disney! For one, totally not handy, for 2, completely embarrassing because it tends to draw attention, which I hate. And for 3, If I remember correctly, you can't actually bring in a wheelchair, can you? You have to rent a emv or whatever it's called, which is also expensive when you are there for 2 weeks. So I'd rather get this over with now and be able to enjoy Disney with 2 working legs instead of wheels!
You can bring in your own wheelchair. When I broke my ankle I used an ECV so nobody had to push me in a wheelchair in the Florida sun.

Goofyernmost

You can bring in your own wheelchair. When I broke my ankle I used an ECV so nobody had to push me in a wheelchair in the Florida sun.
I almost did the same thing when I injured and had surgery on my leg. I did that in mid-October and had a trip planned with my daughter for late December. By then I was walking, but, with pain and slower then a snail. I was going to get an ECV, but, decided that my leg really hadn't healed enough to stand the riggers of a park visit, so I canceled and they went on their own.

MOXOMUMD

Yes, you can bring your own wheelchair, or scooter or any other safety approved appliance. You do not have to rent it from them at all. You can rent an ecv from a number of reputable places offsite as well. Much cheaper and they will deliver it to your room onsite or offsite.

Here is a link to the Disney requirements for ECV's rented off-site. It's from 2012 and probably still is up to date. There might even be a section here on WDWmagic, but, I didn't have time to look for it. http://allears.net/pl/ecv_faq.htm

Two things... I believe, I could be wrong, that the 5 choices are just about the ones that Disney allows to come on-site to deliver. Also in that information it states that you need to transport it onsite yourself. That pertains to if you are staying offsite. The one that I rented for a friend of mine came in three easy to assemble parts that easily fit in the trunk of my car. It took about 3 minutes to assemble.
You can rent from any ECV company and they will deliver it to your resort. (I used Walker Mobility which isn't one of the five.) The only difference is the Disney five will already have the ECV at your resort when you arrive, it's left with the bellhop, and when you go home you return it to the bellhop. Using a non-Disney five, the company you choose will meet you at your resort an hour (give or take) after you arrive and you have to take possession of it in person. Then when you go home they will come to the resort to pick it up directly from you. Everything else is exactly the same.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom