The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I'm sorry about the diagnosis, it is really painful. I had that in my knee, and walked with a cane for a short time.
A cane would have been really helpful!!! It is extremely painful and I was afraid if I did Disney, at the rate I am going, I'd need a wheelchair, which is the LAST thing I want to need at Disney! For one, totally not handy, for 2, completely embarrassing because it tends to draw attention, which I hate. And for 3, If I remember correctly, you can't actually bring in a wheelchair, can you? You have to rent a emv or whatever it's called, which is also expensive when you are there for 2 weeks. So I'd rather get this over with now and be able to enjoy Disney with 2 working legs instead of wheels!

Figgy1

Premium Member
A cane would have been really helpful!!! It is extremely painful and I was afraid if I did Disney, at the rate I am going, I'd need a wheelchair, which is the LAST thing I want to need at Disney! For one, totally not handy, for 2, completely embarrassing because it tends to draw attention, which I hate. And for 3, If I remember correctly, you can't actually bring in a wheelchair, can you? You have to rent a emv or whatever it's called, which is also expensive when you are there for 2 weeks. So I'd rather get this over with now and be able to enjoy Disney with 2 working legs instead of wheels!
I've seen people in wheelchairs

betty rose

Pixie dust, and good results sent your way! I say it's movie time for you this week-end. And take out food.

Songbird76

Pixie dust, and good results sent your way! I say it's movie time for you this week-end. And take out food.
Unfortunately not. Well...maybe tonight. That hip/bum area is a bit sore, but not too bad. But tomorrow is Techniekdag...It's like...how to explain it...it's a day where a whole bunch of schools and businesses have a kind of fair to get kids interested in science and technology, etc..they each have stands where kids can make something. Like, in October, DD made a lamp out of pieces of pipe and connectors and such, and a solar flower that spins in the sunlight, and both kids made hair gel and bath salts. One year they made alarms, bouncy balls, slime, scrubbing brushes that were battery powered...they've made bridges out of paper and tested how much weight they can bear. There are stations where they can use lego type things to build lamps, fans, and alarms by putting the pieces together in the right circuit, computer operated games where they have to follow instructions to fix the shower that no longer has hot water, or they can design their own bathroom. All sorts of fun things. So that's tomorrow, and then we need to go to my in-laws' so I can do laundry as my machine isn't fixed. I'm hoping they get the part early next week so they can fix it before the long weekend. But I'm not going to be home all weekend. :(

Figgy1

Premium Member
Unfortunately not. Well...maybe tonight. That hip/bum area is a bit sore, but not too bad. But tomorrow is Techniekdag...It's like...how to explain it...it's a day where a whole bunch of schools and businesses have a kind of fair to get kids interested in science and technology, etc..they each have stands where kids can make something. Like, in October, DD made a lamp out of pieces of pipe and connectors and such, and a solar flower that spins in the sunlight, and both kids made hair gel and bath salts. One year they made alarms, bouncy balls, slime, scrubbing brushes that were battery powered...they've made bridges out of paper and tested how much weight they can bear. There are stations where they can use lego type things to build lamps, fans, and alarms by putting the pieces together in the right circuit, computer operated games where they have to follow instructions to fix the shower that no longer has hot water, or they can design their own bathroom. All sorts of fun things. So that's tomorrow, and then we need to go to my in-laws' so I can do laundry as my machine isn't fixed. I'm hoping they get the part early next week so they can fix it before the long weekend. But I'm not going to be home all weekend. :(
Congrats on being able to get your machine fixed

betty rose

Oh, I'm sorry to hear that you don't have time to rest it. The fair sounds like fun though. I always loved going to see what the kids made for science. Have a fun, and hopefully less painful weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom