The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

marie5.gif

Great news, I'm finally returning home for real this time. I can't wait to finally get a breath of fresh air and get out of that hospital smell and taste. I can finally sleep in my warm bed.
56a.png
Yea! You get to break out of that jail. All kidding aside, I'm glad you get to go home to your warm bed. Why are hospitals, kept so cold?

betty rose

betty rose

Oldest DD got back from San Diego yesterday, and this afternoon all 3 kiddos and SonIL headed out for NOLA for the weekend. Picking up my 'lil sis on the way, and hangin' at her place in Lafayette for the night. Having to take an alternate route, as I-10 bridge across the Sabine River is closed due to flooding. Just got an update...they're almost there...!!! :joyfull:
It really is sooooo cool when your kiddos are responsible adults...but, OK time, you can slow down now...! :D :cyclops: ;) :)
Time really does fly, have fun with your adult kids.:happy:

betty rose

Last night of dog sitting. I have to come over and take care of her tomorrow, but her owners will be back tomorrow night. Although I'm genuinely enjoying the dog, I'm ready to be back in my own bed. And I really, really miss my cat, even though I go back home and spend time with her during the day. She can go back to sleeping on top of me tomorrow night.
Nice of you to do the dog sitting, giving up time with your kitty, I'm sure kitty misses you too.

betty rose

I'd like to lose just a few to make up for the few I know I'll gain down there. I know I really have no room to gripe. I just want to make sure I don't have to work too hard to drop anything when we get back. Things are going to be so hectic then, school's going back, hopefully my older ds will have a new program, dh will be home for almost a week bugging me not to mention I will be shivering as it will be quite a bit cooler up here. BTW I do eat chips, salsa and guacamole:hungry:
Me too, and they sound pretty good right now, I haven't made breakfast yet. It's a vanilla berry smoothie, with blueberries.

betty rose

Good morning, @figmentfan 423. We are currently under a winter storm warning, our weather alarm went off a 1:14 AM this morning. We are getting around 12 inches of the nasty stuff. So glad it didn't happen the day we went to the urologist. I hear you may be getting a noreaster. I will hope that it by passes you.:happy:

betty rose

I finally went back to the doctor for my hip and he thinks it's an infected Bursa, so I go back this afternoon for a shot and then, hopefully, that will be the end of it. I can get back to my workout regime for Disney and finally lose some weight! I really hope he's right this time about what it is.
I'm sorry about the diagnosis, it is really painful. I had that in my knee, and walked with a cane for a short time.

Figgy1

Good morning, @figmentfan 423. We are currently under a winter storm warning, our weather alarm went off a 1:14 AM this morning. We are getting around 12 inches of the nasty stuff. So glad it didn't happen the day we went to the urologist. I hear you may be getting a noreaster. I will hope that it by passes you.:happy:
I saw that on the news this morning, I'm sorry you're going to get hit again:mad::mad::mad: The good news is I may not get hit and if I do it will amount to nothing. I'm keeping my fingers crossed and I put up some pretty large blowers so it goes to @MinnieM123

Songbird76

In less than 24 hours I will be boarding a flight for WDW! I hope work goes quick today, I am going to be as unfocused as the kids! :joyfull: In honor of the NCAA tournament we are having comfy clothes sports day, so I get to wear my college sweatpants and a hoodie! So at least I will be unfocused in comfort!
Have so so so much fun!!! How long are you going this time?

Songbird76

Ahhh, that makes sense.
And yes, chips and guacamole aren't exactly fat-free.
I LOVE avocados/guacamole!
I eat em' pretty much just as they are, quite often. Cut 'em in half, take out the pit, and scoop out the halves. Plop 'em on a plate, add a little salt and black pepper, and voila! Good stuff...! :)
I'm not an avocado fan, but I didn't know you can actually eat the seeds! I saw a video just the other day on how to prepare them, and I guess you bake them to get the outer shell off, then slice the inside seed into smaller pieces and put it through a blender and you add it to things like smoothies or yogurt for extra antioxidants, etc.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom