The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

93boomer

Premium Member
Good morning all!! It is a tad bit cooler this morning-46. Our heat is on for the first time in awhile. We were already in the 60s yesterday at this time. We hit 80 yesterday! It was so nice. Now our temps are heading down for the weekend :mad:
Everyone have a fun and safe St. Patty's Day! I have a dental appointment this morning:D

Figgy1

Premium Member
marie6.gif

Great morning friends, today I'm finally returning home later today. I just finally got my IV taken out of my arm two hours ago and even my doctor confirmed I will be leaving the hospital later today. But I will still have to take it slowly by eating certain foods but In will also be very glass to see my home again after all these days.
marie5.gif
Congrats but I'm going to miss all the great Marie pics.

Figgy1

Premium Member
Good morning all!! It is a tad bit cooler this morning-46. Our heat is on for the first time in awhile. We were already in the 60s yesterday at this time. We hit 80 yesterday! It was so nice. Now our temps are heading down for the weekend :mad:
Everyone have a fun and safe St. Patty's Day! I have a dental appointment this morning:D
Good luck

Songbird76

Morning everyone, its currently my third day in the hospital and it won't be returning home today. However I'm feeling much better today, so far no blood tests have been taken yet and I started to eat some more of my break fest today. But I'm also starting to gain my appetite back and I'm starting to feel like I want to eat a burrito with meat all of a sudden now.
It sucks you couldn't go home, but would they let you eat regular food now?

Songbird76

Yellow for me and Gray for DH. I wanted purple but it was too late! :(
I didn't think Purple was one of the available colors yet...I read you can BUY purple, but it's not one of the colors you can choose for the free one you get if you are staying in the resorts.

Edited to add:
@93boomer , you have MADE MY DAY!!! I have been holding off on customizing our magic bands in the hope that purple would become a free option. It wasn't when I looked just a few weeks ago. But when you said you were too late, I decided to look, and sure enough it is! Thank you so much for drawing my attention to it! My daughter is going to be ecstatic!!!

Last edited:

Songbird76

I've never liked beer, and hubby doesn't either, so we were at a loss to figure out which one he could tolerate.
Can he mix it with juice? I know people who mix it with apple juice, though that might be just white beer.....I don't know. And I've heard of mixing it with tomato juice. I don't like beer either, so I can't really give advice. Sorry!

Songbird76

I was in that anti Uni camp for a long time. Many will not let go of what Uni-Orlando once was and that is OK but IMO they are missing a nice resort holding onto that. I equate it those who hated AK as much as I did initially and they still refuse to even go back for a few hours to enjoy the bit the park has to offer that might interest them.

Now where is that LET IT GO image?
I'm actually pretty excited that we're going to get to do AK this time. I've never been there before because we've always only had a few days of base tickets, and there was so much I wanted to see in Epcot and MK that AK just didn't make the list. It seemed like a big zoo to me, and I can go to the zoo anywhere. We spent one day at HS on our honeymoon, but weren't too impressed with it. So now that we have 2 weeks of tickets, I'm really happy we'll actually get to explore everything we want! I've read that a lot of people don't like AK so it never bothered me that we haven't been there, but now we can finally go and see what it's all about!

Songbird76

My home is rattling big time. I went and fetched several things down the block that belonged to me. I had a huge tarp from who knows where wrapped around my picket fence up front.

Hear it won't settle down 'till after dark. We did OK with the storm last night. There seemed to be a little split in the Orange Red Yellow blobs that tamed it for us a little bit. I keep watching my huge tree in the back yard wave at me. Unnerving.
How are you faring? Are you ok?

Songbird76

Man I'm having a horrible day with allergies. It's the nicest day we've had yet this year, so that might be why, but at lunch my daughter asked me what is wrong with my right eye as it's half swollen shut. I finally broke out the allergy pills today!!
On a positive note, I tried Broad Beans for the first time ever last night and they were soooo good! I ate a ton of them! They were in a light curry sauce...very good! @figmentfan423 are the farmers markets open again? Our grocery store has a deal again this year where, for every 15 euros you spend, you get a free seed packet thing to grow your own vegetables and herbs. They have about 20 different ones. We've gotten watermelon, green beans, peas, basil, red beets, spinach, carrot, a TON of Broccoli ones, zucchini, carrot, pickle, mixed salad....those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. But it made me think of you. Do you ever grow your own veg?

Songbird76

I have a lot of friends on different art sites, and they all complain about this.
Its like they(the designers) want the shorts to "show" the female figure even if that means ZERO real pockets.

Clothing for women almost have zero or tiny pockets. Its like they expect all the girls or women to not be active and carry a full sized purse all the time.
My favorites are the ones with FAKE pockets. Where it LOOKS like it has a pocket until you try to put something in there and realize it's just decoration and it's sewn shut. What is the point?? If you want it to look like it has a pocket, why not put a REAL pocket in there, that can be used?

Figgy1

Premium Member
Man I'm having a horrible day with allergies. It's the nicest day we've had yet this year, so that might be why, but at lunch my daughter asked me what is wrong with my right eye as it's half swollen shut. I finally broke out the allergy pills today!!
On a positive note, I tried Broad Beans for the first time ever last night and they were soooo good! I ate a ton of them! They were in a light curry sauce...very good! @figmentfan423 are the farmers markets open again? Our grocery store has a deal again this year where, for every 15 euros you spend, you get a free seed packet thing to grow your own vegetables and herbs. They have about 20 different ones. We've gotten watermelon, green beans, peas, basil, red beets, spinach, carrot, a TON of Broccoli ones, zucchini, carrot, pickle, mixed salad....those are the ones I can remember off the top of my head. But it made me think of you. Do you ever grow your own veg?
our farm markets open sometime in May depending on the weather. As for my garden tomatoes, squash, peas,, kale, chard, dill, thyme, oregano. mint, eggplant, green beans and a few other odds and ends go in. But this year we're scaling back a bit as we won't be home for most of August and don't want anything to go to waste. Most likely it will just be the herbs, greens and squash

Songbird76

I'm the same way. I lean towards wine. I always have the wine with the least amount of alcohol by volume. I can drink more and not fall down. I learned a great deal when restaurants started putting the alcohol content on the menus. Can't belive that wasn't the practice before with DUIs and all before. I was very surprised the great difference in wines and beers. Then I look at all the alcohol in some of the custom Disney offerings and wooba, guests have to be driving out of the parks feeling pretty happy. :eek:
I would hope they aren't driving if they've had drinks!!! I've never had an alcholic drink in Disney before. I have one on my list for this time to try, though. But I won't be driving.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom