The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yeah, I'm in the same camp as you. I'd probably enjoy the Marvel stuff, the Men in Black attraction, and of course, Shrek. But the Potter stuff just actually turns me off. Of course I'm sure I'm the minority. The Walking Dead thing they're doing is actually the biggest turnoff for me, though. Worse than Potter. Whereas I love basically everything Disney does. I'm not opposed to trying Uni, but no rush.

A friend of my mom's stopped by yesterday. Her family apparently went to Uni and hated it. I mean, she ranted so much about it that I was like :jawdrop:. I mean, not one positive thing to say about it. She hadn't been there in a long tine, hated the Harry Potter stuff, and hated that they took down some of the other attractions in favor of Potter. She said, "We should have just gone to Disney. Universal was terrible!" I was just kind of like:

View attachment 134339

Yeah, I agree with the Wow. I just can't imagine anyone hating it like that. It is an amazing park that doesn't pretend to be Disney. I can't even wrap my brain around anyone hating Potter. I'm not a fan of the books or the movies, not my thing whatsoever but there is so much to appreciate in the overall theming and details along with the interaction. Funny many are Disney Imagineers that designed the 1.0 and 2.0 that were let go when Disney went into their coast on what we have mode. I look at how many areas of Disney declined over the past decade and Uni boomed utilizing Disney's casted off imagineers and can't begin to wrap my brain around the ranting hatred. I do think that many go into hating it. I saw that with my next door neighbor having to take his family to Disney World. He hated it so much they stayed 3 days out of an 8 night stay and came home.

Gabe1

Good morning, everyone! Made it through the storms, and now just trying to make it through the wind gusts. Of course, it is garbage day. :p Really do not feel like chasing down my recyclables through the neighborhood. How are you doing @Gabe1 ? I feel like I am going to be Dorothy's neighbor soon!

How did you survive this afternoon and evening. Crazy here.

Gabe1

I had a strawberry banana yogurt one last night! Delish!

Funny thing about Probiotics with some people. They have the opposite effect on some people. Both my husband and daughter had digestive issues and tried them. They both reacted the same way within 2 weekz. Horrid stomach cramps and issues with the digestive tract. My husband recovered from the bad reaction fairly quickly within a few weeks. My DD almost an entire year in High School. As we began to research the negative side we feared the worst for her. It did correct but it was a very long year.

Lessoned learned was research better, know the warning sides. We didn't and it wasn't pretty.

Gabe1

I've never liked beer, and hubby doesn't either, so we were at a loss to figure out which one he could tolerate.

I'm willfully behind. Mayacoupa. But why are you trying to find a beer he can tolerate?

I hate beer. Can't stand the smell of it. So many more delicious things to indulge in no need to try to an acceptable beer. :p

Gabe1

I'm such a light weight, it is probably a good thing for me.:oops:

I'm the same way. I lean towards wine. I always have the wine with the least amount of alcohol by volume. I can drink more and not fall down. I learned a great deal when restaurants started putting the alcohol content on the menus. Can't belive that wasn't the practice before with DUIs and all before. I was very surprised the great difference in wines and beers. Then I look at all the alcohol in some of the custom Disney offerings and wooba, guests have to be driving out of the parks feeling pretty happy. :eek:

Gabe1

Inside the park the food seems to be.. of similar levels.
seems way cheaper right outside the park (aka in citywalk)

One meal at the Portifino and we ate either take out at the general store for breakfast or at Citywalks/Parks. It greatly varied but yes on average the food was far more reasonable than Disney. Not cheap but not Disney prices.

Gabe1

problem is that this ferry is unsuitabke for the route and has been plagued by problems since the second day it entered service ( crashed docking in our harbour) . We have no other ferry options and no way of getting rid of the company easy ( our government signed a naff agreement with the company).

Dear Lord. What is with Governmental bodies that speak on behalf of the public? We have this issue with 2 airports in Chicago that signed a very long term contract with Wifi access for patrons in their airports. The charges are beyond unreasonable and the service is horrid. No need for the vendor to fix cause the contract was excellent for the vendor. A major embarrassment for a major international airport. Can't believe city leaders could be so gullible.

Gabe1

THNX we never buy photopass. But seeing it's included we might as well use it.

Us either but the last time it was included. I have to say the attraction photos and the special photos were very nice addition to our own. On a rainy day in the Studios a bored gentleman had fun with us along the entrance store area with our umbrellas. We had fun with him and the photo's were amazing. We likely spent 30 minutes with him in the rain and came away with many priceless photos.

Cesar R M

Yeah, I'm in the same camp as you. I'd probably enjoy the Marvel stuff, the Men in Black attraction, and of course, Shrek. But the Potter stuff just actually turns me off. Of course I'm sure I'm the minority. The Walking Dead thing they're doing is actually the biggest turnoff for me, though. Worse than Potter. Whereas I love basically everything Disney does. I'm not opposed to trying Uni, but no rush.

A friend of my mom's stopped by yesterday. Her family apparently went to Uni and hated it. I mean, she ranted so much about it that I was like :jawdrop:. I mean, not one positive thing to say about it. She hadn't been there in a long tine, hated the Harry Potter stuff, and hated that they took down some of the other attractions in favor of Potter. She said, "We should have just gone to Disney. Universal was terrible!" I was just kind of like:

View attachment 134339
Seems like she had her choices and opinions on Uni even before going there.
I went there with open eyes and yes, Universal is flawed, but the Harry Potter areas are fantastic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom