The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Goofyernmost

Uhmmm, that's not how that works.
That's not how any of that works.

;)
Sure it is you just want your total of 6.4% all at one time. The alcohol is in you whether you take in two gulps or one. You just have to go to the restroom more often, but, after a few, you will be staggering there either way. :hungover:

Cesar R M

Because you're a man. Let me give you a little lesson on women...or women's clothing, shall we say. You see, Men's clothing generally have nice big pockets. You all stick your wallet in your pants and know it will be there. Sometimes your shirts have pockets, so you can stick your card in your shirt pocket.

Now women...a lot of our clothes have small pockets. Sometimes, our phones can't even fit in our pockets. When I used to have a card (or when I'm vacationing someplace other than WDW) I could keep my key in my back pocket if it buttoned shut. If not, it had to go in my purse. I lost a few out of my back pockets. Then, you go into your purse, so you then dig for your wallet. Once you get your wallet out from under everything that you carry in your purse, then you have to get into it. It sometimes has a zipper on it, which makes your cards more secure, but it makes it harder to get everything out. Now imagine fishing for your card in the middle of a rainstorm...and that is why MBs are easier.

Now men...idk, they have no excuse. :joyfull:
I have a lot of friends on different art sites, and they all complain about this.
Its like they(the designers) want the shorts to "show" the female figure even if that means ZERO real pockets.

Clothing for women almost have zero or tiny pockets. Its like they expect all the girls or women to not be active and carry a full sized purse all the time.

StarWarsGirl

Solution... buy some clothing with bigger pockets. WDW isn't exactly a catwalk situation. No one is looking. I'd have a sex change operation before I carried a purse around with me, seriously. I believe I mentioned how much I hate carrying anything when I'm walking around. Or get a lanyard. You don't even have to take it out to make it work. The band wouldn't really bother me because I wear a wrist watch all the time anyway, but, I find the card easier and I don't have to accidentally worry about it falling off when I'm not paying attention.
Buying clothes with bigger pockets isn't always an option. Ya buy what fits. I'm pretty sure when I lost my keys on previous trips, they fell out on rides. I'm not worried about being pick pocketed.

Hey, if you don't wanna wear one, go with it. I, and others, find them convenient. :)

StarWarsGirl

I have a lot of friends on different art sites, and they all complain about this.
Its like they(the designers) want the shorts to "show" the female figure even if that means ZERO real pockets.

Clothing for women almost have zero or tiny pockets. Its like they expect all the girls or women to not be active and carry a full sized purse all the time.
Yep. I have a carrying case for my phone that goes around my body for that reason. I bought a bunch of new jeans recently. One style (I bought two different styles and multiple pairs per style...illustrates how hard jeans shopping is) has such small pockets that my phone fell out just walking around the house. The other style has nice deep pockets and the back pockets shut, so I could potentially put a card there (although knowing me I'd wash the jeans with the card still there). The others...not so much. In Hawaii, if I was doing more than just running downstairs for something, card had to go into the wallet. My dad was pretty insistent on it for my mom and me. My brother carries a bag, so his usually went in there.

brb1006

This brb1006 signing out for the night. Goodnight everybody.
marie.gif

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I'm ani-Uni just because I don't care about any characters connected to their rides. So it all just seems like a waste of time to me. I think if I cared about the storylines of their attractions I would feel differently. From what I remember (I went years ago) and from what I have seen of Universal it seems like a decent place and I can see why people would want to go there. I do like that they have a Margaritaville in the City Walk, I have enjoyed going there.

I've heard that from several people. Me I find Minions a hoot, Men in Black attraction is so much fun if you've seen the movie or not, and Potter knowing the story or not is just beyond amazing imagineering, the details rival just about any thing Disney has put in over the last decade, the Holy Rock formations alone trump FLE. I put the storyline in perspective with my love of Splash Mountain as an attraction. Do I condone Song of the South storyline, well no but boy I do love the attraction. I am actually surprised Disney went with Song of The South in the Era Splash went up in the MK and at the same time they also built Dixie Landings with the Colonel and all. We had stayed at the FQ then PO prior to the opening of Dixie and the next year stayed at Dixie. I was rather surprised at the storyline of Dixie but genuinely loved our stays at that resort despite the backstory line of the resort. It is just how I get past some of the stuff.

Gabe1

We have a lot of wind today too, I stepped outside at lunch and it knocked me over a little and I'm not a lightweight either!

It got really bad here this afternoon. In some areas Christmas Trees ripped out of the ground whole, trees snapped at base of trunks. I have a metal owl attacked to the wood of my home by the front door, he isn't attached anymore. Walt's outdoor beds were down the street. My political sign departed, the primary was yesterday so nature removed it for me. We had sideways hail this afternoon. Much of my stuff outside is rearranged but tomorrow I will go see what's what out there. Crazy for March, this is really April May kinda storms.

Gabe1

Well at least we know now that the polar bear had a playmate.

The Cincinnati Zoo said two polar bears breached security Wednesday afternoon, finding themselves in a behind-the-scenes service hallway.

Initial reports indicated that one bear breached security. Zoo officials later clarified that two "curious bears" were involved.

Officials said at no time did the bears pose danger to visitors, but guests were moved indoors as a precaution.

StarWarsGirl

I'm ani-Uni just because I don't care about any characters connected to their rides. So it all just seems like a waste of time to me. I think if I cared about the storylines of their attractions I would feel differently. From what I remember (I went years ago) and from what I have seen of Universal it seems like a decent place and I can see why people would want to go there. I do like that they have a Margaritaville in the City Walk, I have enjoyed going there.
Yeah, I'm in the same camp as you. I'd probably enjoy the Marvel stuff, the Men in Black attraction, and of course, Shrek. But the Potter stuff just actually turns me off. Of course I'm sure I'm the minority. The Walking Dead thing they're doing is actually the biggest turnoff for me, though. Worse than Potter. Whereas I love basically everything Disney does. I'm not opposed to trying Uni, but no rush.

A friend of my mom's stopped by yesterday. Her family apparently went to Uni and hated it. I mean, she ranted so much about it that I was like :jawdrop:. I mean, not one positive thing to say about it. She hadn't been there in a long tine, hated the Harry Potter stuff, and hated that they took down some of the other attractions in favor of Potter. She said, "We should have just gone to Disney. Universal was terrible!" I was just kind of like:

1321596846094373412.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom