The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Cesar R M

No, they don't. They are cats; they should be cats. Cats don't wear clothing
Doesn't mean I've never put bracelets on my cat's head or done other weird things with her...

Speaking of cats, the one at the house is adjusting to me a bit more. I decided that I'm not going to even attempt to pet her. She just seems like she's in too much pain to handle a stranger, who is staying at her house, touching her, so I don't touch her. I don't even reach out my hand to her. When I go downstairs to clean her litter box, she comes over and meows at me. I bring the treats with me downstairs, and she'll come up for the treats. Yesterday, I tossed the first two a few feet from her, but then made her take the third one from me, which she did, and then I left. No hissing at all from her. Also been staying upstairs to give her space. She seems okay for now. I'll just let her owners know she appears to be in a lot of pain.
pain as in emotional or pain as in physical?

StarWarsGirl

Sympathy like. i was hoping the situation had improved.
The marketing group situation is okay; I don't particularly like any of my group members; I just find them all to be completely immature and not as smart as any of them think that they are, but we'll make it through the semester. The management group, well, today, in between dealing with the car and being at the dentist, I've been dealing with the group today. One of the group members is on a very short leash; we are very close to issuing her a warning, and per the terms of the team contract, she only gets two; if she gets to three, the team can consider kicking her out (which we are allowed to do in this class). One of my other group members is also a drama queen, and she's all worried about this, so my other original team member and I basically are handling it and telling her about it later.

Cannot wait for this all to be over...

StarWarsGirl

pain as in emotional or pain as in physical?
I think physical. She's not moving normally. When I pet her, she would be perfectly happy one second and then turn on me the next second. Not normal. Her fur also feels like she's not grooming properly. I just give her treats without petting her and tell her she's a good kitty and that I know she doesn't feel good; then I leave her alone.

Cesar R M

I have a crazy story about needing a new tire for a friends car, going from Indiana to Florida. She had an old junker of a car, she blew a tire on the way. We stopped at a Shell Station to get another tire. We all chipped in for the "new" tire. We went about five miles down the road, and the tire went flat. It turned out they soled her a retread, and charged for a new tire. We never went to a Shell station, after that.
isnt that pretty much a fraud?

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
My home is rattling big time. I went and fetched several things down the block that belonged to me. I had a huge tarp from who knows where wrapped around my picket fence up front.

Hear it won't settle down 'till after dark. We did OK with the storm last night. There seemed to be a little split in the Orange Red Yellow blobs that tamed it for us a little bit. I keep watching my huge tree in the back yard wave at me. Unnerving.

We have a lot of wind today too, I stepped outside at lunch and it knocked me over a little and I'm not a lightweight either!

Goofyernmost

Sorry about that. Your RFID cards will work, but I understand. MBs are convenient.
See, that's something I don't understand. If the card is in your pocket or on a lanyard, how is it less convenient then the MB's. It is a simple motion, reach into ones pocket (or appropriate location) grasp it in ones hand and move it up to the scanner. Not a lot different then raising your arm up and scanning. And you don't get a sweaty wrist from the band or worse for the fashion people... no tan lines.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I was in that anti Uni camp for a long time. Many will not let go of what Uni-Orlando once was and that is OK but IMO they are missing a nice resort holding onto that. I equate it those who hated AK as much as I did initially and they still refuse to even go back for a few hours to enjoy the bit the park has to offer that might interest them.

Now where is that LET IT GO image?

I'm ani-Uni just because I don't care about any characters connected to their rides. So it all just seems like a waste of time to me. I think if I cared about the storylines of their attractions I would feel differently. From what I remember (I went years ago) and from what I have seen of Universal it seems like a decent place and I can see why people would want to go there. I do like that they have a Margaritaville in the City Walk, I have enjoyed going there.

MOXOMUMD

My home is rattling big time. I went and fetched several things down the block that belonged to me. I had a huge tarp from who knows where wrapped around my picket fence up front.

Hear it won't settle down 'till after dark. We did OK with the storm last night. There seemed to be a little split in the Orange Red Yellow blobs that tamed it for us a little bit. I keep watching my huge tree in the back yard wave at me. Unnerving.
We have had it bad today too. Power out most of the day. Then cable on and off. :grumpy: Not happy!

Cesar R M

problem is that this ferry is unsuitabke for the route and has been plagued by problems since the second day it entered service ( crashed docking in our harbour) . We have no other ferry options and no way of getting rid of the company easy ( our government signed a naff agreement with the company).
well if the ship is unsuitable, wouldnt that render the contract void?

brb1006

marie2.gif

Goods evening everyone, it's currently my third night in the hospital. I decided to eat some turkey sandwitch, lettuce, and chicken noodle soup and strawberry ice cream. I took three pills each to help my stomach heel up. To kill to the time, I decided to read the original version of Pinocchio this evening and I'm currently on chapter 4. Talk to you guys later.

ShoalFox

In the Parks
Yes
marie2.gif

Goods evening everyone, it's currently my third night in the hospital. I decided to eat some turkey sandwitch, lettuce, and chicken noodle soup and strawberry ice cream. I took three pills each to help my stomach heel up. To kill to the time, I decided to read the original version of Pinocchio this evening and I'm currently on chapter 4. Talk to you guys later.
Tell us how the book is when you're done, alright?

MinnieM123

Premium Member
See, that's something I don't understand. If the card is in your pocket or on a lanyard, how is it less convenient then the MB's. It is a simple motion, reach into ones pocket (or appropriate location) grasp it in ones hand and move it up to the scanner. Not a lot different then raising your arm up and scanning. And you don't get a sweaty wrist from the band or worse for the fashion people... no tan lines.

I think it's nice that there is an option. Personally, I'd never wear one of those bands, but it's fun to see how happy some people get when they receive them in the mail. I far prefer the plastic card because it's so slim, and fits nicely in my tiny purse that I take with me, when I'm in the parks. (Also, I get the AAA discount price for my park tickets, buying them up here prior to arriving at WDW. AAA does not carry the bands, only the plastic cards.)

StarWarsGirl

Because you're a man. Let me give you a little lesson on women...or women's clothing, shall we say. You see, Men's clothing generally have nice big pockets. You all stick your wallet in your pants and know it will be there. Sometimes your shirts have pockets, so you can stick your card in your shirt pocket.

Now women...a lot of our clothes have small pockets. Sometimes, our phones can't even fit in our pockets. When I used to have a card (or when I'm vacationing someplace other than WDW) I could keep my key in my back pocket if it buttoned shut. If not, it had to go in my purse. I lost a few out of my back pockets. Then, you go into your purse, so you then dig for your wallet. Once you get your wallet out from under everything that you carry in your purse, then you have to get into it. It sometimes has a zipper on it, which makes your cards more secure, but it makes it harder to get everything out. Now imagine fishing for your card in the middle of a rainstorm...and that is why MBs are easier.

Now men...idk, they have no excuse. :joyfull:

Wrangler-Rick

Just Horsing Around…
Premium Member

Goofyernmost

Because you're a man. Let me give you a little lesson on women...or women's clothing, shall we say. You see, Men's clothing generally have nice big pockets. You all stick your wallet in your pants and know it will be there. Sometimes your shirts have pockets, so you can stick your card in your shirt pocket.

Now women...a lot of our clothes have small pockets. Sometimes, our phones can't even fit in our pockets. When I used to have a card (or when I'm vacationing someplace other than WDW) I could keep my key in my back pocket if it buttoned shut. If not, it had to go in my purse. I lost a few out of my back pockets. Then, you go into your purse, so you then dig for your wallet. Once you get your wallet out from under everything that you carry in your purse, then you have to get into it. It sometimes has a zipper on it, which makes your cards more secure, but it makes it harder to get everything out. Now imagine fishing for your card in the middle of a rainstorm...and that is why MBs are easier.

Now men...idk, they have no excuse. :joyfull:
Solution... buy some clothing with bigger pockets. WDW isn't exactly a catwalk situation. No one is looking. I'd have a sex change operation before I carried a purse around with me, seriously. I believe I mentioned how much I hate carrying anything when I'm walking around. Or get a lanyard. You don't even have to take it out to make it work. The band wouldn't really bother me because I wear a wrist watch all the time anyway, but, I find the card easier and I don't have to accidentally worry about it falling off when I'm not paying attention.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom