The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

donaldtoo

marie1.gif

Hey guys, so far I feel much better now. It's getting dark at the hospital right now but I finally gotten to eat today. I decided to eat some white turkey and mashed potatoes. My stomach while a little sore is is much better shape today that it was over the past Two and a half wheeks. I heard I might return home tommorow hopefully it I look much better since my ski was mostly pale over the past few days but is starting to regain its color back thanks to eating. I'm also starting to get my apetite back and I been thinking about burritos with tasty meat and hamburgers all day. Maybe when I get even more better I might have some when I return home. That's all for now, I will give you more updates later tonight or tommorow.
marie.gif

Glad to hear you're feeling much better...! :)

Last edited:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Yep...it starts young. DD was exactly a year and a half old when DS was born. For the first 2 weeks, hubby was home to help and DD wanted NOTHING from me. I couldn't change a diaper, I couldn't get her a snack, I couldn't get her dressed. She followed Hubby around EVERYWHERE and if he went to the bathroom, she'd stand outside the door crying for him. She was VERY jealous of baby brother. So when Hubby went back to work, she HAD to let me do all those things for her and she wanted to sit on my lap all the time, but sometimes I had to feed my son. While I was nursing him, she'd sit next to me and she'd try to push him off my lap, or kick him in the head, etc. Every time she did that, I put her on the floor. She couldn't climb on the couch herself. But every time she'd do something like that, I'd put her on the floor and tell her if she couldn't be nice, she couldn't sit with mommy. It took about 2 weeks for her to realize he wasn't going away and she was spending a LOT of time sitting on the floor instead of with mommy and she stopped. From literally day one, when we went out for a walk or to the grocery store, we'd stop at every curb to look both ways. To some people, it would seem a ridiculous waste of time to tell a week old baby we were going to look both ways to see if it was safe, but we did it EVERY time, and by the time they were old enough to walk, they were used to stopping at the curb to look both ways because that was the routine. Neighbors commented about how the kids would run ahead to the curb and stop there and wait for me...they never ran out into the street. It starts from day one. Then they know exactly what to expect because it's been what you've always done.

Yes indeed! It really isn't hard to set boundaries. Kids are smart they catch on quickly to lazy parenting and good parenting. Our choice in most cases.

StarWarsGirl

That dog is adorable! It looks so cuddly.:happy:
She is gorgeous. She's a purebred bearded collie, show quality, but they don't show her. Very well-behaved. She is probably the only dog I trust enough to dogsit (I've known her since she was a puppy, also she only comes to my hip and standing on hind legs is shorter than me). Considering that they have no alarm system here, I really don't mind her being on the bed at night. She probably takes up less of it than Belle does normally.

I wore her out again. She's asleep, and I haven't even gone to bed yet.

Gabe1

I never really had an interest into going to UNI until Diagon Alley was built. I'm so lucky we have the time this summer to explore both resorts.:)

Did you see the Willy Wonka restaurant with all the yummy desserts coming to Uni. They are making some excellent choices and the imagineers there are really ramping up the competition.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/juliareinstein/willy-wonka-chocolate-factory-at-universal#.kcWvNqBAJ

Between their newer attractions, hotels and restaurants they are boldly becoming a formidable opponent. I'm impressed with their huspa.
Can't wait for their water park to open too, maybe Disney will repair theirs.

donaldtoo

Different customs. We had a foreign exchange student, living next door. She spent more time at our house, since we had a pool table in the living room. Any way she said all American's are spoiled with the large houses, all the appliances and fancy items in the kitchen. It must have been an adjustment coming from the states. Of all the things, I wouldn't give up, besides the washer and dryer, is the dishwasher. I hate washing dishes, it's so boring.

Yea, and we're all so spoiled rotten that we never even work for what we have, or anything. :rolleyes:

Gabe1

I think everyone should have a living will, power of attorney, and medical directive. Yes, I have all three. Which is what happens when you're the daughter of a lawyer. Have had all three since I turned 18. My parents also redid everything when I turned 18 to adjust for the fact that I was an adult (for instance, so that if something happens to them, I get custody of my brother). The medical directives make me feel better because their wishes are outlined if one of them is unable to make that decision.

It's very hard to talk about, let alone sit and think about, but extremely important.

I agree. And in my FIL case the living will, the DNR and his stated directive were ignored. Still bugs me.

Gabe1

Yea, and we're all so spoiled rotten that we never even work for what we have, or anything. :rolleyes:

My sister did an exchange to then West Germany. They had sent a daughter to the states that was very smart and she was placed to a family in Colorado that was beyond wealthy and they took her everywhere, she had the time of her life for a year. The next daughter of theirs also came to the states and she was placed on a farm in Indiana. She was miserable thinking she would be afforded what her sister was. Since her family took my Sis my folks took her from the farm to our home which was far from a farm in an upscale suburb of Chicago. She was still so disenchanted from what her Sister experienced in the states and was so nasty and moody.

I didn't live at home anymore but I came by as she was coming out of the bathroom in a bra and undies in front of my Dad. I was appalled and had a conversation with her. Yeah I never did that, she wasn't going to pull that. Shortly thereafter I delivered her back to the farm in Indiana.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom