The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

tumblr_lywmj0vXWZ1r45gwao1_500.gif

Morning everyone, it's currently my second day in the hospital. Right now I'm waiting for my Catscan (CT) and I also just got done drinking berium solution and it took my 5 cups to drink. It was very difficult for my to drink due to how bitter it tasted. At one point I began crying because of how homesick I was and my mother was there to comfort me and after realizing there's a second bottle for me to drink. Right now, I'm waiting for my scan to be taken in 2 hours. I will keep you guys updated later today while I'm in the hospital It's moments like this where I'm glad I own an android which connects to the hospital Wifi since my computer somehow can't connect. I can't even watch YouTube videos in the hospital but my mom's iPhone can do it.
Oh, that sounds horrible, I hate hospital's too. I'm glad your Mom is staying by your side. I hope you find the trouble soon, and come home, my prayers and pixie dust is coming your way.

betty rose

No, there is nothing in the line of a Living Will or a Power of Attorney. As far as mental capacity that has been an ongoing question for at least 25 years now. Personally, based on my very limited exposure to her, she is/was more clear thinking now then she was for the last quarter century. No easy answers, I'm afraid. Her condition is terminal in a more immediate sense without the feeding tube, but, over all it doesn't have a bright, cheery prognosis. The only change is that she would be able to eat and possibly speak, no guarantee's.
You are giving a good example of what can happen when people don't have a living will or power of attorney. Do it, as soon as you have children. We didn't but , we did when Dad died, and knew we should have done this earlier. It's never too early, especially if you get into an accident, you can say what you want to happen. Our attorney only cost 95.00$ to draw this up, and it gives you peace of mind. Things can happen to young people too. Learn from our mistakes. Sorry, don't mean to be preachy, but this is pretty important.

Goofyernmost

You are giving a good example of what can happen when people don't have a living will or power of attorney. Do it, as soon as you have children. We didn't but , we did when Dad died, and knew we should have done this earlier. It's never too early, especially if you get into an accident, you can say what you want to happen. Our attorney only cost 95.00$ to draw this up, and it gives you peace of mind. Things can happen to young people too. Learn from our mistakes. Sorry, don't mean to be preachy, but this is pretty important.
My will was made out years ago. We had one when married which I redid after the divorce. I had a living will, but, I updated it very recently along with a Durable Medical Power of Attorney for myself. In fact, I have been spending a great deal of time over the past three weeks looking at (joy of joys) cemeteries. I, just this morning, decided on one. A very old, but, nice municipal one in Raleigh. Well over 100 years old and even has it's own Confederate Soldier section. (to give you some idea of the age). Easily priced and since cremation is the request for both of us, I told the girls that it was possible to bury both of us in the same lot. To this point neither of us has remarried, she has kept my last name and as long as we don't have to talk for eternity, I have no problem with sharing it, thus saving the girls considerable expense... and why would I care one way or the other. I have chosen the Funeral home and spelled out the basic that I want to happen and if they want more, that cost is on them. I have put aside the current + cost of those services in a separate account, but, depending on when I decide to stop posting on the boards and go to that big internet in the sky, there might be enough money left over to take care of that. I don't mind prepaying for a burial lot, but, I am not really sure that doing that for services is a good idea.

By the way, you can generate a "living will" and a "power of attorney" on line for just $22.00.

Last edited:

Figgy1

Premium Member
My will was made out years ago. We had one when married which I redid after the divorce. I had a living will, but, I updated it very recently along with a Durable Medical Power of Attorney for myself. In fact, I have been spending a great deal of time over the past three weeks looking at (joy of joys) cemeteries. I, just this morning, decided on one. A very old, but, nice municipal one in Raleigh. Well over 100 years old and even has it's own Confederate Soldier section. (to give you some idea of the age). Easily priced and since cremation is the request for both of us, I told the girls that it was possible to bury both of us in the same lot. To this point neither of us has remarried, she has kept my last name and as long as we don't have to talk for eternity, I have no problem with sharing it, thus saving the girls considerable expense... and why would I care one way or the other. I have chosen the Funeral home and spelled out the basic that I want to happen and if they want more, that cost is on them. I have put aside the current + cost of those services in a separate account, but, depending on when I decide to stop posting on the boards and go to that big internet in the sky, there might be enough money left over to take care of that. I don't mind prepaying for a burial lot, but, I am not really sure that doing that for services is a good idea.

By the way, you can generate a "living will" and a "power of attorney" on line for just $22.00.
I'm going to make this easy for all of you. When I go no fuss no muss. Just stop in WS and raise a glass to my memory.

brb1006

The barium solution is a white paste right?
Yikes, I remember when I had to drink 3 glasses to get a full scan of my intestines.. not fun.
Hope you feel better!
Yep the barium solution was completely white and was foamy. My mom had to add a bit of water to a some of the cups to prevent the bitter taste but it sorta helped. But after that, it don't think I will ever look at milkthakes or ice cream the same way for a while now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom