The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

StarWarsGirl

You are giving a good example of what can happen when people don't have a living will or power of attorney. Do it, as soon as you have children. We didn't but , we did when Dad died, and knew we should have done this earlier. It's never too early, especially if you get into an accident, you can say what you want to happen. Our attorney only cost 95.00$ to draw this up, and it gives you peace of mind. Things can happen to young people too. Learn from our mistakes. Sorry, don't mean to be preachy, but this is pretty important.
I think everyone should have a living will, power of attorney, and medical directive. Yes, I have all three. Which is what happens when you're the daughter of a lawyer. Have had all three since I turned 18. My parents also redid everything when I turned 18 to adjust for the fact that I was an adult (for instance, so that if something happens to them, I get custody of my brother). The medical directives make me feel better because their wishes are outlined if one of them is unable to make that decision.

It's very hard to talk about, let alone sit and think about, but extremely important.

betty rose

Okay we just got home from getting hubby's prescriptions, and going to the urologist. He has a stone. Sent home with a bunch of drugs, along with a 12 pack of beer. He is to drink beer and go for a walk to pass the stone. He hates beer, anyone got any ideas to make it taste better, something to have with it. Hey, @donaldtoo, when you want a beer, you can say you are trying to pass a kidney stone. :D:D:D:facepalm:

donaldtoo

Yep the barium solution was completely white and was foamy. My mom had to add a bit of water to a some of the cups to prevent the bitter taste but it sorta helped. But after that, it don't think I will ever look at milkthakes or ice cream the same way for a while now.

Still playing ketchup...
Sympathy like.
Hope they get ya' fixed up, feelin' better, and outta' there, soon...! :)

donaldtoo

Okay we just got home from getting hubby's prescriptions, and going to the urologist. He has a stone. Sent home with a bunch of drugs, along with a 12 pack of beer. He is to drink beer and go for a walk to pass the stone. He hates beer, anyone got any ideas to make it taste better, something to have with it. Hey, @donaldtoo, when you want a beer, you can say you are trying to pass a kidney stone. :D:D:D:facepalm:

Oh my.
Sorry, but, I have absolutely NO clue how you could make beer taste any better than it already does...! :D
Too bad there's not a way he could pass the stone by me drinkin' the beer for 'im...! ;)
And yep, "Preventative medicine", I'll call it...!!! :joyfull:

Goofyernmost

Oh my.
Sorry, but, I have absolutely NO clue how you could make beer taste any better than it already does...! :D
Too bad there's not a way he could pass the stone by me drinkin' the beer for 'im...! ;)
And yep, "Preventative medicine", I'll call it...!!! :joyfull:
Don't be modest! At the very least it is selfless humanitarianism. You'd practically be a saint and your halo would be for real.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Howdy! I am doing well. I met someone from the dating site over the weekend and we had a really nice time. He's also going through a divorce, has 2 kids, is intelligent, funny, and self-aware. We're getting together again later this week, so hopefully things continue going well. :D

Hope you're doing well, too! I see you're still trying to ketch up. I've given up hope for myself. :p

Sounds promising! Good luck!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
tumblr_lywmj0vXWZ1r45gwao1_500.gif

Morning everyone, it's currently my second day in the hospital. Right now I'm waiting for my Catscan (CT) and I also just got done drinking berium solution and it took my 5 cups to drink. It was very difficult for my to drink due to how bitter it tasted. At one point I began crying because of how homesick I was and my mother was there to comfort me and after realizing there's a second bottle for me to drink. Right now, I'm waiting for my scan to be taken in 2 hours. I will keep you guys updated later today while I'm in the hospital It's moments like this where I'm glad I own an android which connects to the hospital Wifi since my computer somehow can't connect. I can't even watch YouTube videos in the hospital but my mom's iPhone can do it.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery!

brb1006

marie1.gif

Hey guys, so far I feel much better now. It's getting dark at the hospital right now but I finally gotten to eat today. I decided to eat some white turkey and mashed potatoes. My stomach while a little sore is is much better shape today that it was over the past Two and a half wheeks. I heard I might return home tommorow hopefully it I look much better since my ski was mostly pale over the past few days but is starting to regain its color back thanks to eating. I'm also starting to get my apetite back and I been thinking about burritos with tasty meat and hamburgers all day. Maybe when I get even more better I might have some when I return home. That's all for now, I will give you more updates later tonight or tommorow.
marie.gif

MOXOMUMD

tumblr_lywmj0vXWZ1r45gwao1_500.gif

Morning everyone, it's currently my second day in the hospital. Right now I'm waiting for my Catscan (CT) and I also just got done drinking berium solution and it took my 5 cups to drink. It was very difficult for my to drink due to how bitter it tasted. At one point I began crying because of how homesick I was and my mother was there to comfort me and after realizing there's a second bottle for me to drink. Right now, I'm waiting for my scan to be taken in 2 hours. I will keep you guys updated later today while I'm in the hospital It's moments like this where I'm glad I own an android which connects to the hospital Wifi since my computer somehow can't connect. I can't even watch YouTube videos in the hospital but my mom's iPhone can do it.
That stuff is horrible to drink. When I did it came back up partway through my scan. Then they decided I needed to go directly to surgery because my appendix was about to burst. Yup, that drink's nasty. :grumpy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom