The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

betty rose

Believe me I know already. It took me a while to fall asleep because the bed felt hot, then I had to take time getting comfortable by adjusting my bed, then putting some of my pillows in front, and I had to watch out for the cord which is put into my arm since yesterday which puts fluids into me along with something that can help my swollen intestines. I'm alright now so far.
I'm glad they are taking good care of you.

Goofyernmost

I'm so sorry....that's such a rough situation!! Nobody wins. Is there someone who has power of attorney? And did she say no at any time before there was a question of her mental capacity to understand what's going on? Like...does she have a living will? My mom always said, for example, that she didn't want to be kept alive by machine. That if she got to the point where she couldn't eat or drink by herself, she'd not like to live like that and we should let her go. She was clear about that long before we got to that stage of her cancer, so we could abide by her wishes. I'm so sorry for your girls...it's a terrible burden for them to have to bear...to be the one to decide that kind of thing. Is there maybe a counselor who could mediate with them and talk them through it all? I take it her condition is a terminal one? Could they maybe talk to a hospice nurse?
No, there is nothing in the line of a Living Will or a Power of Attorney. As far as mental capacity that has been an ongoing question for at least 25 years now. Personally, based on my very limited exposure to her, she is/was more clear thinking now then she was for the last quarter century. No easy answers, I'm afraid. Her condition is terminal in a more immediate sense without the feeding tube, but, over all it doesn't have a bright, cheery prognosis. The only change is that she would be able to eat and possibly speak, no guarantee's.

donaldtoo

Not a freak'n clue yet. A couple weeks ago when they couldn't find the cause for the high heart rate they just released him :cyclops:

I can't wrap my brain around the yes your heart has an issue but we don't know what it is and can't figure it out so go home. What the heck?

Neither can I.
All the issues everyone is having with healthcare is just crazy.
I can honestly say, I don't remember any of us ever having any major issues with it over the years. Everything from my mothers gal bladder surgery way back in the day, to the births of our 3 kiddos (the staff in the NICU with DS for 4.5 mos. were just amazing), to my heart and other issues, to my fathers prostate and heart surgeries.
Maybe we've just been lucky...?

betty rose

No, there is nothing in the line of a Living Will or a Power of Attorney. As far as mental capacity that has been an ongoing question for at least 25 years now. Personally, based on my very limited exposure to her, she is/was more clear thinking now then she was for the last quarter century. No easy answers, I'm afraid. Her condition is terminal in a more immediate sense without the feeding tube, but, over all it doesn't have a bright, cheery prognosis. The only change is that she would be able to eat and possibly speak, no guarantee's.
I hope the hospital can keep her sedated enough to keep her comfortable.

betty rose

Neither can I.
All the issues everyone is having with healthcare is just crazy.
I can honestly say, I don't remember any of us ever having any major issues with it over the years. Everything from my mothers gal bladder surgery way back in the day, to the births of our 3 kiddos (the staff in the NICU with DS for 4.5 mos. were just amazing), to my heart and other issues, to my fathers prostate and heart surgeries.
Maybe we've just been lucky...?
I think the medical system has gone down hill, a lot. I'm wondering how long hubby will have to wait for kidney surgery, 7 years ago, with his last stone , it was two weeks.

betty rose

Good morning!! Well had to use the inhaler last night and this morning.:banghead: Throat started closing up. Thought this stuff was behind me. I called the pharmacist to see if I could start allergy meds back. Maybe that will help my stuffy nose. I hate winter with a passion! :mad:
Really want to walk outside today. Supposed to be in the mid-70s.
I'm so sorry, hubby and I have the same thing going on, trees are starting to bloom, and that means trouble. But, they are so pretty. It's an early spring, but that comes to an end on Friday. Back to winter.

Cesar R M

Well after a 7 hour battle with the website Mrs Ferret has got us all checked in with a Port arrival time and we have all the excursions we wanted :D. Only a long 75 days to go :bored:.
Where you getting errors or something?
I just noticed they have a new more broad (identical to the walt disney world style) website.
I kinda preferred the old site and not the "generic look to everything" of today.

Figgy1

Premium Member
I'm so sorry, hubby and I have the same thing going on, trees are starting to bloom, and that means trouble. But, they are so pretty. It's an early spring, but that comes to an end on Friday. Back to winter.
Sorry to hear that. It looks like we've past the last of the really bad out here. Not that we won't have some cold spells but the long range is looking good.

Cesar R M

tumblr_lywmj0vXWZ1r45gwao1_500.gif

Morning everyone, it's currently my second day in the hospital. Right now I'm waiting for my Catscan (CT) and I also just got done drinking berium solution and it took my 5 cups to drink. It was very difficult for my to drink due to how bitter it tasted. At one point I began crying because of how homesick I was and my mother was there to comfort me and after realizing there's a second bottle for me to drink. Right now, I'm waiting for my scan to be taken in 2 hours. I will keep you guys updated later today while I'm in the hospital It's moments like this where I'm glad I own an android which connects to the hospital Wifi since my computer somehow can't connect. I can't even watch YouTube videos in the hospital but my mom's iPhone can do it.
The barium solution is a white paste right?
Yikes, I remember when I had to drink 3 glasses to get a full scan of my intestines.. not fun.
Hope you feel better!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom